widzieć w kimś potencjał

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
jak przetłumaczyć "widzieć w kimś potancjał"? z góry dziękuję za wpisy.
to z angielskiego!
see potential in sbd
tak też napisałam, ale pani profesor się nie podobało i kazała poprawić....:/ powiedziała, że to jest "unclear"://
Może p. profesor nie rozumie co to znaczy? :)
Albo całość była unclear? Może to wyrażenie po prostu Ci nie pasowało do reszty?
bo to jest takie gadanie marketingowe. Wyjasnij, co to znaczy, ze widzisz w kims potencjal.
If he is TDH, he definitely has potential :)
TDH: one track mind obviously

mg: why the marketing spin?

From a very young age, teachers could see that the boy had the potential to ...(achieve great things, become a fine musician/mathematician, land in jail itd)
Maybe the asker did not explain that in her writing?
>mg: why the marketing spin?

See below

>From a very young age, teachers could see that the boy had the potential to ...(achieve great things,

That makes all the difference: if you state what kind of potential they could see, then your sentence has concrete meaning. If you only say "I see potential in him", the meaning is merely "he may go on to achieve something in some area" unless the context specifies the 'some' (eg "He can hardly tell the stick from the puck now, but I see potential...") [note that it is not a soccer themed example]
Oh, and the 'marketing' thing - it's like promoting a product using words that mean little.
Are you using a hockey example with me mg???
Naughty man.

Junior World Hockey championship game is only 5 hours away!!! Canada (who else?) versus the U.S. in the booming metropolis of Regina (brrrr)
Mam tak:
The heroine does not pay attention to the doubtful origins of her friend. She sees a potential in the girl, and, therefore, takes Harriet under her care.

p.s. przecinki wstawiłam tak jak ona mi je poprawiła, chociaż nie jestem pewna czy aby na pewno są dobrze.
Mam tak:
The heroine does not pay attention to the doubtful origins of her friend. She sees a potential in the girl, and, therefore, takes Harriet under her care.

p.s. przecinki wstawiłam tak jak ona mi je poprawiła, chociaż nie jestem pewna czy aby na pewno są dobrze.
P. profesor ma trochę racji. Dobrze napisany tekst powinien być klarowny i wszystko powinno być wyjaśnione. Co za potencjał w niej widzi?

Przecinek przed "and" niepotrzebny.
A co to jest, zdanie do przetłumaczenia czy piszesz jakieś streszczenie? Może jej chodziło nie o angielski tylko o sens tego co piszesz w odniesieniu do jakiejś innej treści.
Jak się wpisze to wyrażenie w googlach to znajduje takie zdania więc wydaje się poprawne.
Tu nie chodzi o gramatyczną poprawność tylko o to, że to jest takie lanie wody i czytelnik musi się domyślać co autor miał na myśli.
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=61909&dict=CALD
http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/potential_2
She has the potential to become a champion.
Może użyj She sees that the girl has a potential to do sth, for sth
To jest streszczenie. Heh, niby gramatycznie poprawne, a jednak.... no cóż, tak to jest z językiem. Nie wiem jeszcze jak to poprawię, może coś wymyślę. Dziękuję za wszystkie wskazówki!
Napisz wyraźnie, że chodzi o potencjał znalezienia męża z odpowiedniej sfery :)
Wymyśliłam coś takiego:

The heroine does not pay attention to the doubtful origins of her friend. She thinks that Harriet has a potential to become a lady and, therefore, the main character takes the girl under her care.

Czy teraz zdanie jest w miarę jasne?
Jeśli ta heroine to ta sama postać co the main character to chyba nie ma sensu tego pisać, bo to stylistycznie obok siebie nie wygląda najciekawiej.
The heroine does not pay attention to the doubtful origins of her friend. She thinks that Harriet has a potential to become a lady and, therefore, takes the girl under her care.
tak, teraz to wygląda lepiej - jest tam więcej treści, no i usunięcie 'main character' też było wskazane.
Harriet has THE potential to .....

nie znajac kontekst, sugeruje

-rise above her current station in life
-overcome her (humble) origins
Thank you so much for your work!
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Szkoły językowe

»

Inne strony do nauki języków