parafraza

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 38
poprzednia |
proszę bardzo o sprawdzenie tych 3 zdań:

Complete the sentences using the words in bold. Use two to five words:

1. "Why don't we go to the zoo? said Billy.
GOING Billy said how about going to the zoo.

2. They managed to find someone to replace John.
IN They managed to find someone in palce of John.

3. She didn't want to be identified so she used a pen name.
BEING She used a pen name in case of being identified.

czy w ostatnim mogłoby być lest being ?
z góry dziękuję za pomoc :)
You've done very well
I would only add different ending to the second sentence.
They managed to find someone else instead of John.

'how about..' to nadal cytat, a nie mowa zalezna
musisz uzyc czasownika, ktory znaczy 'proponowac' i wymaga formy z -ing
2 ok, popraw literowke
3 for fear of
Cytat: mkewako
You've done very well
I would only add different ending to the second sentence.
They managed to find someone else instead of John.

thanks :) my first thought was "instead of" but I can use only "in" as a separate word
Cytat: mg
'how about..' to nadal cytat, a nie mowa zalezna
musisz uzyc czasownika, ktory znaczy 'proponowac' i wymaga formy z -ing

tak mi się właśnie wydawało, że "how about" to będzie błędne rozwiązanie.

Billy suggested (to us) going to the zoo.
czasownik ok, ale bez 'to us'.
'to us' mozna ewentualnie dac na koniec zdania, ale najczesciej stosuje sie to wtedy, gdy po tym nastepuje 'that-clause', a nie gerund.
poza tym 'to us' oznacza, że Billy nie wybieral sie do zoo, a ze zdania oryginalnego wynika cos przeciwnego.
Can't put my finger on it but isn't there something wrong with #3 sentence?
Cytat: fui_eu
Can't put my finger on it but isn't there something wrong with #3 sentence?

she didn't want to.. = for fear of ...
she dind' t want to..≠ in case of ..
Yeah, ale polecenie mowi IN, wiec chyba "IN fear of" /?/
edytowany przez fui_eu: 03 kwi 2012
gdzie 'brzmi' polecenie ?
Ok. My screw-up.
Not to worry. You're still normal. Our Mandarin operator would flip out right away :)
w 3 zdaniu miało pojawić się słówko "being" i już poprawione mam i dziękuję wam bardzo za pomoc :)
Cytat: savagerhino
Not to worry. You're still normal. Our Mandarin operator would flip out right away :)

You're wrong, because I wouldn't. I am even-tempered and good emotionally balanced. Having a word with you was a mistake, I am difficult provoked though.

>>You're still normal. Fui, now you can feel at ease, because Savagerinho said you were normal. That's insiduous.

insidious*
Gee, I still can't get used to your scribbling someway.

>Having a word with you was a mistake
And you want me to cry over this now, huh?

You thought what ? That I would be your sidekick schmoozer putting up some schmaltzy deadwood under your every posting ? No.
When I see a second-rater posing as an egg-headed big man on campus, I become a mean machine, like almost everyone else here, I guess. It's as simple as that. Nothing personal. I'm sorry if this is a downer for you.
Too bad you didn't pick it up.
Nothing a sort of, rather you than me. You didn't get the hold of it. You probably take me for a oversensitive person as it comes. Under no circumstances am I looking for a person that I could get on like a house on fire with. Absolutely not. What galls me is that you don't keep a civil tongue in your head along with admixture of pomposity while commenting my posts. So who is looking for a spat then? Watch your tongue. I am not touchy person. I just don't let you talk to me as I were a rag. If you're adult, you should keep the line your age, whatever age you turned. I'm not on a downer. I just regret allowing some people to have provoked me. I am not treating this forum as a pick-me-up. How long have you been learning English? I had a glimpse at your posts from the preceding years. Wouldn't it to be annoying to you if somebody were joshing you time and time again for making small mistakes, after all? I appreciate your correcting, but the way you do that lacks respect, so to speak, therefore I am angry a bit. I am smiling my head off writing this post. luzik:). don't play silly buggers.
and I got the picture from what you wrote.
>Watch your tongue
Or you're going to do what ? Sue me ?

>I had a glimpse at your posts from the preceding years.
What are you ? Some kind of lurking 'breather' ? I didn't know I had fans. There were some out there though, like that sickfu*k checkers or something. Are you the one of them ?

>Wouldn't it to be annoying to you if somebody were joshing you time and time again for making small mistakes, after all?
Go ahead. Why don't you try? I'd gladly listen to what you or others can come up with. I'm always open to 'criticism'.:)

How long have you been learning English?
I've never been a grade-hound in this very sense of learning, like pulling the midnight oil, hitting the books like crazy but actually never stopped in another (sense).

>but the way you do that lacks respect, so to speak, therefore I am angry a bit.
Just to make it clear, ok. Respect is something that is earned. You don't tell me whom I should have respect for. I'm not one of your brainwashed roomies wherever the heck they come from. And I couldn't care less whether you're angry or not. You got that, right ?
I told you, it's simple. You come out with any BS you usually do, I'm a bad-ass. You're being nice, I'm being meek and mild but not otherwise, period.

edytowany przez savagerhino: 09 kwi 2012
Forgive me for joining this little spat, but a spat without my input, is not apt at all ;-)

>Watch your tongue
>Or you're going to do what ? Sue me ?
...oh, savage...that just reminded me of a wonderful line from a wonderful film 'Guys and Dolls' when Frank Sinatra sings 'Sue me, get a lawyer and sue me.....'

>I had a glimpse at your posts from the 'preceding' (nie jestem za pewna, ale napewno ktos mnie poprawi czy to jest dobre slowo) years.
...What are you ? Some kind of lurking 'breather' ?
...I didn't know I had fans. (of course you have savage, we admire you for all your confabulations, (well, at least I do)

>There were some out there though, like that sickfu*k checkers
...I remember him very well, I think he's lurking somewhere in the background, using a different 'nick'.;-)

>Wouldn't it to be annoying to you if somebody were joshing you time and time again for making small mistakes, after all?
@grudziu.....yes, BUT that is the only way we learn, it is 100 times better to be corrected and know the truth, then exist in a world of ignorance...(don't you think so grudziu)

>How long have you been learning English?
...what the feck has that to do with anything....we are all learning something till the day we die. @Grudziu, show me a person who says that 'they know everything there is to know about the English language and I'll show you a liar'.
sorry, dopiero zauwazylam...but a spat without my input, is no spat at all.
You make me feel better than I deserve, terri, but ok.. I know you're sexy anyway.
edytowany przez savagerhino: 09 kwi 2012
Cytat: savagerhino
You make me feel better than I deserve, terri, but ok.. I know you're sexy anyway.

Just between you and me, I'll tell you a funny story. Last time I was leaving England to come to Poland, I had in my hand luggage some items (well, to stop you guessing, I'll tell you...some pink and fluffy material was tied round some sexy handcuffs) and guess what? The guys on border control wouldn't let me take them out of England. I told them most vehemently that they were interfering with my sex life, but were they interested? Were they hell as like.....(no sense of humour these people)
Let me guess. A cat-o' nine-tails and some nice spiked leather necklace ? These airport checkpoint guys are so stupid. They don't know what they missed. Now, they should be 'shackled' to the bedposts of your king bed and left to their own fate, I guess.
>>>Or you're going to do what ? Sue me ?
oh Jeez, stick, you sounded just like a lad (and terri told me to grow up), like a juvenile or something.
>> There were some out there though, like that sickfu*k checkers or something. Are you the one of them ?
Pardon me? What fans? I just wanted to learn how long you've been on the forum. That's it.
>>Go ahead. Why don't you try? I'd gladly listen to what you or others can come up with. I'm always open to 'criticism'.:) You're overconfident, and as a matter of fact, I don't have a mind to berate you. Never wanted. What for? For what?
>>>Respect is something that is earned.
According to your system of values it is, indeed. So your relatives should "pay their dues" so that you can respect them, right? If you respect somebody who respects you, what kind of respect have you got then? That's what implies from what you wrote. Yourposition become untenable.
>>> And I couldn't care less whether you're angry or not. You got that, right ?
That's why I don't want to have any touch with you. THAT IS AS STRAIGHT AS A DIE.
>>>grudziu.....yes, BUT that is the only way we learn, it is 100 times better to be corrected and know the truth, then exist in a world of ignorance...(don't you think so grudziu)
darn it ! I'm still banging my head against a brick wall...
>>...what the feck has that to do with anything....we are all learning something till the day we die.
terri, you're the only one from that clique who said it outspokenly <an appreciative smile>
Fade away already, you square-head. Come back after brain surgery.
>>>Fade away already, you square-head. Come back after brain surgery.
The confabulation of yours 'chock-a-block' with intelligence.
edytowany przez grudziu: 09 kwi 2012
You shouldn't be surprised, checkers. I'm trying to tune in to your wavelength.
You are falling back on insults, which fell flat.
I haven't even started yet.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 38
poprzednia |

« 

Pomoc językowa