Zadanie z lukami

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hej! Jeśli ktoś ma czas i chęć, to prosze o pomoc, gdyż już od 2 dni myśle i nie wiem jak to zadanie zrobić. W zadaniu należy wstawić w puste miejsce tylko jeden wyraz. Dziękuje, jeśli ktoś mi poświęci swój cenny czas.

As you can image, my first day in my first full-time job ever was somewhat less than idyllic. ......(1) all the preparatory mental work I had done, I arrived at the office so nervous I was almost speechless. For the first few hours I remained totally at ......(2). I had ......(3) a mind to run out there and then. By lunch time I was absolutely shaking with nerves, but I refused to ......(4) in the towel. I had studied hard for this career; I just couldn't bring myself to ......(5) up quite yet, ......(6) unlikely my prospects of survival appeared. Three days later things were still at low ......(7) but refused point-......(8) to admit defeat. It was clear my new colleagues were ......(9) allowances for me and giving me the benefit of the ......(10). They probably thought I was on my last ......(11) anyway. The second week passed quite uneventfully and ......(12) it or not, at the end of it I was actually beginning to relax. Looking back after seventeen years, I'm glad I ......(13)it out and didn't buckle ......(14). I'm pleased and proud to hold the position of Director General in this multinational company, ......(15) only the third giigest in the world.

1. FROM
3. IN
4. THROW
5. GIVE
6. ALTHOUGH OR DESPITE ???
7. LEVEL
8. BLANK
9. MAKING
10. DOUBT
11. LEG
12. BELIEVE
15. WHICH ???
Moze chociaz troche pomoge, ale nie wszystko ;-(:

1. DESPITE (lub od biedy; AFTER, ale despite pasuje lepiej)
2. LOSS?
3. Gdyby tam bylo: I WAS, mozna by dac: OF a mind to do sth. Ale jest I HAD.
przejrzyj: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/mind - moze na cos wpadniesz.
4. throw - OK
5. give - OK
6. HOWEVER
7. level chyba nie. Znalazlam cos takiego: AT LOW TIDE - moze to?
8. blank OK
9. making OK
10. doubt OK
11. LEGS, nie leg
12. believe OK
13. STUCK?
14. DOWN?
15. Gdyby po tym bylo IS, to mozna by dac WHICH. Ale ni ma. Pojecia nie mam, co tu pasuje ;-(
I'm pleased and proud to hold the position of Director General in this multinational company, ......(15) only the third biggest in the world.
13. stuck - ok
15 - myslalam, ze moze 'unfortunately', dlatego, ze 'only' the 3rd biggest- to 'only' cos mi nie daje spokoju - daje ono znac, ze musi byc negatywna konotacja. Moze tez byc slowo 'now'- ale to jakos cos nie tak.
Teraz nie wiem, czy zdanie jest dobrze przepisane - bo tu niby sie Director chwali, a tu zaluje, ze jest 'tylko' na 3cim miejscu.
Bylabym ciekawa, jakie to slowo ma byc.
>15 - to 'only' cos mi nie daje spokoju - daje ono znac, ze musi
>byc negatywna konotacja.
>Teraz nie wiem, czy zdanie jest dobrze przepisane -

No wlasnie. Mam takie samo wrazenie

a może 'not'? Tez cos nie tak

ewentualnie 'ranking', ale to slowo nie usunie negatywnych konotacji 'only'
moze: IF?
A co myslicie o tym:
I had... a mind to run out there and then?
I had half a mind to do sth...
teraz mysle, o 'but'
'half a mind' chyba najlepiej pasuje. Well done engee...xxx
Brawo Engee!
>moze: IF?

TAK!!!
brawo...Oli?
;-D
I don't share the same enthusiasm for your choice - I'd go for 'as only the third biggest...'
mysle, ze 'if' - ..if only the third...(regrets that not the first)
Czyli podsumowujac:

1. DESPITE
2. LOSS
3. HALF
4. throw
5. give
6. HOWEVER
7. TIDE?
8. blank
9. making
10. doubt
11. LEGS
12. believe
13. STUCK
14. DOWN
15. IF
totally at sea
at low ebb
buckle under chyba, w słownikach buckle down to zabrać się do roboty, czyli nie pasuje
loss nie pasuje, bo brakuje przedimka. Na początku pomyślałem o ease, ale nie jestem pewien czy pasuje :P
Tez myslalam o "at a loss", chociaz "at loss" takze jest uzywane. Ale at sea pewnie jest lepszym rozwiazaniem.
at sea- nie znałem tego. dzięki
Wielkie Wielkie Dzięki dla Wszyskich za POMOC!!!
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie