Proszęo sprawdzenie króciutkiego listu.

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
TEKST 1

Dear Mrs Smith,

I’ve just received a phone from my parents. They told me that they’re visiting me this weekend. According to that I would like to ask if you could recommend me some nearby accommodation for them? They’re going to stay here for no more than 3 or 4 days, so it shouldn’t be too much expensive. It would be nice if you could do that for me. Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

XYZ

TEKST 2

Dear Sophie,

I hope you and your family are doing fine.

I’m writing to you to tell you that I can’t go skiing with you next weekend. I know that you’ve been waiting for this for so long but I have really important exam in my school. I have plenty of material to revise and so little time. Maybe we could go skiing next week just before the Christmas? I think this would be the best time for a short skiing holiday.
If it comes to reservation in hostel we made last week, I’ll phone there and change it for another term or my friend Joanna will take someone else on my place. I’m waiting for a fast reply from you and your opinion about that. Keep warm and have a nice weekend .

All the best,

XYZ
co do I listu,
'phone CALL'
'to ask you if you...'
'no more' oznacza nigdy wiecej,pomysl nad tym zdaniem
'too expensive' bez much
aha i nie wiem jakie relacje cie wiaza z adresatem,ale 'nice' moglbys zastapic innym wyrazem
ostatnie zdanie po prostu 'thank you in advance'
Ja bym nie uzyl "according" w trzecim zdaniu.
edytowany przez fui_eu: 29 gru 2011
w sumie mozna 'therefore',chyba,ze masz inna propozycje
lub "because"
tylko wtedy by musial 'to' zamienic na 'of'
przecinek po weekend i połączyć oba zdania używając so.
Wyrzucić according to that.
edytowany przez eva74: 29 gru 2011
troche dlugie zdanie wtedy wyjdzie,ale eva podsunela najpristsze rozwiazanie...tylko nie wiadomo o jakich relacjach mowimy,jesli to sa relacje w miare luzne,to jak najbardziej powinien uzyc 'so'
A co mają relacje do użycia so? Big fat nothing.
można napisać ....weekend and I was wondering if you could recommend... będzie bardziej formalnie.

Ps. Język angielski jest o wiele mniej formalny niż język polski. Tak samo relacje między ludźmi.
edytowany przez fui_eu: 29 gru 2011
... plenty of material to revise ...
Cytat: fui_eu
... plenty of material to revise ...

A co jest źle w słowie 'revise'? Przecież znaczy ono powtarzać materiałdo sprawdzianu itp.?
Jest ok.

Zapomnialem ze revise BrE = review AmE. Przepraszam.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa