The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Do you agree?
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Resist it and your soul goes sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.

do you agree?
No. Very often when you finally get what you want, you don't want it It just isn't as good as you'd imagined it to be. I'd rather yearn for the things I can't have, than have the things I don't want.
I agree with you; things seem to beautiful and worth yearning as long as we do not have them. Then they became the part of our dull reality.
On the other hand, people who lack sth in life and who know they are not able to fulfill their dreams are often frustrated and depressed...
>On the other hand, people who lack sth in life and who know they are
>not able to fulfill their dreams are often frustrated and depressed...
There is a good saying worth remembering: "Be careful what you wish for - one day you might just get it". I once wished for something - got it - and it turned out to be a nightmare.
I too have a dream - I wish to be 20 with the intelligence of a 90 year old. Any chance?
I'm frustrated and depressed when I see man's inhumanity to man.
I agree with you to a certain extent. To my mind we should indulge ourselves and yield to temptation but not go beyond all reason. Life is too short to avoid all pleasures.
I too have a dream - I wish to be 20 with the intelligence of a 90
>year old. Any chance?

Sure! Genetic engineering should do the trick. :)

I'm hankering after a crab apple, would anyone pluck it for me ?:D
merix-
>I too have a dream - I wish to be 20 with the intelligence of a 90
year old. Any chance?
>Sure! Genetic engineering should do the trick. :)
But sadly, not in my lifetime...
>we should indulge ourselves and yield to temptation but not go beyond all reason...
O, yes, - except that for some people this so called 'reason' is very different than to others. The minute you qualify exactly what it is, you set limits on people's behaviour.
eg - is it ok for a man to drink 5lt of beer a day? what about a woman who drinks the same?
If you are at the formal party drinking too much alcohol is neither good for man nor for woman. We should use our common sense in everything. If we remember about this we may feel justified. If one drinks one beer one should feel as if one yields to temptation or only when one drink the 5th beer? In my opinion it does not matter as long as one behave in sensible way.
>drinking 'too much' (how much is that?) alcohol is neither
'good' (I know, I know, but neither is smoking, driving too fast, crossing the road, staying at home, etc, etc.) for man nor for woman. We should use our 'common sense' (I genuinely promise to use that when I am 90, but until then....) in everything.
moderation in all things.. even in moderation ;)
Cal_40
Do you think that 'age' could have an influence on the 'moderation' aspect?
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia