Time

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hi, today my English teacher asked our group a question about the time. What the time is and what is the meaning of it. How is it perceived in different coutries and culture. I'd like to know what is your opinion about it.
I think that it is hard to definite the time. For different people it can have a different meaning. For example people that suffer from cancer, really appreciate the time that is given to them because they know that they don't have much of it. On the other hand young people very often waste their time on stupid things such as drugs and so on. So, is it possible to give one definition of the time? Does the passage of time is important to you and why?
I'm waiting for your posts.
:)
The time is perceived diffrently in each social group and each country and culture. For us - people who are always in hurry and who keep glancing at the watch- time and the sense of time is very important. Often the most important information about some meeting is - at what time it will start. It's quite normal when we have every activity and every our habit at the same hour all week long. But in other cultures it seems to be not similiar. For example in Africa they don't have such idea of time like we have. I read somewhere that there isn;t such things like time-tables for buses ( I mean these regions which are not civilized). The bus leaves when there is an appropriate amount of people. And it's no use in asking when it happen. Nobody is in hurry - because they don'y have stiff hour for meeting ect. And they all sit near a bus and wait for hours on end. They go to bed when sun has set and get up when the sun is already in the sky. They don't know what really the time is.

And we do..? Time is the only thing that we have on this planet. Some have more time - some have less. And what we are going to do with this given time - it's up to us. Some smart man said that Everyone searchs a way of killing time but nobody knows how to bring him back. So I think that we should to make sure that we are not wasting our time doing nothing - before it will be to late. Time - whatever it is- is too important to be wasted.
It seems that nobody is interested in this topic... Nobody has an opinion?
I think, in these answers was be said everything about time.
What bothers me from time to time:) is that people, including myself, tend to do things in order to achieve sth in the future, as if present time didn't exist. You know, we learn because of the exams awaiting us, we study in order to get a good job in the future, we do other people favours because we might need their help in the future, we diet because we want to be slim and get a nice boyfriend/girlfriend and so on. What about here and now? How often do u do things only in order to do them, not thinking of the future consequences?
very rarely, I think. and, I must confess, I didn't really realise that it happens that way.. I think I' m going to write your words down and from now on I'll live here and now.
:)
Yes, I know exactly what you mean and you are completely right! Our living we could call as: ,,race against time''. Sometimes I ask myself: ,,what's the purpose?, what's the purpose of my life?!'' We think only about our future. We do only those things which can make our future better. We live in haste and we don't remember about our hobbies, interests, pleasure. These things are less important than our job, money, appearance, friends (only who could help us in the future), education etc. Our living is boring and tiring. Our lives look like swimming under the water - we need oxygen, we need breathe, but we can't! Why? Because we've got to swim and win the race! I think that most of us would like to wake up like Neo in the Matrix.
Time is relative and is strictly connected with space.
Hi :)
I think that in some way you are right. We should live here and now. Nonetheless I think it's impossible. We cannot live and be not aware of our future. Such behaviour can have dramatic results.
Sometimes it's good to forget about everything. But forget about everything that is now, not that will happen in the future.
We should always be aware of our future. It's impossible not to be. Don't you think?
What the time is??I think it's a some kind of matter wich surround us.We can't stop it, but we wonder how to do it. I think we won't really know what the time is.
I greet.
TIME DOES NOT EXIST!!
there's no such a thing as "TIME"
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Praca za granicą