Stosowanie "the" w pisowni nazwy.

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Dlaczego w przypadku tej organizacji (www.unityphx.org) i tym podobnych nie stosuje się "the" przed nazwą? The Unity of... Welcome to the Unity of...
Unity is a proper name here, just like Richard Hunter or Canada
Richard Hunter of Phoenix, Arizona won the 100mm fly at the Beijing Olympics.
The (U)unity of Anyplace would sound as if unity were a common noun.
Glad you're back, 335, now I can have someone to laugh at
Cytat: zielonosiwy
Glad you're back, 335, now I can have someone to laugh at

That will get your hinder royally kicked.
You'd better look up laugh at someone
Mam podobne pytanie czy w sloganie "home of beauty" powinien być przedimek The: "The home of beauty", slogan występuje zaraz pod nazwą firmy (podpis pod logotypem). Bardzo prosiłbym o wyjaśnienie, która z wersji jest poprawna.
w sloganie trzeba uzyc the
The home of beauty if beauty resides there.
The home/a home/ home to beauty if beauty makes its home there and feels there at home.
A home or the home or home of beauty if it is a beautiful home.
Cytat: 335
The home/a home/ home to beauty if beauty makes its home there

Ehm, you just wrote the same thing using different words. Blaga
Cytat: zielonosiwy
Cytat: 335
The home/a home/ home to beauty if beauty makes its home there

Ehm, you just wrote the same thing using different words. Blaga

No. Home to can mean headquarters or natural habitat. It does not imply any possessor-possessee relation. The home of does, either real ownership or pargmatic through the functionality of home.
Pozostając w temacie "the". Dlaczego w pisowni nazw amerykańskich gazet spotykamy tytuły z "the" i bez. Na przykład "Los Angeles Times" i "The New York Times"? Skąd ta różnica?
Trudno powiedzieć dlaczego ktoś zadecydował na taką nazwę.
Inny przykład: Winnipeg Free Press i The London Free Press.
Na pewno wiele innych.
Articles to subtelne zagadnienie. Warto wiedzieć, że nie zawsze zastosowanie article jest jednoznacznie determinowane przez zasady gramatyki. Czasami jest to kwestia stylu lub odcienia znaczeniowego. Ja czasami mam problem z zero article bo nie jestem pewny czy mówię ogólnie czy o czymś konkretnym.

Jeśli chodzi o "Los Angeles Times" i "The New York Times": w przypadku New York może mieć znaczenie, że jest też stary York w UK.
edytowany przez Galard: 22 mar 2016
Cytat: tomek_kret
Pozostając w temacie "the". Dlaczego w pisowni nazw amerykańskich gazet spotykamy tytuły z "the" i bez. Na przykład "Los Angeles Times" i "The New York Times"? Skąd ta różnica?

Those names typically have a common noun ( times, globe, ledger, sentinel, tribune, star, advertiser, news…) modified by a place name, e.g. The Piddling Enquirer. That's because the names are meant to sound local and folksy and give the impression of being committed to serving their local communities.
The gives those names some prominence.

Even if the nameplate does not display The before the name, the is there. For example, Los Angeles Times is nominally bare, but when spoken about, the is added: I read about it in the LA Times (in the Los Angeles Times).
I know of one that is different: USA Today. It never gets the:
I read about it in the USA Today.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Nauka języka