Kilka zdań do sprawdzenia i ewentualnej poprawki

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam
Na stronę potrzebuję kilku zdań o sobie po angielsku.... uczę się go już jakiś czas więc wyskrobałem talkie coś:

"I'm a 17-year old amateur photographer from Poland. Since boyhood, I have had a passion for the natural world and photography. I started taking photos during the summer of 2005, when my parents buy me a digital compact camera. For 3 years I honed my skills by using this camera. Finally in 2008 I bought my first digital SLR. I decided on Sony Alpha system because everyone advised me to purchase the camera from Canon or Nikon... I wanted to prove that counts isn't logo on the equipment, but the photographer's skills. Currently I specialize in landscape and nature photography. Occasionally deals with the macro and Astrophotography"

Odrobinę wspomagałem się kilkoma translatorami.... dlatego proszę was o sprawdzenie czy tekst jest poprawny gramatycznie i wykazanie mi ewentualnych błędów.

Może zamieszczę jeszcze jaki ma być mniej więcej sens tego tekstu po polsku:

"Jestem 17-letnim fotografem amatorem z Polski. Od dzieciństwa pasjonuje mnie świat przyrody i fotografia. Poważnie zainteresowałem się robieniem zdjęć latem 2005 roku, kiedy rodzice kupili mi mój pierwszy osobisty aparat kompaktowy. Przez 3 lata szlifowałem swoje umiejętności za pomocą tego aparatu. Wreszcie w 2008 roku kupiłem pierwszą cyfrową lustrzankę. Zdecydowałem się na system Sony Alpha, ponieważ wszyscy zachęcali mnie do zakupu aparatu marki Canon czy Nikon ... chciałem udowodnić im, że liczy się nie logo na sprzęt, ale umiejętności fotografa. Obecnie specjalizuję się w fotografii krajobrazowej i dzikiej przyrody. Sporadycznie zajmuje się też makro i astrofotografią"

Zależy mi żeby ostateczny tekst jak najbardziej przypominał ten jednak w trakcie tłumaczenia na ang. zmieniłem kilka rzeczy bo po prostu nie umiałem ich przetłumaczyć....

Z góry dziękuję wszystkim którzy pomogą mi :)
No nie wierzę, że nikt nie zna na tyle angielskiego żeby mi coś tutaj doradzić... :)
"I'm a 17-year old amateur photographer from Poland. Since CHILDHOOD (lepiej), I
>have had a passion for the natural world and photography. I started
>taking photos during the summer of 2005 when my parents BOUGHT me a
>digital compact camera. For 3 years I honed my skills by using this
>camera. Finally in 2008 I bought my first digital SLR. I decided on
>Sony Alpha system because everyone advised me to purchase the camera
>from Canon or Nikon... I wanted to prove that WHAT COUNTS is not a logo on the
>equipment, but the photographer's skills. I am currently specializing in
>landscape and nature photography. I occasionally deal with the macro
>and Astrophotography"
17-year-old
Dziękuje bardzo za pomoc... :)
Ale gdyby ktoś miał jeszcze jakieś propozycje to jestem otwarty....

Jeszcze mam pytanie dodatkowe. Może zamiast: "Occasionally deals with the macro and Astrophotography", napisać: "Occasionally I performs a macro photography"?
Occasionally I perform (!!) macro photography" (bo uncountable)
a co chcesz wyrazic? bo "perform photography" to nie za bardzo
No właśnie.
>Occasionally I perform (!!) macro photography" (bo uncountable)

Nie rozumiem, co znaczy słowo 'perform' w tym zdaniu.
Wg mnie 'deal with' jest okey. Czy ktoś może wytłumaczyć, czemu tam jest 'perform', a dokładniej, co ono znaczy ;)?
moze lepsze slowo bedzie 'undertake' - bo 'perform' to calkowicie nie pasuje.
Chodziło mi o to żeby sens zdania był mniej więcej taki: "Sporadycznie/Od czasu do czasu wykonuję/tworzę zdjęcia makro"
>"I'm a 17-year old amateur photographer from Poland. Since boyhood, I
>have had a passion for the natural world and photography. I started
>taking photos during the summer of 2005, when my parents buy me a
>digital compact camera.
..., when my parents bought me...

For 3 years I honed my skills by using this
>camera.
For three years I used it trying to take better pictures.

>Finally in 2008 I bought my first digital SLR. I decided on
>Sony Alpha system because everyone advised me to purchase the camera
>from Canon or Nikon...

I decided on the Sony Alpha system....to purchase a camera from Canon or...

>I wanted to prove that counts isn't logo on the
>equipment, but the photographer's skills.

I want to prove that what counts isn’t the brand name on the camera, but the photographer's skill.

Currently I specialize in
>landscape and nature photography. Occasionally deals with the macro
>and Astrophotography"

Now I especially like to photograph wild nature and landscapes. On occasion, I shoot macro and astrophotography.
Dziękuję wszystkim którzy mi pomagają...

Po wprowadzeniu wszystkich poprawek tekst wygląda tak:

"I'm a 17-year-old amateur photographer from Poland. Since childhood, I have had a passion for the natural world and photography. I started taking photos during the summer of 2005, when my parents bought me a digital compact camera. For three years I used it trying to take better pictures. Finally in 2008 I bought my first digital SLR. I decided on the Sony Alpha system, because everyone advised me to purchase a camera from Canon or Nikon... I want to prove that what counts isn't the brand name on the camera, but the photographer's skill. Now I especially like to photograph wild nature and landscapes. On occasion, I shoot macro and astrophotography."

Jeśli ktoś ma jeszcze jakieś pomysły, chętnie ich wysłucham... :)
>>>For three years I used it trying to take better pictures.
mysle, ze lepiej...I used it for three years trying to take better and better pictures. Finally,....
On occasionS (alebo lepiej. OCCASIONALLY, I shoot macro and astrophotography."
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.