lone, alone, solitary, lonesome

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 36
poprzednia |
Witam,
którego z przymiotników wymienionych w temacie użylibyście Państwo dla opisania samotnego białego żagla na bezkresnym oceanie?
zalezy w jakim kontekście, ale solitary od razu bym wykreślił :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22805329@N02/3416228175/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lagodigarda/3[tel]/

czytałeś no kiedyś moby dicka?

na stronach ang 98 wyników dla "solitary" i 3360 dla "lonely", nie jest to super wynik, ale lonely jest zacniejsze i bardziej literackie, zresztą ładniej kolokuje się z "lonely"

couldn't help it :)
Zgadzam się z Tobą merix ;)
synonimy nie :~

ja za solitary
ty za lonely

zobaczmy, jak inni to widza
synonimy, ale i wyczucie :)
Toteż ja do wyczucia Państwa przede wszystkim się zwracam ;-)
A kontekst taki: (napiszę po polsku, bom jeszcze nie przetłumaczył - zaznaczam, że chodzi mi tylko o "samotny"):

"eksponowana na pierwszym planie jednego z kadrów porzucona na brzegu dnem do góry łódź rybacka jest tam równie samotna jak biały żagiel zagubiony na pustym ocenie"
>synonimy, ale i wyczucie :)

no tak, ale ja nie wiem, czy wyczucie ma tutaj jakies znaczenie - kwestia preferencji raczej
A sail shows white at sea alone
In bright-blue brilliance of sea haze, -
What does it look for far from home?
lonesome
teraz mamy i kontekst, hurra, tylko czemu tak późno? :)

i jak? dalej obstawiasz solitary"?
>i jak? dalej obstawiasz solitary"?

jasne - nie mnie jest dane zmieniac zdanie jak ubranie ha :)
Na angielskiej Wikipedii, w haśle Valentin Kataev (młodszym przypominam, że chodzi o Walentina Katajewa, pisarza radzieckiego, autora lektury obowiązkowej z lat ubiegłych pt. "Samotny biały żagiel). Tytuł jego najbardziej znanej Polakom mojego pokolenia (thirty something) książki został oddany jako "Lonely White Sail". Nie wiem jednak, czy to "kanoniczne" tłumaczenie.
solitary
lonely wg mnie, moze tylko sie odnosic do zyjacych postaci osob, zwierzat itp., bo to jest uczucie ktore sie czuje. A przedmioty, wg mnie nie moga narazie ukazac, ze czuja sie 'lonely'.
Zarowno Ecyclopedia Britannica jak angielskie przeklady maja Lonely...jesli chodzi o tytul ksiazki Katajewa

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/347183/Lonely-White-Sail

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL6383275M/Lonely-white-sail
tak, ja to tez wiem, zle tu chodzi o to, czy slowo 'lonely' jest odpowiednie.
Sadzisz wiec, ze Encyklopedia sie myli ;-)

Jest mase obrazow z samotnym statkiem, zaglowka i wszystkie jakos dziwnie sa zatytulowane "Lonely sail" np:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/littlestaruk/art/914221-2-lonely-sail
artur,
sorry to say, but a typical bloody reaction. Instead of debating whether a particular expression 'lonely' is correct or not, you automatically take a pop at my intelligence.
Next you're going to tell me that everything written in 'google' is also absolutely correct.
Terri, first of all I didn't say or even suggest anything about your intelligence. As a matter of fact I think you are very intelligent young woman - no, I exaggerated, middle-aged woman ;-)

As for Google I don't hold it to be an oracle but Encyclopedia Britannica is not just a search engin, isn't it?
Sorry, I mistyped "is it?" you might take it as another attack...
>>>artur,
As a matter of fact I think you are very intelligent young woman (artur, you should have finished the sentence here!) - no, I exaggerated, middle-aged woman ;-) (except in my eyes, middle-age starts when a person is 60-70) (and as for suggesting that I am in that age bracket is somewhat not what I expect from a 'gentleman'.)

My original point was that it depends who translated the original (not only of this, but of any other titles be it books, films, plays) as this is where the semantics of the language come in. Just note that 'Some like it hot' got translated into 'Pol zartem pol serio'.
and "Dirty Dancing" into "Wirujący Seks" :))

but very often it's not the translator who did it to blame for, it's the distributors who want, at all costs, to put they oar in and by changing the title into a catchy one earn a bit more than planned :)
Would you hit me on Skype, Terri? :)
merix,
yes, but later on in the afternoon or in the evening.
now preferably? :)
Terri, that's not the point. I know that translated titles might be miles away from original meaning and as merix said it's often not translator who should be blamed, but there is nothing wrong in the title "pol zartem pol serio" or "wirujacy sex" itself. They are grammatically perfectly right. You in turn say that "lonely white sail" is grammatically, or to say correctly, in terms of lexical cohesion incorrect, which is not. Do you get my point?....
I get your point artur. No there is nothing wrong per se with the sentences, but do they signify the same culturally ideological ideas, I don't think so. And this is where we differ. 'Pol zartem pol serio' is ok, but does it signify the same meaning as 'Some like it hot' - I don't think so.
I agree with that. But you said that "lonely white sail" is wrong per se, that 'lonely' cannot be used in this way, which I cannot agree with...
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 36
poprzednia |