closing night

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Mam 2 pytanka:

1. czy zwrot "closing night" może być użyty tylko w kontekście sztuki/produkcji czy może też być użyty gdy mowa o aktorach, któzy pojawiają się w danej sztuce po raz ostatni - "sb's closing night"?

2. czy można powiedzieć "Was it hard to do sth and trying to be nice to everyone?" czy musi być "Was it hard to do sth and try to be nice to everyone?" ?
and try / while trying
dzięki, a co z pierwszym? :)
i jeszcze mam takie jedno pytanie "I tired to get back as much as I could" czy "I was trying to get back as much as I could" - w sensie, że przez jakiś tam okres w przeszłości staraliśmy się wracać do jakiegoś miejsca tak często, jak to tylko było możliwe?
nie wiem, co z closing night

tried
closing night jest o.k. Masz 'opening night' i 'closing night' albo po prostu 'last performance'.
Cytat: justme33
"I 'tired ' (byles zmeczony, czy TRIED- probowales) to get back as much as I could" czy "I was trying to get back as much as I could" -NIE.
To co napisales, to ma calkowicie inne znaczenie. To co napisales to jest tak: masz wadliwy towar i chcesz odzyskac pieniadze, i wtedy...tried to get back as much as I could, ale to co ty masz na mysli to jest:
Co chcesz powiedziec to ' I tried to get back THERE as much as I could. ...chcialem tam powrocic...
Czyli "After Laurence Olivier's closing night in Hamlet XYZ took over the title role." ?

przepraszam za literówkę w "tried", a mogłoby być "I would try"?
Cytat: justme33
Czyli "After Laurence Olivier's closing night in Hamlet XYZ took over the title role." ?

przepraszam za literówkę w "tried", a mogłoby być "I would try"?
>>>>Czyli "After Laurence Olivier's closing night in Hamlet XYZ took over the title role." ?
Tak, moze tak byc, ale generalnie mowimy... Following LO's closing night in Hamlet, (tutaj mozna dodac,...it was X who took over) X took over....'
I would try"? - tak
Dziękuję za pomoc i proszę o sprawdzenie jeszcze kilku zdań :)

1. Zastanawiam się, które z tych zdań jest poprawne: "Scalpers were asking from $80 to $320 for a ticket.", "Scalpers were asking for from $80 to $320 for a ticket." czy "Scalpers were asking for a ticket from $80 to $320." ?
2. Powinno być "Was it difficult in the early days ...?" czy "Was it difficult, in the early days, ...?" ?
3. "It's a poem he wrote in the early 60s and it's about *nazwa miasta*, the city he used to grew up in. He loved that place and lived there for about 12 first years of his life, then his parents decided to move to the US but he never really liked the new place and missed *nazwa miasta*."
4. "I was there, actually, trying to do it myself."
1. "Scalpers were asking from $80 to $320 for a ticket." - ok.
2. "Was it difficult in the early days ...?" ok.
3. "It's a poem he 'wrote' (generally jak mowimy o poems, to mowimy ze 'composed') in the early 1960s and it's about *nazwa miasta*, the city 'he used' (niepotr) 'to' (niepotr) grew up in. He loved that place and lived there for about 12 'first'(wg mnie niepotr) years of his life, 'then' (troche mi to slowo przypomina mowe, kiedy cos opowiadamy, then this, then that...w pismie uzywamy inne slowa, tutaj mozna 'thereafter,) his parents 'decided to move' (nie, bo opisujesz czas przeszly, tutaj 'moved') to the US (przecinek przed slowem 'but' dlatego ze teraz piszesz o czyms innym) he never really liked the new place and missed *nazwa miasta*."
4. "I was there, 'actually' (to slowo nic nie znaczy -prosze jego NIGDY nie uzywac. Jest teraz jakis trend na uzywanie takich slow, ale to jest naprawde irritujace do punktu moja prawa reka a twoja twarz, prosze nauczyc sie innych, wiecej odpowiednich slow) trying to do it myself.
1. a gdyby nie było "from... to.." to byłoby po prostu "Scalpers were asking $80 for a ticket." ?
Dziękuję za pomoc :)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.