Questions!

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam serdecznie:)
Czy ktoś mógłby zerknąć czy poniższe opisy są poprawnie gramatycznie?Logiczne?

1. There are certain things that may surprise you. For example finding the right means of transport may be difficult if you don’t know which are comfortable of the fastest in a foreign country. Also booking hotels may be problematic. One day you book a great room with a great view and then you go there and see that it is far from ideal. Another thing that may go wrong is communicating with foreigners, especially if they don’t speak English and you don’t know their language. Then you just have to wave your hands and communicate through signals. For example, you can order pizza made of white flour and the waiter may bring you a flower. (Homonimy)

2. When I was in Praga with my friend, we were walking through the city sightseeing we saw that Kanye West was shooting a video in the streets of the city. I thought we could come and shake hands, unfortunately the bodyguards did not let us near the shooting plan. But it was great anyway sop we took some photos and enjoyed the moment.

3. My favourite travel to tell is about the trip to Gdynia. I was very young and I was walking in the sun on the beach with my parents. Then I saw some beautiful shells in the sand and I ran to collect them. Later, I ran back to my father and caught his hand while he was walking. After a few seconds I realised, however, that I was holding a hand of some strange man who was only similar to my father. I screamed and ran back to my parents who by that time were laughing loudly.

4. My advice to foreigners travelling to Poland would be that they should look out for thieves and pickpockets. In larger cities they should avoid big residential districts with huge blocks of flats, where you can meet hooligans. I would also say: Don’t worry about the Poles’ grumpy faces, they only look as if they were angry, but they are kind at heart.

5. I think that if your job is your hobby you won’t work a day in your life because it will be always rewarding. Successful sportsmen or scientists, for example, can combine both – living for working and working for living. Your job may be the thing that gives you great satisfaction in our life.

6. The worst job in the world was at the supermarket. it was a seasonal job. I had to lift heavy things and work at night. I had a horrible boss who screamed a lot, so I hated it.

7. In the future I would like to become a teacher. It is a great job with a lot of opportunities. You work with children and get great satisfaction from it.
8. The busiest day for me now is Wednesday, because of my school and other activities. In order to find time for what I want to do and complete the tasks I plan everything in advance in my calendar. I do priorities first and things that are less important later.

9. Time is precious because if you use it properly and productively you can earn more money in some jobs. It is also important for business because if you have a great idea and use it before others you can get more benefits. For me it also means that you shouldn’t waste your time because if you do you may fall behind with your work, studying or personal life as there is not much time left for the important things.

10. I think daylight savings time is a good idea, because it enables for ‘psychological regeneration’ and enjoying outdoor activities like hiking, which is also good for the health. Also, the sunlight prevents the depression. Besides, putting clocks one hour forward is the only thing you have to do.

11. In my free time I like reading books. If I had some extra hours I would like to spend them on some physical activities, like swimming, for example. It’s relaxing and regenerating. Unfortunately I don’t have much time for it now.

12. I think that what makes ‘a house’ into ‘a home’, are the people that live there, the memories that are connected to the place and the feelings of safety and belonging. you won’t feel that in a hotel during a trip or in the place uncomfortable for you.

13. Although I don’t very often change the decor I recently moved the furniture. Sometimes I also rearrange the things, like books on shelves. What I like to do from time to time is to put some new posters on walls. Generally, my decor doesn’t change very often.

14. In the future I would like to live in the united States. It is a big and beautiful country. My home would be in the suburbs with a yard and family. I would have nice neighbours and live happily. If I lived in Los Angeles I could visit all the famous places from the films. The important thing is that there is almost always sunny.

15. My clothes reflect who I am and how I feel. I like looking fashionable but I don’t follow every new trend, so I don’t think I am a ‘fashion victim’. I try to make my own style and wear something that suits me and make I feel comfortable in.

16. I guess I would feel uncomfortable in that situation and I would wonder what is the reason behind it. If it was discrimination I would try to fight with it through petitions and with help of the law enforcement. On the other hand, if I would wear some inappropriate clothes in a serious place like a pink cowboy hat in a church or a theatre I would accept my mistake and come another time prepared better.

17. I disagree when the statement is put literally, because neither the clothes nor appearances make who we really are. On the other hand, there is a grain of truth in that saying, because clothes may reflect our personality or the mood on a given day. The clothing may give other people some hints on whether the person has taste or is organized. Who would trust a man with a serious task if he wasn’t able to fulfil the task of putting on clean and fresh clothes?

18. I would describe my personal style as casual. I dress in appropriate clothes when I go to the University but I try to be casual when meeting friends. In my opinion, young people may dress more freely, that’s why I always try to wear thing that look nice but suit me. I would never wear something only because it is fashionable. Don’t understand me wrong, I would, but it had to match my personality.

19. When it comes to the choice of job or career my family doesn’t put pressure on me and I have a relative freedom of choice, but when it comes to everyday activities like studying, cleaning or tidying the room they often tell me what to do, like for example before exams I constantly hear that I should study more, which sometimes is quite irritating.

20. I think that usually a mother is a better “stay at home parent” than a father, especially in case of babies, but when children become older a father can also look after them as well as a mother can. However, it is usually mother who is responsible for looking after the children.

21. I think that gender roles are less strictly defined in Poland than it was for example 30 years ago, and it is a general, global trend, maybe with the exception for Islamic countries. When it comes to professional life I think that hard physical work, like working in a mine or working on oil platforms, will always be a domain of men. As women are not adapted to it, so in some cases the division between ‘man’s work’ and ‘woman’s work’ is a good idea.

22. Women and men are different as their attitude to everyday life are different. Women like sharing their emotions more than men, which are often silent and contemplate their problems alone. Women are also more empathetic while men present more ‘tough’ attitude. I think that these behaviours are natural and make the man and woman complete each other.
23. I think that the most important discoveries of the 20th century are the discovery of nuclear power, because it helped people to find the way to produce energy without polluting environment so much. Also the discovery of antibiotics which helped to prevents many diseases and epidemics. The Internet seems to be also one of the most important ones as it allows instant communication and combines other discoveries such as radio, television and press together.

24. In my opinion, the technology helps to make more and more discoveries. Of course, every day the old technologies are improved or replaced by the new, and it all happens in front of our eyes. Thanks to the fast communication between people through the Internet, for example, and thanks to the computers there will be more and more new discoveries.

25. There is a lot of advantages in knowing the second language. First of all, you can communicate with new people and exchange ideas. Secondly, you can travel to other countries and not feel more comfortable. What is more you can get to know the culture of a given country in its native language. There are of course some disadvantages, because sometimes you may forget even simple words from your mother tongue . However, it happens rarely and is a minor problem.

26. The main advantage of Polish is that is has clear and easy spelling, at least much easier than in English. In English it often happens that the way you write and the way you say a given word are not the same, and you often have to wonder what is the right spelling. It often causes mistakes in texts.

i part 2 :)

27. I think that the idea of one universal language is nice in theory, but it is completely wrong in practice. History shows that although there people tried to introduce universal languages all of them failed because manufactured languages exist out of everyday context and culture. What’s more the languages like Esperanto are not native to anyone.

28. My opinion is that education is a right because everyone should have an opportunity to learn and develop their potential. Everyone should have an access to knowledge gathered and accumulated through centuries by scholars and scientists. I also think that everyone should have this right, no matter what is their social background, or financial situation.

29. The most important things that parents can teach their children are the values and how to be a good person. They also should teach them how to survive and solve the problems of everyday life. It is important to help them in every way but not to spoil them so they can live their lives independently in the future.
30. I think the good aspects of my education were that I had a variety of different subjects and extra classes so I could expand my knowledge and understanding of different things and to decide what is interesting for me. At school I could meet interesting people and test myself. When it comes to bad aspects I think I spent a lot of time learning some things that were not useful at all and that I had no intention of learning, like for example calculating mole mass at chemistry classes.

31. Many people complain about Polish education because they think it is not modern and not most effective. Some say that we learn not impractical things. I think, however, that Polish teenagers and university students have much greater knowledge than their peers from some western countries like the USA or Britain. What is also important is that in many Asian, South American or African countries people don’t have an access to public education at all, so we should appreciate more the fact that we have such opportunities.

32. I think that ‘low’ culture is the culture that is popular and made for everyone, and sometimes representing lower standards. ‘High” culture is the culture that is more difficult to understand and appreciate, but also more rewarding. I feel the need to be ‘cultured’ and broaden my horizons, because I can learn what other people think and know more about the world around me.

33. TV in Poland mixes bad and good things. The good things are the interesting cultural programmes, the documentaries and interesting selection of foreign films. The worst features of TV in Poland are the ‘low’ culture soap operas, para-documentaries and the ongoing commercialization of television.

34. If I could change anything about my culture I would make it less materialistic and more individualistic (in a true sense) and focused on not-material values, because I think we live in a world where people are treated as market products.

35. I’m proud of the Polish musicians such as Chopin or Penderecki, film directors such as Roman Polański and the number of Polish scientists who discovered many things over the years. There are many thinks to be named, but one of the recent things that Polish people exported is, for example., a computer game “The Witcher” which succeeded on the global game market.

36. My favourite form of entertainment is reading and watching documentary movies. How much time I spend on it depends on how much time I have, but generally I read about 10 hours per week. Although it is a form of entertainment for me, after a long while of reading I also feel tired so in the meantime I also like do have some physical activities, like swimming for example.

37. The substances you eat with food form the structure of your body and if the meals you eat are not healthy you are not likely to be strong. An important issue is to eat enough in terms of quantity but also in terms of quality. From the medical point of view, most diseases are caused by unhealthy habits and therefore proper diet has is important if you want to be truly healthy.

38. I can agree with this statement; I think that health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit, and when one is distracted by some illness it is difficult to think clearly and focus. Additionally, caring about good health and being fit requires self-discipline and determination, which is also a form of ‘training’ for your character. In martial arts for example, physical effort is seen as a mean of developing your mind.

39. The scientists say that mind and body are connected. One of the most visible and known examples of this connection is the Placebo effect – people who believe some medicine have an effect on the functioning of their bodies actually start to feel differently. During an experiment a group of ill people were given pills with sugar and they were told that it was a revolutionary and innovative medicine. What was found was that they actually felt better, although it was only because to their attitude.

40. I think that Polish diet is quite heavy. In the Polish cuisine you can find many meals that have a lot of fat and are difficult to digest. On the other hand the Polish eat a lot of pickled food, mostly vegetables which represents the healthy part of the Polish diet. I thinks that that combination is quite good. I think that the British cuisine is nice, too, but it has more unhealthy food, such as burgers, fast food, and bacon with eggs for breakfast.

41. Childhood obesity is becoming such a problem throughout the world because of the modern lifestyle of children and teenagers who spend, or rather waste more and more time using computers, and are not physically active. Another reason is that fast and junk food is more and more common, even among primary school students. In Poland it is not such a problem as in the US, but still it is becoming more and more visible.

i part 3:)

42. I think Poland is as a friendly country for people with physical disabilities as other countries in the west. The only difference and obstacles disabled people have to face are infrastructural barriers in cities as well as limited and difficult access to professional health-care, which is caused by ineffective administration in public institutions.
43. There are a plenty of annoying and irritating behaviours and habits in other people that bother me. One of them is when someone is notoriously late or when someone agrees to something and later resigns, in the very last moment. Another thing which irritates me, but is not so serious is when someone stares at my screen when I work by computer. Those were just a few irritating behaviours, because to enumerate all of them would take a long while...

44. In Spain and in southern countries in general it is normal and acceptable to hug with people when you meet someone or as a form of saying goodbye. In our country, however, we usually keep the distance and we are not very willing to let anyone in our private space. That is one example that I can think of... Nothing else actually comes to my mind now.

45. The last film that brought out strong emotions in me was “Intouchables”. It is a French film about a disabled rich man who gets as a helper a young man with law and financial problems in his life. The film proves that stereotypes of rich people which think only about themselves or young people who are unemployed and up to no good are not true. It also shows that the friendship may be strong even between the people from different worlds. The story was moving, especially as the film was basing on the real life story.

46. When I was at primary school my father taught me how to play chess. At his youth he was an excellent chess player and won some tournament. At the beginning it didn’t took him long to beat me but with time I was playing better and better and after several years of occasional playing I finally won. It gave me great satisfaction.

47. When I was about 10 years old we used to play cards with my father and sister on weekends, usually on Saturday or Sunday morning. It was not a tradition in a strict sense, but we played for some time. I don’t know whether I would like to have such a tradition with my own family, because I have never thought about it. I think, however , that it would be a nice idea to have such activity or hobby that could engage the whole family.

48. I think I know the right balance. For me it love is more important than money, because it gives true happiness and a feeling of harmony. Money, on the other hand, is just a tool, a mean to get something, so money is not a purpose itself. Besides, people who truly love you and who share their lives with you are priceless and will be much more valuable to you in case you need help or have some problems.

49. Ideally, I would like to be satisfied with both my professional and personal life, but if I had to choose I would say that having a good relationship is more important (providing that I have some job and financial means to make for a living). The reason for that is that at work you are obliged to different things and to do different tasks and you often have to experience stress. When you are in a good relationship with someone you are not together because you have to but because you want to and your relationship is not a source of stress but a source joy.

50. I think that censorship is necessary when the materials are harmful to the people. It is necessary, for example, to prevent children from accessing adult films or books. If censorship is abused, for example, by holding information from people, as it happens in the Chinese Internet, I think it is wrong.

51. If a newspaper editor decides what is reported, he tries to be objective and to choose materials which are the most interesting. When a government official decides about it, he may want to report only positive information about the government and to hide inconvenient facts that put the government in the bad light.

52. I think that censorship is not a problem in Poland. The media show good and bad information as well and are not so strongly connecter with the politics. It was different during the period from 1945 to 1989 as the communistic authorities censored every material in the media and did not appreciate different opinions then their own.

53. My current hobby is fitness. I like physical activities and I like being healthy. My friends likes fitness, too and she told me to join her. We go together to the gym now every week and we have a lot of fun. I like to have healthy body and to look well.

54. I would like to travel around the world and visit places. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to do it and it costs a lot of money. Maybe in future I could do it. Also, I would like to try salsa dance. My friend does it and I would like to do it too some day. It is on of the most beautiful dances in the world.

55. When I was 12 I collected stamps, cards with story heroes and stickers. I had many different collections. I left it because I don’t watch children series anymore and I send e-mails instead of a the regular mail. It was great fun when I was younger and I exchanged my collections with my friends. I think that was a nice, creative hobby.
Prague
My favourite travel to tell is about the trip to Gdynia.
...which are comfortable of the fastest in a foreign country.
...what makes ‘a house’ into ‘a home...
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie