struggled, rise to meet

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
The Russians struggled their way up the Pamir in Czarist times

co to jeste struggled their way up the jak to rozumiec wlasciwie
wywalczyli przejscie dojscie czy jak??

czy rise to meet- znaczy ze punkt gdzie dochodzi do spotkanie lub gdzie zbiegaja jak bedzie wlasciwie
the point where Central Asia and Afghanistan rise to meet China and Pakistan among a mass of peaks and glaciers

dzieki
the point ... rises to meet ... - na gorzystym pograniczu Azji Srodkowej, Afganistanu i Chin

the russians... - (it depends, what does the word 'struggle' mean here - fighting in a war? exploring a teritory?)
the point ... rises to meet ... - na gorzystym pograniczu Azji Srodkowej, Afganistanu i Chin

the russians... - (it depends, what does the word 'struggle' mean here - fighting in a war? exploring a teritory?)
The Pamir is one of the highest mountain ranges on earth -- the point where Central Asia and Afghanistan rise to meet China and Pakistan among a mass of peaks and glaciers. The Russians struggled their way up the Pamir in Czarist times, needing a watchtower above Asia, and have been there ever since. Now, the first officers have stepped down at the Tajik-Afghan border post of Ishkashim, by agreement with both governments. It's part of a staged withdrawal of all Russian border forces from Tajikistan due to be complete next year.

i jak?
>the russians... - (it depends, what does the word 'struggle' mean here
>- fighting in a war? exploring a teritory?)

They made their way up with effort
'rosja podbila pamir w czasach caratu i od tego czasu byl on strategiczna baza dla jej wojsk'
czyli to sie odnosi do sposobu- uzyli sily tak mam to rozumiec??
z trudem zdobyli
i believe the russians explored pamir.in which case the word 'struggle' does not imply the use of force. 'zdobyli' is better.
The Pamir plateau is at an elevation of around 4 000m - so they had to climb
up to it. It's a difficult route, so they had to struggle to get there -
expecially when opposed

to o to chodzi?
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.