Past Continuous vs Past Simple

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Underline the correct form.
a. While he took / was taking a bath, Archimedes discovered / was discovering the principles of density and buoyancy.
b. When Edouard Benedictus, a French scientist, worked / was working in his laboratory, he dropped / was dropping a glass bottle which
had some plastic inside - and invented / was inventing safety glass.
c. Columbus arrived / was arriving in America while he tried / was trying to reach the Far East.
d. Alexander Fleming discovered / was discowering penicillin by accident while he looked / was looking at some old experiments.
e. While Hiram Bingham climbed / was climbing in the mountains of Peru in 1911, he discovered / was discovering the lost city of Macchu Picchu.
f. While Isaac Newlon sat / was sitting under an apple tree, an apple fell / was falling on his head, and he understood / was understanding gravity.
g. While Dr Harry Coover tried / was trying to invent a new kind of plastic, he made / was making a very soft substance which stuck / was sticking
things together. It was Superglue.
h. While he observed / was observing the Moon through his telescope, Galileo realized / was realizing that it had mountains and craters.

a. While he took / was taking a bath, Archimedes discovered / was discovering the principles of density and buoyancy.
b. When Edouard Benedictus, a French scientist, worked / was working in his laboratory, he dropped / was dropping a glass bottle which
had some plastic inside - and invented / was inventing safety glass.
c. Columbus arrived / was arriving in America while he tried / was trying to reach the Far East.
d. Alexander Fleming discovered / was discowering penicillin by accident while he looked / was looking at some old experiments.
e. While Hiram Bingham climbed / was climbing in the mountains of Peru in 1911, he discovered / was discovering the lost city of Macchu Picchu.
f. While Isaac Newlon sat / was sitting under an apple tree, an apple fell / was falling on his head, and he understood / was understanding gravity.
g. While Dr Harry Coover tried / was trying to invent a new kind of plastic, he made / was making a very soft substance which stuck / was sticking things together. It was Superglue.
h. While he observed / was observing the Moon through his telescope, Galileo realized / was realizing that it had mountains and craters.

Proszę o sprawdzenie.
a2 g3 zle
a. While he was taking a bath, Archimedes discovered the principles of density and buoyancy.
g. While Dr Harry Coover was trying to invent a new kind of plastic, he made a very soft substance which stuck things together. It was Superglue.

Czy teraz ok?
ok
Do these sentences refer to the present ot the past? Write 'present' or 'past'. In a few cases both references are possible.

1. That shirt cost me Ł7,00. past
2. He often cuts himself. present
3. She hurt her arm. present
4. He let me drive his car. past
5. She reads a lot present
6. I set the table every morning. present
7. I set the table an hour ago. past
8. She often hit him. present
9. He shut the door with a bang. past
10. I hurt my arm yesterday. past
11. I often let him drive my car. present
12. She always beat him at tenis. present
13. The BBC broadcasts every day. present
14. The BBC broadcast the talk yesterday. past

Proszę o sprawdzenie :)
3, 8, 12 zle
3. She hurt her arm. past
8. She often hit him. past
12. She always beat him at tenis. past

Z 3 rzeczywiście się pomyliłem. Ale z 8 i 12 miałbym problem odróżnić. Dlaczego jest past, jak czynność się powtarza?
Use the past continuous in the sentences below.

1. I wasn't listening, so I missed what he said. (not listen)
2. We stayed because we were enjoying ourselves. (enjoy)
3. Were they playing tennis yesterday? (they play)
4. He was gardening all weekend. (garden)
5. Were you watching television all evening? (you watch)
6. It was raining hard all day (rain)
7. I was wondering whether you could lend me some money. (wonder)
8. Were you working still when I left? (you still work)
9. I lived in France at the time you were living in Spain. (live)
10. When she was younger, she was doing always things for other people. (always do)
11. Bill and Sue were improving constantly their house, before they moved. (constantly improve)
12. Were you reading when I rang you? (you read)
13. Just as I was getting to an interesting past of the story, the doorbell rang. (get)

Proszę o sprawdzenie kolejnego ćwiczenia :)
"Dlaczego jest past SIMPLE, jak czynność się powtarza?"

wlasnie dlatego, ze sie powtarza, a nie trwa ciagle ta sama.

8 10 popraw szyk
8. Were you still working when I left? (you still work)
10. When she was younger, she was always doing things for other people. (always do)

Czy teraz szyk poprawny?
ok
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia