Prośba do terri (list do uczelni w UK)

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-60 z 70
Dzięki terri i Tobie, Prze, że mi pomagacie. Jesteście niezastąpieni! :) Jeśli chodzi o mnie, nie patrzę na razie na Master'a, zerkam tylko na Bachelor. Nie patrzę też na inne architektoniczne kursy, bo to będzie zupełnie inna praca, dająca zupełnie inne uprawnienia i możliwości.

Dzisiaj wieczorem naskrobię do nich, ale oni muszą mi to uznać, pomęczę ich trochę. Polska matura z matematyki na poziomie rozszerzonym, która jest naprawdę TRUDNA; odbyty kurs na PWr, CAE i IELTS zdany dość dobrze powinny wystarcztyć.

Dziś wieczorem wrzucę tu list, dotyczący tylko i wyłącznie rekrutacji na czystą architekturę, zadam im kilka pytanek wprost, na które będę oczekiwał konkretnej odpowiedzi, a nie marudzenia. Najwyżej jak będzie Ci się chciało, to przeczytasz terri i może zasugerujesz mi, bym ewentualnie coś dopisał odnośnie samej rekrutacji?

Pozdrawiam
Studiowanie przez 4 lata Architecture and Planning (i uzyskanie przez ten czas "tylko" licencjat), a później przez 2 lata czysta Architecture to głupi pomysł.

po co w ogóle takie coś jak bachelor programme z czystej Architecture istnieje?

wychodzi na to, że normalna osoba, nawet jakiś Brytyjczyk nie może iść na licencjat z czystej architektury? ;|
Czesc:

Przeczytaj sobie to uwaznie. Trzeba pierw skonczyc "3-year generalist architecture degree" zanim sie idzie na B.Arch

The Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is an undergraduate academic degree designed to satisfy the academic component of professional accreditation bodies, to be followed by a period of practical training prior to professional examination and registration. It is awarded for a course of study that lasts up to five years. In some cases, a B.Arch can only be undertaken after having completed a three-year generalist architectural degree, in which case, it may be as short as two years. Many architecture schools using this bi-partite structure have re-badged their B.Arch programs as M.Arch degrees

Architectural education differs slightly in the United Kingdom. A five year course used to exist in a similar fashion to the United States, but the 1960s saw the introduction of the Sandwich course and a split of the Barch into a 3 year BA degree (or in some cases BSc) followed by a year working in practice, after which a 2 year B.Arch is completed. A further year of work completes the student's education upon the passing of Part III final examinations (See below). Registration as an architect is then permissible by the Architects Registration Board. Many UK universities offer postgraduate programs by coursework and research in architecture and related fields such as landscape architecture, planning, and urban design.

[edit] The RIBA 3 Part Examinations
In effect, for most student to become an architect in the United Kingdom they must pass or be exempted from Part I,II and III of the RIBA's examinations. Completion of the 3 year BA or BSc gives an exemption from Part I. Completion of the 2 year B.Arch gives exemption from Part II and the final year of supervised in practice training, with supplemental assignments makes up the requirements for Part III.

An alternative route to qualification exists by sitting the exams directly - currently this administered by Oxford Brookes University on behalf of the RIBA.
Dzięki siuniab za pomoc :) Mam pytanko. Skąd to dokładnie wzięłaś?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Architecture#Studying_architecture_in_the_UK
Na twoim miejscu, bym szukala BA - architecture studies, co trwa tylko 3 lata, a nie 4 (jak w UWE). Po co tracic czas (i pieniadze) na dodatkowy rok.
My name is Mateusz XXX. I was born in 1992 in Poland. I am writing this letter in order to request additional information regarding entry requirements and the application process for the ‘Architecture’ programme at the University of the West of England. Could you send me some further information as I am interested in studying at UWE? My preferred area of study would be 'Architecture' as this is the profession that I am the most passionate about. I do not hide that I am not interested in studying ‘Architectural technology’, ‘Architecture and Planning’ or ‘Architecture and Environmental Engineering’. Which subjects would be pre-requisites for entry into UWE's ‘Architecture’ programme? I am going to sit for mathematics, chemistry and English (advanced level) and Polish (basic level) at the Polish ‘Matura’. Please outline the minimum results I would need to achieve in my Polish ‘Matura’ examination in order to qualify for these studies. Is there a limited number of available vacancies for students in this area of study? Does entry into 'Architecture' require a personal interview or an assessment of my portfolio? Do any other qualitative factors enter into the UWE's decision making process?. I heard that there is an exam in technical drawing as one of THE entry requirements. Will this be in conjunction with my interview? When exactly is it conducted? What would you recommend that I proceed? I plan to enrol on a technical drawing course at definitely the best Polish technical academy - Wroclaw University of Technology. I will get a special certificate which will confirm my skills proved during the course. I would like to commence my studies in the year 2011/12. I have learned Spanish and Italian for a year. Therefore, would it be possible to continue learning any of those languages during the studies? Thank you in advance for your help and consideration. I look forward to your reply.
trochę też długie, ale starałem się wywalić szczegóły w przeciwieństwie do pierwszego listu, którego nie wysłałem

może jednak mi uznają ten kurs? jak jest coś jeszcze takiego, co uważacie za zbędne, to terri, siuniab, napiszcie mi proszę o tym, ok? ;)

postaram się jeszcze teraz poszukać informacji o tym kursie (English version) na Wroclaw University of Technology
'I am writing this letter in order to' (niepotr) Lepiej...I would like to request additional information regarding entry requirements and the application process for the (tutaj musisz napisac ktory BA?) 'Architecture'
programme at the University of 'the' (niepotr) West of England.
'Could you send me some further information' (niepotr) 'as' (niepotr)
I am interested in studying at UWE'?' (a dlaczego dales tutaj znak zapytania - nie rozumiem)
I 'do not hide that I' (niepotr) am 'not' interested in studying 'Architectural technology' (po co pisac TEGO co NIE chcesz studiowac), 'Architecture and Planning' or 'Architecture and Environmental Engineering'.

Which subjects would be pre-requisites for entry into UWE's 'Architecture' programme? I am going to sit 'for' (niepotr) mathematics, chemistry and English (advanced level) and Polish (basic level) at the Polish 'Matura' (ale kiedy - napisz).
...Is there a limited number of available vacancies for students in this area of study?....To niepotrzeba wiedziec, miejsca zawsze sa.
I 'heard' BELIEVE that there is an exam in technical drawing as one of THE entry
requirements.
I plan to enrol on a technical drawing course 'at definitely' (niepot) AT the best Polish technical academy - Wroclaw University of Technology. I will
get a special certificate which will confirm my skills 'proved' (niepotr) during
the course.
I would like to commence my studies (ale gdzie - bo tutaj nie jest jasno)in the year 2011/12.
I 'have' (niepotr) learned Spanish and Italian for a year. 'Therefore' (niepotr), Would it be ossible to continue learning any of those languages during 'the' MY studies?
osobny akapit.Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.
osobny akapit.I look forward to your reply.
'I am writing this letter in order to' (niepotr) Lepiej...I would like to request additional information regarding entry requirements and the application process for the (tutaj musisz napisac ktory BA?) 'Architecture'
programme at the University of 'the' (niepotr) West of England.
'Could you send me some further information' (niepotr) 'as' (niepotr)
I am interested in studying at UWE'?' (a dlaczego dales tutaj znak zapytania - nie rozumiem)
I 'do not hide that I' (niepotr) am 'not' interested in studying 'Architectural technology' (po co pisac TEGO co NIE chcesz studiowac), 'Architecture and Planning' or 'Architecture and Environmental Engineering'.

Which subjects would be pre-requisites for entry into UWE's 'Architecture' programme? I am going to sit 'for' (niepotr) mathematics, chemistry and English (advanced level) and Polish (basic level) at the Polish 'Matura' (ale kiedy - napisz).
...Is there a limited number of available vacancies for students in this area of study?....To niepotrzeba wiedziec, miejsca zawsze sa.
I 'heard' BELIEVE that there is an exam in technical drawing as one of THE entry
requirements.
I plan to enrol on a technical drawing course 'at definitely' (niepot) AT the best Polish technical academy - Wroclaw University of Technology. I will
get a special certificate which will confirm my skills 'proved' (niepotr) during
the course.
I would like to commence my studies (ale gdzie - bo tutaj nie jest jasno)in the year 2011/12.
I 'have' (niepotr) learned Spanish and Italian for a year. 'Therefore' (niepotr), Would it be ossible to continue learning any of those languages during 'the' MY studies?
osobny akapit.Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.
osobny akapit.I look forward to your reply.
Dzięki terri, myślisz, że to przejdzie? ;)
napisałem, czego nie chcę studiowac, bo znając życie właśnie w to będą chcieli mnie wkopać, a trochę na temat uprawnień niestety już się dowiedziałem...
>>>czego nie chcę studiowac, bo znając życie właśnie w to będą chcieli mnie wkopać... studia sa za drogie, zeby studiowac tego czego sie nie chce.
Nie, tak nie robia, to tak jakbys chcial studiowac ang. a ktos powiedzial no, ale tu mamy francuski to prawie jest to samo.
I would like to request additional information regarding entry requirements and the application process for the (tutaj musisz napisac ktory BA?) 'Architecture'
programme at the University of West of England.

"Mateusz: Nie dotarlo ci jeszcze ze muszisz wybrac sobie jakies BA (HON) w architecture? Nie mozesz przeciez isc na B. Arch do poki nie zdasz jakies "general studies w architecture". Masz do wybory tylko te trzy wstepne programy w UWE:
BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology and Design
BEng (Hons) Architecture and Environmental Engineering
BA (Hons) Architecture and Planning

Completion of the 3 year BA or BSc gives an exemption from Part I of the RIBA's examinations.

Completion of the 2 year B.Arch gives exemption from Part II. Chyba proste ze potrzebujesz skonczyc BA/BSc (Hon) zanim pojdziesz na B. Arch"

Which subjects would be pre-requisites for entry into UWE's 'Architecture' programme? I am going to sit mathematics, chemistry and English (advanced level) and Polish (basic level) at the Polish 'Matura' (ale kiedy - napisz).

I BELIEVE that there is an exam in technical drawing as one of THE entry
requirements. (Lepiej zapytaj czy jest taki exam...Is an exam in technical drawing one of the entry requirements?
I plan to enrol on a technical drawing course at the best Polish technical academy - Wroclaw University of Technology. I will
RECEIVE a special certificate confirmING my skills UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE COURSE.
I have STUDIED Spanish and Italian for a year. Would it be possible to continue STUDYING those languages during MY studies?

Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.
I look forward to your reply.
Poszło, jutro napiszę jeszcze odnośnie FORENSIC CHEMISTRY. :)
No ja długo nie musiałem czekać, bo tylko jeden dzień roboczy...

Dear Mateusz,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately the 'Architecture' course which you refer to is not a normal degree course. In order to apply for this course you will need to already hold a degree in an Architectural discipline and (if you are hoping to become an Architect in the UK) have passed the RIBA requirements for Part 1.

Therefore the only courses available to you at this stage would be Architectural Technology and Design, Architecture and Planning or Architecture and Environmental Engineering'. You could then take the Barch afterwards, having also completed a year in work.

Alternatively you could study for an Architecture degree in another institution.

Yours sincerely,

Emma

Emma Watkins
Marketing Administrator

School of the Built and Natural Environment, Faculty of Environment and Technology, University of the West of England

Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK

[tel](reception)
[tel](direct line)
[email]
www.uwe.ac.uk/bne

cholera jasna :/ :(

i co Wy na to?
Jak jestes pewny, ze chcesz studiowac sama Arch. to wg mnie szukaj gdzies indziej. Bo tylko to sie zostalo. Zobacz ile innych Unis ma to co chesz i wtedy dalej cos pomyslimy.
Albo idz na te ktore ona tutaj sugeruje.
Dziękuję WAM wszystkim (siuniab, terri, Przemo84) za pomoc. Trudno, West of England nie wypalił, niewykluczone, że zdecyduję się tam na inny kierunek. Choć i tak się nie poddam (bo to najważniejsze!) i porozmawiam ewentualnie jeszcze z kilkoma innymi uczelniami. Przywiązałem się do miasta, byłem raz na dłużej w Bristolu i spodobało mi się generalnie. Być może wybiorę tę 'Forensic chemistry', choć na bank zajrzę na inne oferty związane z architekturą.

Terri, jakie miasto mogłabyś polecić do studiowania? Londyn trochę za duży, no i najważniejsze, żeby dużo slamsów nie było, w sensie takich dzielnic, gdzie masowo mieszkają Pakistańczycy. Żeby w mieście były miejsca, gdzie możesz przejść bez obaw, że dostaniesz wpi***l z kija baseball'owego (e.g. mecz Manchester vs. Chelsea - porażka:)). Ewentualnie patrzyłem na Manchester, Liverpool. Southampton, a w Szkocji to już brr... zimno trochę. ;)
juz ci to przeciez pisalam (above):

"Mateusz: Nie dotarlo ci jeszcze ze muszisz wybrac sobie jakies BA (HON) w architecture? Nie mozesz przeciez isc na B. Arch do poki nie zdasz jakies "general studies w architecture". Masz do wybory tylko te trzy wstepne programy w UWE:
BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology and Design
BEng (Hons) Architecture and Environmental Engineering
BA (Hons) Architecture and Planning

Completion of the 3 year BA or BSc gives an exemption from Part I of the RIBA's examinations.

Completion of the 2 year B.Arch gives exemption from Part II. Chyba proste ze potrzebujesz skonczyc BA/BSc (Hon) zanim pojdziesz na B. Arch"

Nie muszisz koniecznie w UWE studiowac. Jak ci radzilam, ja bym szukala sobie jakies 3 year BA (Hon) w architecture studies na innym uni, i pozniej (po roku pracy) staralam sie dostac na B. Arch w UWE. Prosta sprawa.
Wiem siuniab, wiem, dzięki za wszystko. Architektura na UWE odpada. Jeśli zostaną na UWE to na innym kierunku, a jednak dalej architektura będzie ponad wszystko, pójdę na inni brytyjski uni.
jeśli zostanę*
BTW, where's the edit button? :/
albo może warto terri rozejrzeć się ewentualnie za czymś jeszcze w Sheffield, Cardiff, Nottingham?

powiedz coś subiektywnego ;)
znasz ten link?

http://www.archsoc.com/kcas/researchschool3.html

Chyba ci o wiele wiecej pomorze niz my.
Tak, znam, ale nie chodziło mi o ŻADEN ranking uczelni.
jak to terri kiedyś powiedziała: there's lies, damned lies and statistics, pamiętam ;)

Rankingi to mam w poważaniu, chodziło mi o subiektywne opinie odnośnie miast, bo na razie byłem w zaledwie kilku brytyjskich miastach, więc nie o to mi chodziło.

Uczelnię sam wybiorę, tylko o miasta, na które ewentualnie mógłbym spojrzeć. Szkocja mnie coś nie jara ;)
poza tym te rankingi są lekko mówiąc dziwne, ostatnio z Przemo przeglądaliśmy jakiś ranking i tam UWE było oceniona jako 4. uczelnia w GB pod względem architektury i wyprzedziła Oxford w rankingu, Cambridge już nie. Więc komu wierzyć? :)
Ten ranking mojemu bratu nie pomoŻe [pomaGać -> pomoŻe - G wymienia się na Ż] zbytnio w podjęciu decyzji.

Chcemy we 2 wyjechać do UK na studia. Brat [Australian] wie, że ja jestem w stanie się dla niego poświęcić i pojedziemy tam, by on zrobił BArch'a :)

Dlatego się on pyta terri odnośnie innych miast - nie chodzi o ranking uczelni, tylko np. o atmosferę panującą w mieście itp. :)
This is a great site, so much info all on one page.

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/D_5gNG5GqXr2yVrjbKJT8YAiRXdUu-V75P/HAHTpage/search.HsSearch.submitForm?txtSubject=architecture&cmbQual=&cmbAttend=&cmbInst=&button1.x=25&button1.y=7

I hope it copied over properly.
no np. żeby od kiboli Manchesteru nie oberwać :D :)
jak to by się niestety mojej kuzynce zdarzyło podczas kursów pod A-level :(
Dzieki za uwage. Nigdy nie wiem kiedy stawiac "z" czy "rz"

Funny story: Chcialam komus zyczenia skladac, cos tam mialo byc o uporzadkowania zycie. Ja probowalam wymenic "porzadac". Nie znalam tego slowa. Cholera, to byly smieszne zyczenia. :)
oczywiscie mialo byc "pozadac"
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-60 z 70

« 

Studia językowe

»

Nauka języka