Kilka kwestii

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1) Pierwsze dość standardowe, ale mimo to naprawdę nie wiem jak powinno się tłumaczyć: "people of colour". Pełne tego znaczenie, to ludzie innych kolorów skóry niż biały, ale jak tłumaczyć krócej i poprawnie: ludzie kolorowi głupio brzmi...

2) Słowa "long stretching prison"?

3) "If in the US, with Obama as president, if people come out of his term in office with this crisis affecting the US" Jeśli w USA, z Obamą jako prezydentem, ludzie ...?

4) I to zakręcone zdanie: "we want us just to be with you and not recognize that when we go back to our communities we are with our backs against the wall, but when we are with you things are pretty nice and you just want everything to always be pretty nice."
Z góry dzięki za wszelkie sugestie :)
2) Słowa "long stretching prison"?

long stretch in prison :)
1) A to przypadkiem nie jest eufemizm uzywany zamiast 'ciemnoskórzy'? Może więc Afro-Amerykanie? (nie znam kontekstu, wiec troche strzelam)
a jak bys okreslil pakistanczyka? tez przeciez "person of colour"

moze lepiej: "visible minority" - bardziej PC (politically correct)
>1) Pierwsze dość standardowe, ale mimo to naprawdę nie wiem jak
>powinno się tłumaczyć: "people of colour". Pełne tego znaczenie, to
>ludzie innych kolorów skóry niż biały, ale jak tłumaczyć krócej i
>poprawnie: ludzie kolorowi głupio brzmi...

Non-Caucasian.
Hi Janski:
You don't strike as someone who would be too forthcoming with personal info, so let's start with something easy.
What's your time zone?
Eastern? central? Mountain? or Pacific
>1) Pierwsze dość standardowe, ale mimo to naprawdę nie wiem jak
>powinno się tłumaczyć: "people of colour". Pełne tego znaczenie, to
>ludzie innych kolorów skóry niż biały, ale jak tłumaczyć krócej i
>poprawnie: ludzie kolorowi głupio brzmi...

Non-Caucasian.

>3) "If in the US, with Obama as president, if people come out of his
>term in office with this crisis affecting the US" Jeśli w USA, z Obamą
>jako prezydentem, ludzie ...?

If people in the US live through Obama's term in office that co-occurs with this crisis affecting the US...

>4) I to zakręcone zdanie: "we want us just to be with you and not
>recognize that when we go back to our communities we are with our
>backs against the wall, but when we are with you things are pretty
>nice and you just want everything to always be pretty nice."

We want to be with you and we don't want to recognize that when we go back to our communities we are with our backs against the wall. When we are with you, things are pretty nice; people as a rule just want everything always to be pretty nice.
dziękuję za pomoc! jeszcze nawiąże do pierwszej kwestii. Jak w większości przypadków, chodzi tu o ludzi innych kolorów skóry niż biały. Jest dużo takich grup, np. "American People of Colour", "Catholic People of Colour" itd... może tłumaczyć to jako ludzie różnych ras?
"Of Colour" implies "non-Caucasian" (non-white). "Non-whites" is an umbrella term covering all the races whose skin is not white.
You will have to find the right Polish words to get the meaning across.
All I want to do is slip in an English word hinting an alternative route.
jeszcze raz dziękuję za pomoc!
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia