pytanie co to mi spokoju nie daje

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Jak powiedzieć po angielsku "studiowałem angielski"?

kontekst:
dialog
A: O! Mówisz po angielsku.
B: Studiowałem angielski. (Potrafię ponieważ studiowałem.)

Bez informowania kiedy, jak długo ani dodawania niczego poza "studiowałem angielski".
B studiował kilka lat temu przez jakiś czas i nie skończył studiów, ale to, że studiował, jest powodem tego, że teraz potrafi mówić po angielsku.

Będę wdzięczny za odpowiedź z uzasadnieniem.
Pozdrawiam.
I have studied English.
dziękuję za odpowiedź

W związku z opcją present perfect zastanawiało mnie jeszcze stąd: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=930731
a szczególnie: ' I have studied / I studied / I have been studying ?
If you've finished, you can use either "I have studied" or "I studied", but not "I have been studying", as the last one implies that you are still studying right now.'
Jeśliby to "finished" tutaj oznaczało tutaj "ukończenie" studiów (tj. dyplom itp.) - a w kontekście tamtego posta nie jest to jednoznaczne - to użycie present perfect w mojej kwestii sugerowałoby, że B ukończył studia, a tak nie jest.
Chyba, że nie znaczy albo tamten SleepingLeopard Senior Member się myli.

Więc mam pytanie uzupełniające:
Czy "I have studied English." sugeruje, że ukończyłem studia?
>Więc mam pytanie uzupełniające:
>Czy "I have studied English." sugeruje, że ukończyłem studia?

No, of course not. That merely implies that you were at university studying English some time in the past.
If you wanted to emphasise the completion of your English studies, then you could say 'I graduated in English at Oxford University', for instance.
Why not just Simple Past ? ..just "studied” ( say “and dropped out after a year”).Mind you ,it was in the past and the completion of "this" action is obvious to both the speakers no matter what the result is ? What's your take on that, gang? Put me right if I'm not pls.
And I guess ”graduated in ..FROM Oxford” is better, Engee ?
I think both are acceptable.
I would be more inclined to say "I studied English".

I studied at Oxford University.
I graduated from Oxford University with a degree (or insert impresive collection of letters here) in English, engineering, actuarial science blah blah)
Thank you all.

I needed to reach beyond the thicket of handbook usage examples I'd came across searching for the answer, like:

- "for an action which started in the past continues up to the present" (present perfect)
- "for an action which happened in the past and cannot be repeated" (past simple)

and many more, which made me to reject all the possible tenses, or e.g. once tempted me to chose present perfect continuous, with:

- "for an action which started in the past and lasted for some time. The action may have finished or may still be going on. The result of the action is visible in the present".

I still don't think I get it well and will probably need to get myself a native to pelt one with questions. I want to know which tense and why not any other to be able to use it in other sentences.
For now thanks for making it a bit clearer.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie