Reported Speech - sprawdzenie zdań

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam, bardzo proszę o sprawdzenie poniższych zdań (trochę ich jest!) i z góry serdecznie dziękuję, jeśli komuś będzie się chciało wypunktować moje błędy :) Pozdrawiam

“Shall we buy some new furniture?” she said.
She asked if we should buy some new furniture.

“He’s always moaning about everything,” She said.
She complained that he was always moaning about everything.

“I’ll give you the money back tomorrow,” she said.
She promised to give me the money back the following day.

She asked herself, “When shall I talk to him again?”
She wondered when she should talk to him again.

“Give us the money or we’ll reveal your secret,” the blackmailer said.
The blackmailer threatened to reveal my secret if I didn’t give them the money.

“Don’t forget you have a doctor’s appointment at 11 a.m.,” I said to him.
I reminded him that he had a doctor’s appointment at 11 a.m.

“You will apologise to the lady,” my father said.
My father ordered me to apologise to the lady.

“It was John who wrote that graffiti,” said his brother.
His brother accusted John of writing that graffiti.

“Please, please, give me one more chance,” the boy said to me.
The boy begged me to give him one more chance.

“Why don’t we postpone the meeting?” the boss said.
The boss suggested postponing the meeting.

“We know you were involved in the robbery,” the policeman said.
The policeman accused me of being involved in the robbery.

“I know that John’s an adventurous businessman,” Paul said. “I’d never have expected him to get mixed up with that sort of firm, though.”
Paul claimed that he knew John was an adventurous businessman but added that he had never had expected him to get mixed up with that sort of firm.

“When I first came here,” Susan said, “I had a hard time with the language, but now that I’ve been here for five years, I find I can get on very well.”
Susan said that when she first had gone here she had had a hard time with the language, but because of the fact she had been there for five years since then, she found she could get on very well.

She went on to say, “I usually only teach a class of beginners, but since we’re missing a teacher at the moment, I’m also taking an advanced class”.
She continued saying she usually only taught a class of beginners, but since they were missing a teacher at that moment, she was also taking an advanced class.

“I hope,” he said, “that you’ll consider taking over the shop when I retire as you’ve developed and excellent eye for antiques. And that’s quite a compliment, I assure you, coming from me.”
He said he hoped that I would consider taking over the ship when he retired as I had developed and an excellent eye for antiques and he assured me that what he said was a compliment from him.

“Who are you going to leave the house to?” I asked my uncle. “Perhaps,” I went on, “you should leave it to Sarah as she seems to be the most attached to it.”
I asked my uncle who they were going to leave the house to and suggested leaving it to Sarah because of her attachment to it.

“Don’t imagine that because I’ve criticized you, I don’t think you’re a good musician,” he said to me. “With enough practice, I have no doubt that you will be able to work as a professional.”
She told me not to imagine that because of the fact he had criticized me he didn’t think I was a good musician and he assured me that with enough practice, I would be able to work as a professional.

“Is he going to accept the job offer,” she asked, “or will he just moulder on here until it’s time for him to retire?”
She asked whether he is going to accept the job offer or would just moulder on there until it’s time for him to retire.

“I’ve heard her claim that she may give up her job and open a restaurant,” he said. “She’s certainly a good enough cook to do it.”
He said that he had heard her claim that she might give up her job and open a restaurant and added that she is certainly good enough cook to do it.

“I didn’t even need to open the second bottle of oil,” she said, “so I needn’t have worried about running out.”
She said she hadn’t even needed to open the second bottle of oil and because of that she needn’t have worried about running out.

“I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard they’d split up,” she said to me. “Could you phone Jane to see if it’s really true?”
She said she couldn’t believe her ears when she had heard they’d split up and asked me if I could phone Jane to see whether it was true.

“It looks as if we’ll have to cancel the meeting if Julia is going to be away,” he said. “Do you know when she’ll be back?”
He remarked that they would have to cancel the meeting if Julia was going to be away and asked me whether I know when she would be back.
“What would you think about going to a new restaurant tonight?” he said to his wife. “I’ve just read about one that’s meant to be very good.”
He suggested his wife going to a new restaurant that night and added that he had read about one that was meant to be very good.

“By the way, if anyone rings while I’m out,” she told her secretary, “please take a message and tell them that I won’t be in until tomorrow afternoon.”
She instructed her secretary to take a message if anyone rang to her while she was out and tell them that she wouldn’t be in until the following day’s afternoon.

“I might be able to come,” he said to Sarah, “although I won’t be able to let you know until tomorrow.”
He said to Sarah he might be able to come but also explained he wouldn’t be able to let me know until the following day.

“Shall I pass on the news”, I asked him, “or would you prefer I didn’t until you’ve had a chance to see them?”
She asked him whether she should pass on the news or she hadn’t done it until he had had a chance to see them.

“Paul couldn’t have said a more compromising thing,” the manager said to us. “You’d think he was trying to undermine the whole business.”
The manager told us that Paul couldn’t have said a more compromising thing and added that we would think he had been trying to undermine the whole business.

“I’d love to take a long holiday,” she said to David, “but as things stand, I’ll have to wait at least until next summer before I can leave my new assistant in charge.”
She said she would love to take a long holiday but she would have to wait until the following summer before she will be able to leave her new assistant in charge.

“You mustn’t ask such questions,” she said to me, “or you’re likely to find yourself in serious difficulties one day.”
She warned me not to ask such questions unless I was likely to find myself in serious difficulties one day.

“I really must get going,” Jane said to the family, “or I might miss the last train.”
Jane told her family she had to get going because she might miss the last train.

“Although I’m afraid I must reject your offer,” Paul said to Philp, “I do appreciate your kindness in bringing it to my attention.”
Paul refused to accept Philip’s offer but added he appreciated his kindness in taking it to his attention.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t phone you yesterday”, said Jane, “but you see I had to take my dog to the vet’s.”
Jane apologized for not phoning me the day before, explaining she had had to take her dog t vet’s.

“Don’t touch those ornaments!” said the old lady to the little boy.
The old lady warn the little boy not to touch those ornaments.

“Do you think you’ll be in tonight?” Sophia asked me.
Sophia asked me whether I thought I would be in that night.

She said, “The servant has washed the dishes.”
She said that the servant had washed the dishes.

“Stop fooling around, will you?” he said to the boy.
He asked the boy to stop fooling around.

“Would it be possible to extend my overdraft?” I asked my bank manager.
I asked my bank manager whether it would be possible to extend my overdraft.

“I have no intention of admitting my guilt,” said the old man.
The old man denied having any intention of admitting his guilt.

“What did the doctor tell you?” she asked me.
She asked me what the doctor had told me.

“When I woke up, the room was full of smoke,” he said.
He said that when he woke up, the room was full of smoke.

“I’d rather not sign it before the boss sees it,” he said.
He said he would rather not sign it before the boss sees it.

“China is a densely populated country,” he said.
He said that China is a densely populated country.

He says, “I have been working all morning and haven’t finished yet”.
He says that he had been working all morning and hadn’t finished then.

“Greece has a very long recorded history,” he said.
He said that Greece has a very long recorded history.

The assistant said, “Shall I wrap this for you?”
The assistant offered to wrap that for me.

Her father said, “You needn’t come home early tomorrow.”
Her father said she wouldn’t have to go home early the following day.

The teacher said, “You mustn’t make that mistake again.”
The teacher told me not to do that mistake again.

Pam said, “I can organize that next week”.
Pam said she would be able to organize that the following week.

The policeman said, “You needn’t make a statement now.”
The policeman said I needn’t make a statement then.

He said, “I can’t afford to waste my time.”
He said he couldn’t afford to waste his time.

Patrick said, “You must submit all the information by Sunday.”
Patrick told me I had to submit all the information by Sunday.

She said, “What shall I do with the shopping?”
She asked what she should do with the shopping.

She said, “You must be very disappointed.”
She said I must be very disappointed.

“Will you lend me your car?” he said. “No,” his father said.
He asked his dad if he would lend him his car and the father said he wouldn’t.

“You liar!” she said.
She called me a liar.

“Well done! That was a wonderful performance,” they said.
They commended on the performance.

She said, “Be careful with that knife. It’s very sharp.”
She asked me to be careful with that knife because it was very sharp.

“Good luck with the test,” he said.
He wished me good luck with the test.

“Will you remind me to phone Jim later?” he said. “Yes.” I said.
He asked me if I would remind him to phone Jim later and I said I would.

“This isn’t the first time she has lied, is it?” he said to me.
He reminded me that it wasn’t the first time she had lied.

“Eee!” she said when she saw the mouse.
She gave an exclamation of disgust when she had seen the mouse.

“That’s revolting!” he said when he tasted the soup.
He commended on the soup when he had tasted it.

“Would you like to come to a show with me?” she said.
She asked whether I would like to go to a show with her.
1 ostrzegła, warn - ostrzegać
accuse, compliment
Ułatwiło by gdybyś numerował zdania;)
Widze problem w 11 i 30;)
29. 'Eee' is a girly scream ( fear + surprise)
30. tu poczatek musi byc ten z 29
w obu zdaniach po 'when' simple past

'be careful' jest tez ostrzezeniem, nie wiem jaki to numer zdania, nie liczylem, nic nie widze nawet w okularach, wszystko mi sie zlewa
jeszcze pare rzeczy moznaby bylo poprawic
Bardzo przepraszam za brak numeracji. Wrzucam raz jeszcze:

1. “Shall we buy some new furniture?” she said.
She asked if we should buy some new furniture.

2. “He’s always moaning about everything,” She said.
She complained that he was always moaning about everything.

3. “I’ll give you the money back tomorrow,” she said.
She promised to give me the money back the following day.

4. She asked herself, “When shall I talk to him again?”
She wondered when she should talk to him again.

5. “Give us the money or we’ll reveal your secret,” the blackmailer said.
The blackmailer threatened to reveal my secret if I didn’t give them the money.

6. “Don’t forget you have a doctor’s appointment at 11 a.m.,” I said to him.
I reminded him that he had a doctor’s appointment at 11 a.m.

7. “You will apologise to the lady,” my father said.
My father ordered me to apologise to the lady.

8. “It was John who wrote that graffiti,” said his brother.
His brother accusted John of writing that graffiti.

9. “Please, please, give me one more chance,” the boy said to me.
The boy begged me to give him one more chance.

10. “Why don’t we postpone the meeting?” the boss said.
The boss suggested postponing the meeting.

11. “We know you were involved in the robbery,” the policeman said.
The policeman accused me of being involved in the robbery.

12. “I know that John’s an adventurous businessman,” Paul said. “I’d never have expected him to get mixed up with that sort of firm, though.”

13. Paul claimed that he knew John was an adventurous businessman but added that he had never had expected him to get mixed up with that sort of firm.

14. “When I first came here,” Susan said, “I had a hard time with the language, but now that I’ve been here for five years, I find I can get on very well.”
Susan said that when she first had gone here she had had a hard time with the language, but because of the fact she had been there for five years since then, she found she could get on very well.

15. She went on to say, “I usually only teach a class of beginners, but since we’re missing a teacher at the moment, I’m also taking an advanced class”.
She continued saying she usually only taught a class of beginners, but since they were missing a teacher at that moment, she was also taking an advanced class.

16. “I hope,” he said, “that you’ll consider taking over the shop when I retire as you’ve developed and excellent eye for antiques. And that’s quite a compliment, I assure you, coming from me.”
He said he hoped that I would consider taking over the ship when he retired as I had developed and an excellent eye for antiques and he assured me that what he said was a compliment from him.

17. “Who are you going to leave the house to?” I asked my uncle. “Perhaps,” I went on, “you should leave it to Sarah as she seems to be the most attached to it.”
I asked my uncle who they were going to leave the house to and suggested leaving it to Sarah because of her attachment to it.

18. “Don’t imagine that because I’ve criticized you, I don’t think you’re a good musician,” he said to me. “With enough practice, I have no doubt that you will be able to work as a professional.”
She told me not to imagine that because of the fact he had criticized me he didn’t think I was a good musician and he assured me that with enough practice, I would be able to work as a professional.

19. “Is he going to accept the job offer,” she asked, “or will he just moulder on here until it’s time for him to retire?”
She asked whether he is going to accept the job offer or would just moulder on there until it’s time for him to retire.

20. “I’ve heard her claim that she may give up her job and open a restaurant,” he said. “She’s certainly a good enough cook to do it.”
He said that he had heard her claim that she might give up her job and open a restaurant and added that she is certainly good enough cook to do it.

21. “I didn’t even need to open the second bottle of oil,” she said, “so I needn’t have worried about running out.”
She said she hadn’t even needed to open the second bottle of oil and because of that she needn’t have worried about running out.

22. “I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard they’d split up,” she said to me. “Could you phone Jane to see if it’s really true?”
She said she couldn’t believe her ears when she had heard they’d split up and asked me if I could phone Jane to see whether it was true.

23. “It looks as if we’ll have to cancel the meeting if Julia is going to be away,” he said. “Do you know when she’ll be back?”
He remarked that they would have to cancel the meeting if Julia was going to be away and asked me whether I know when she would be back.

24. “What would you think about going to a new restaurant tonight?” he said to his wife. “I’ve just read about one that’s meant to be very good.”
He suggested his wife going to a new restaurant that night and added that he had read about one that was meant to be very good.

25. “By the way, if anyone rings while I’m out,” she told her secretary, “please take a message and tell them that I won’t be in until tomorrow afternoon.”
She instructed her secretary to take a message if anyone rang to her while she was out and tell them that she wouldn’t be in until the following day’s afternoon.

26. “I might be able to come,” he said to Sarah, “although I won’t be able to let you know until tomorrow.”
He said to Sarah he might be able to come but also explained he wouldn’t be able to let me know until the following day.

27. “Shall I pass on the news”, I asked him, “or would you prefer I didn’t until you’ve had a chance to see them?”
She asked him whether she should pass on the news or she hadn’t done it until he had had a chance to see them.

28. “Paul couldn’t have said a more compromising thing,” the manager said to us. “You’d think he was trying to undermine the whole business.”
The manager told us that Paul couldn’t have said a more compromising thing and added that we would think he had been trying to undermine the whole business.

29. “I’d love to take a long holiday,” she said to David, “but as things stand, I’ll have to wait at least until next summer before I can leave my new assistant in charge.”
She said she would love to take a long holiday but she would have to wait until the following summer before she will be able to leave her new assistant in charge.

30. “You mustn’t ask such questions,” she said to me, “or you’re likely to find yourself in serious difficulties one day.”
She warned me not to ask such questions unless I was likely to find myself in serious difficulties one day.

31. “I really must get going,” Jane said to the family, “or I might miss the last train.”
Jane told her family she had to get going because she might miss the last train.

32. “Although I’m afraid I must reject your offer,” Paul said to Philp, “I do appreciate your kindness in bringing it to my attention.”
Paul refused to accept Philip’s offer but added he appreciated his kindness in taking it to his attention.

33. “I’m sorry that I didn’t phone you yesterday”, said Jane, “but you see I had to take my dog to the vet’s.”
Jane apologized for not phoning me the day before, explaining she had had to take her dog t vet’s.
34. “Don’t touch those ornaments!” said the old lady to the little boy.
The old lady warn the little boy not to touch those ornaments.

35. “Do you think you’ll be in tonight?” Sophia asked me.
Sophia asked me whether I thought I would be in that night.

36. She said, “The servant has washed the dishes.”
She said that the servant had washed the dishes.

37. “Stop fooling around, will you?” he said to the boy.
He asked the boy to stop fooling around.

38. “Would it be possible to extend my overdraft?” I asked my bank manager.
I asked my bank manager whether it would be possible to extend my overdraft.

39. “I have no intention of admitting my guilt,” said the old man.
The old man denied having any intention of admitting his guilt.

40. “What did the doctor tell you?” she asked me.
She asked me what the doctor had told me.

41. “When I woke up, the room was full of smoke,” he said.
He said that when he woke up, the room was full of smoke.

42. “I’d rather not sign it before the boss sees it,” he said.
He said he would rather not sign it before the boss sees it.

43. “China is a densely populated country,” he said.
He said that China is a densely populated country.

44. He says, “I have been working all morning and haven’t finished yet”.
He says that he had been working all morning and hadn’t finished then.

45. “Greece has a very long recorded history,” he said.
He said that Greece has a very long recorded history.

46.The assistant said, “Shall I wrap this for you?”
The assistant offered to wrap that for me.

47. Her father said, “You needn’t come home early tomorrow.”
Her father said she wouldn’t have to go home early the following day.

48. The teacher said, “You mustn’t make that mistake again.”
The teacher told me not to do that mistake again.

49. Pam said, “I can organize that next week”.
Pam said she would be able to organize that the following week.

50. The policeman said, “You needn’t make a statement now.”
The policeman said I needn’t make a statement then.

51. He said, “I can’t afford to waste my time.”
He said he couldn’t afford to waste his time.

52. Patrick said, “You must submit all the information by Sunday.”
Patrick told me I had to submit all the information by Sunday.

53. She said, “What shall I do with the shopping?”
She asked what she should do with the shopping.

54. She said, “You must be very disappointed.”
She said I must be very disappointed.

55. “Will you lend me your car?” he said. “No,” his father said.
He asked his dad if he would lend him his car and the father said he wouldn’t.

56. “You liar!” she said.
She called me a liar.

57. “Well done! That was a wonderful performance,” they said.
They commended on the performance.

58. She said, “Be careful with that knife. It’s very sharp.”
She asked me to be careful with that knife because it was very sharp.

59. “Good luck with the test,” he said.
He wished me good luck with the test.

60. “Will you remind me to phone Jim later?” he said. “Yes.” I said.
He asked me if I would remind him to phone Jim later and I said I would.

61. “This isn’t the first time she has lied, is it?” he said to me.
He reminded me that it wasn’t the first time she had lied.

62. “Eee!” she said when she saw the mouse.
She gave an exclamation of disgust when she had seen the mouse.

63. “That’s revolting!” he said when he tasted the soup.
He commended on the soup when he had tasted it.

64. “Would you like to come to a show with me?” she said.
She asked whether I would like to go to a show with her.
Imo, w niektórych podstawiłeś zly czasownik. Np,
63. Pochwalił że zupa /niedobra/ /?/
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia