until.....

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam!
Czy moze mi ktos wytlumaczyc pewną zawilość;) otóż mam problem z interpretacja nastepujacych zdan:

1We keep the piece of paper UNTIL THEY HAVE PAID US.
2How long does it take to boil potatoes UNTIL THEY ARE COOKED

Chodzi mi mianowicie o ta czesc zdania z wielkich liter. Nie rozumiem czemu nie mozna powiedziec po prostu:

1...until they will pay us
2...until they will be cooced

Z gory dziekuje!
Po until/till używa się czasu teraźniejszego do wyrażenia przyszlości. Podobnie po when, after, before, as soon as, whether i paru innych.
Dlaczego? Bo tak.
O ile się nie myle,to po "until" i innych time linkings words (spójnikach czasu np. before, as soon itd.) NIE MOŻNA UŻYĆ form FUTURE! musi być PRSENT

pzdr
dzieki:) czyli po tych prepositions uzywamy czasu w tym przyp. przeszlego to w zd 1 mogloby rowniez byc ..until they have cooked??:-)
No, you can't say 'UNTIL they have cooked' in that sentence, which would mean something like:
'aż się (same, czyli ziemniaki) ugotują' tzn. wejdą do gara i ugotują się. ;-)

Just keep to: '...until they are coooked'.
engee, a kiedy moża użyć form "perfect" tj. jak w zdaniu 2 i kiedy have cooked?
sorry w zdaniu 1: until they have paid us
a ziemniaków to sie czasem nie BOIL zamiast COOK? nie pamiętam, ale coś tak jakby je sie jednak BOIL :>
Well, in general, it is possible to use the present simple and the present perfect simple interchangeably after the conjunctions 'when', 'as soon as', 'until', etc., e.g.
We'll come as soon as we finish.
We'll come as soon as we have finished.

However, you DON'T USE the present perfect if two things happen together. Cf.
When I phone Mary, I'll ask her about the price.
Kiedy będę dzwonił do Marysi, zapytam się jej o cenę.
NOT
When I've phoned Mary, I'll ask her about the price.
Kiedy (już) zadzwonię do Mary, zapytam się jej o cenę.

Remember: if you use the present perfect, one thing MUST be complete BEFORE the other (so the two things DO NOT HAPPEN together). Cf.
When I've phoned Mary, we can have lunch. (= First I'll phone Mary and after that we can have lunch, not at the same time!)

Hope that you got it a bit.
true. btw what does 'cf' stand for ?
cf. = compare (Latin 'confer', OR British cp) [;-T]
thx, my first guess was " c further" = see further ;-) but I'm not sure about "further" here :)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa