Proszę o sprawdzenie - zdania z lukami - PREPOSITIONS

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1. The goods do not have to be paid cash in advance but on delivery.
2. I prefer to pay by cheque rather than in cash.
3. There was no compulsion. I did it of my own free will.
4. Summer heat is not conductive to hard mental work.
5. Munich lies 530 meters above sea level.
6. There is a bridge on the river.
7. The car won’t be ready by Friday (don’t use ON).
8. I paid the fees at the end of the course.
9. I’ll love you till the end of time.
10. They get killed at the end of the film.
11. We were exhausted in the end of the journey.
12. My house is at the end of the street.
13. There’s an eraser on the end of my pencil.
14. We waited for nearly an hour and in the end we left without him.
15. I saw Bill this morning he was on a bus which passed me.
16. Linda is a student in Cambridge University.
17. After some years he arrived back in Scotland.
18. The train arrives at platform 3.
19. The easiest way to go around is by Underground.
20. Turn left at the traffic lights.
21. I saw Ken at Dave’s wedding.
22. I like walking around the town in the night.
23. Anna works hard during the week, so she likes to relax at weekends.
24. I’ve been invited to the weeding on 14 February.
25. Tom and Betty always go out to dinner on their wedding anniversary.
26. The car skidded off the road and flipped over.
27. I didn’t feel sorry about George, but I was sorry about the situation.
28. It’s quicker on foot or by bike. It will take you ages to get there if you go in your car.
29. I find it difficult to get out of bed, but always exercise for half an hour before breakfast, have fruit juice and muesli for breakfast and then walk to work.
30. The inhabitants of a small community are more likely to take pride in its appearance than those who live in a large city.
31. He lied to the police when he was arrested for drunken driving.
32. In the floods there were ten thousand square kilometers under water.

Z góry dziękuję!
edytowany przez Monqp: 25 mar 2012
2. (moze tez byc...by cash)
11. jest zle
16 jest zle
22 jest zle
który preposition jest źle w zdaniu 22. ?
edytowany przez Monqp: 25 mar 2012
in
jest to amerykańska wersja w momencie kiedy jest the przed night musi być wtedy preposition in a więc jest in the night
wiem, poza tym in the night używa się wtedy, gdy czynność trwa długo, więc błędu nie ma
#27.
Re. #32. Czy w BrE sie mowi IN the flood?
Cytat: Monqp
jest to amerykańska wersja w momencie kiedy jest the przed night musi być wtedy preposition in a więc jest in the night

So Americans wouldn't say “at night I usually have my nostrils wide open” and nor would beefeaters say “I woke several times in the night to drain the main vein”?

'in' covers a period of the night
'At night' is during the night
Cytat: fui_eu

bridge on the river jest przecież ok
'across' albo 'over', chociaz 'on' tez wydaje sie byc do zaakceptowania ( jak by sie sprawdzało na mapie gdzies )
Cytat: savagerhino
'across' albo 'over', chociaz 'on' tez wydaje sie byc do zaakceptowania ( jak by sie sprawdzało na mapie gdzies )

over i across przychodzi na myśl jako pierwsze, ale nie mozna chyba odrzucić on. no i jst 'the bridge on the river kwai' ;)
Wanna i gonna rowniez sa uzywane i nawet te wyrazenia sa w slownikach a jednak tutaj sa potepiane. Ja nie widze w slownikach "on the river" wciaz nie zaprzecze ze jest bledem. Jezeli mowimy o moscie nad droga to czy napiszemy "bridge on the road"?
>>>>>Wanna i gonna rowniez sa uzywane i nawet te wyrazenia sa w slownikach a jednak tutaj sa potepiane.
...dlatego, ze uczacy musi najpierw znac formalne slowa, bo taki jezyk jest wlasnie potrzebny do pracy, na spotkania. W domu mozesz uzywac jaki jezyk tylko chcesz, ale pozniej jest trudno sie przemienic i uzywac poprawnie. Juz nawet nie napisze o tym, ze jak cie slysza to tak cie pisza.

>>>a nie widze w slownikach "on the river" wciaz nie zaprzecze ze jest bledem. Jezeli mowimy o moscie nad droga to czy napiszemy "bridge on the road" -
,,,nie, to bedzie 'bridge over the road', ale trudno mi myslec, ze 'Bridge On the River Kwai' nie jest poprawnie.
Ale ha ha - jest' Bridge over troubled water'
no i co teraz?.
Cytat: fui_eu
Wanna i gonna rowniez sa uzywane i nawet te wyrazenia sa w slownikach a jednak tutaj sa potepiane. Ja nie widze w slownikach "on the river" wciaz nie zaprzecze ze jest bledem. Jezeli mowimy o moscie nad droga to czy napiszemy "bridge on the road"?

a czy masz w słownku 'ON the end' ? ja w kolokacjach nie. A jednak wersja z ołówkiem jest poprawna
Right, but ‘The Bridge On the River Kwai’ shouldn’t count , you know. It was in the gook’s territory. :) Not that I have the same slant as ‘they do. Only when having a bottleache in the morning after the night before.
Cytat: savagerhino
Right, but ‘The Bridge On the River Kwai’ shouldn’t count , you know.

why not :)
I've just found yet another translation of that French novel - The bridge over the river ...' ;)

Cytat:
Not that I have the same slant as ‘they do. Only when having a bottleache in the morning after the night before.
Do you? Really. Wish I could see you ;) :)
Nah, you don’t want to see a mug that only a mother could love.:)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Brak wkładu własnego

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie