o co w tym chodzi?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam,
jak powiedzieć po angielsku coś w stylu "jeśli kogoś lubisz będziesz dla niego miły", chodzi mi o to, czy tak jak u nas używa się męskiej formy? czyli, czy będzie 'f you like someone you are nice to him'?
Spotkałam się też parę razy z tym, że w angielskim używa się zwrotu 'one', np. 'one must always remember that...' i co przychodzi potem kiedy trzeba wstawić osobę? też męska forma, czy jakiś inny wyraz w stylu 'one'?
z góry dziękuje za pomoc i pozdrawiam ;)
zamiast 'him' daj 'them'
1. if you like somebody... (conversational, common in speech)
2. if one likes somebody (formal, rare in speech)

3. "Their" is also used when we do not know the sex of a person.

Somebody left their brolly in the office.

4. "He" - traditionally, English has used he/him/his when the sex of a person is not known. Now it is considered as sexism.

If a student is ill, he must send his medical certificate to the college office blah blah..

5. "He-or-she"

If a student is ill, he-or-she must send a medical certificate...

Hope it helps.

By the way, I would like to make a study of sexism in language sometime :).
What is more: Both sexism & 'Frenchism " of Eng may be quite interesting .
Cytat: grudziu
By the way, I would like to make a study of sexism in language sometime :).

p tym sa juz tony literatury - moze tez dolaczysz 'ageism'
terri-
For some time I have been writing an MA thesis (a Master's dissertation) on Wittgenstein's concept of 'language games' with regard to Polish media (mainly Television, the Press, the Internet). I will refer to philosophy of language, psychology of language, the ethics of language, the aesthetics of language and so on. Each kind of behaviour has its language equivalent. We know that language has always gone hand in hand with behaviour. The latter was the one that communication started with.

Getting back to my diploma project, I am going to present the whole process of influencing the media language on recipients - how the media exerts its authority to make them 'swallow' the whole 'food' given to them. How is it possible to recognize who is brainwhashed and why? It is said that every person has their own truth, which I disagree.

British Broadcasting Corporation both reports and analyze overseas events. In Poland we have got ten or even more descriptions of one and the same event (I am not talking about Smolensk), every of which differs considerably. That is why, I do not watch TV :).

p.s. Sorry I am so talkative. I am not a taciturn type :P. Some people can look at me as if I were abnormal haha. Many a Pole is too solemn a man I think.
edytowany przez grudziu: 19 kwi 2013
analyzes
Dziękuję za pomoc, a jak używam tego 'one' i potem muszę wstawić gdzieś osobę, to 'he', czy 'they'?
moze byc he albo they
ale rada jest taka - zastosuj forme, ktora podal sav w poscie #2, a oszczedzisz sobie problemu
dzięki :)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa