thank you very much ;)

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 57
poprzednia |
bardzo prosze o pomoc przy spr .listu do kolezanki w ktorej opisze jak ktos zmienil moje zycie ,kiedy ja poznalam ,opis wygladu i charakteru ,powiem jak zmienilo sie moje zycie i jak sie z tym czuje ,poinformuje o planach wobec tej osoby ,obiecam napisac o tym . mam nadzieje ze nie jest tak strasznie ;/ pozdrawiam i dziekuje ;)
Dear Jean,

Many thanks for your letter.I'm sorry I haven't written for so long time...
I have been in Mexico on holiday and I met someone there who change my life ... she’s thirty years old She is pretty has green eyes, sweet small lips and long wavy brown hair and slender like an ideal woman.
What everyone particularly likes about Jenny is the way she treats other people. She can be very understanding ,nice ,sincere and she can talk about every topic.you know that I like fast life. I made good money and I drank, I did the things that often accompany hard drinking. I woke up sick most mornings .... I traveled to Europe and anywhere else I wanted to party. I made friends, I dropped friends. It didn't matter. People weren't really important. People couldn't get me drunk, get me high.
I not respected the people I was indifferent to others...by my behavior but I lost all the friends she has taught me respect for others .Today I am a different man, and thanks to her! jenny come to me on holiday so I hope that you know her ;)
Send my regards to your family.
Love
'm sorry I haven't written for 'so' (nie, nie tak, albo 'fos such a long time, albo 'for a long time') long time...
I have been in Mexico on holiday and I met someone there who 'change' (tutaj potrzeba czasu przeszlego) my life ... she's thirty years old. She is pretty has green eyes, sweet small lips and long wavy brown hair and (tu brakuje czasownika) slender like an ideal woman.
I made 'good money' (a czy jest cos takiego jak 'bad money'? chyba nie, to jest kolokw-prosze napisac poprawnie) and I drank, I did the things that often accompany hard drinking. I woke up sick most mornings .... I 'traveled' (ortog) to Europe and anywhere else I wanted to party.
....I (tu cos brakuje) not respected the people, I was indifferent to others...by mybehavior but I lost all the friends she has taught me respect for
others... (tutaj masz 3 zdania w jednym, podziel to dokladnie).
Jenny (imiona zawsze duza litera) 'come' (czas przeszly) to me on holiday so I hope that you (tutaj cos brakuje) know her;)

Dobrze, myslalam, ze to Colin pisze ;-)
>Dear Jean,
>
>Many thanks for your letter. I'm sorry I haven't written for so long
>{}...
>I {was} in Mexico on holiday and {there} I met someone {} who {changed} my
>life ... She's thirty years old. She is pretty, has green eyes, sweet
>{thin} lips and long wavy brown hair, {with a} slender {figure} like {that of}an ideal woman.
>What everyone particularly likes about Jenny is the way she treats
>other people. She can be very understanding, {kind}, sincere and {you} can
>talk {to her} about {any} topic {you like}. You know that I like {living a fast-paced} life. I made good
>money and I drank. I did {} things that often ??accompany hard
>drinking??. I woke up sick most mornings .... I {travelled} to Europe and
>anywhere else I wanted to party. I made friends. I {lost} friends. It
>didn't matter. People weren't really important. People couldn't get me
>drunk, get me high.
>I [did} not {respect} people. I was indifferent to others...???by my
>{behaviuor} but I lost all the friends she has taught me respect for
>others ??.Today I am a different man, and {all} thanks to her! Jenny {is coming to my place} on holiday so I hope that you {meet} her. ;)
>Send my regards to your family.
>Love
terri z tymi good money chodziło mi że zarabiał duzo pieniedzy ;)
a to indifferent chodziło mi ze obojetny ?ale chyba zle slowo uzyłam ... dziekuje slicznie za pomoc ;)
a jak juz to jak napisac obojetny w sensie e byłam obojetna dla innych ludzi ...
traveled/travelled: I think that it is worth mentioning to readers/askers that two spelling conventions exist for this word, rather than just mark it as a "orto" mistake.

Canadian spelling conventions follow BrE, so what follows is not about "turf management".
:)

A pretty exhaustive list of "l"/"ll" variations:

UK US

cancellation cancellation (OR cancelation) Spellings like travelling,
cancelled canceled (OR cancelled) labelled, modelling are
cancelling canceling (OR cancelling) not very common, but
counsellor counselor (OR counsellor) acceptable in US English
equalled equaled (OR equalled)
equalling equaling (OR equalling)
dialler (OR dialer) dialer
dialling dialing (OR dialling)
fuelled fueled (OR fuelled)
fuelling fueling (OR fuelling)
labelled labeled (OR labelled)
labelling labeling (OR labelling)
marvellous marvelous (OR marvellous)
modelled modeled (OR modelled)
modelling modeling (OR modelling)
quarrelled quarreled (OR quarrelled)
quarrelling quarreling (OR quarrelling)
signalled signaled (OR signalled)
signalling signaling (OR signalling)
tranquillity (OR tranquility) tranquillity (OR tranquility)
travelled traveled (OR travelled)
travelling traveling (OR travelling)
woollen woolen (OR woollen)

CANADIAN usage: -ll-, as in UK English (counsellor, labelled, travelling)

[edit] -l-, -ll-

UK US

enrol enroll (OR enrol) Spellings like fulfilment and enrol
enrolment enrollment are not very common, but acceptable
fulfil fulfill (OR fulfil) in US English
fulfilment fulfillment (OR fulfilment)
install (OR instal) install (OR instal)
instalment installment (OR instalment)
skilful skillful
wilful willful (OR wilful)
I always take it for granted that the asker is taught British English at school.
UK US

cancellation cancellation (OR cancelation) Spellings like travelling,
cancelled canceled (OR cancelled) labelled, modelling are
cancelling canceling (OR cancelling) not very common, but
counsellor counselor (OR counsellor) acceptable in US English
equalled equaled (OR equalled)
equalling equaling (OR equalling)
dialler (OR dialer) dialer
dialling dialing (OR dialling)
fuelled fueled (OR fuelled)
fuelling fueling (OR fuelling)
labelled labeled (OR labelled)
labelling labeling (OR labelling)
marvellous marvelous (OR marvellous)
modelled modeled (OR modelled)
modelling modeling (OR modelling)
quarrelled quarreled (OR quarrelled)
quarrelling quarreling (OR quarrelling)
signalled signaled (OR signalled)
signalling signaling (OR signalling)
tranquillity (OR tranquility) tranquillity (OR tranquility)
travelled traveled (OR travelled)
travelling traveling (OR travelling)
woollen woolen (OR woollen)

CANADIAN usage: -ll-, as in UK English (counsellor, labelled, travelling)

[edit] -l-, -ll-

UK US

enrol enroll (OR enrol) Spellings like fulfilment and enrol
enrolment enrollment are not very common, but acceptable
fulfil fulfill (OR fulfil) in US English
fulfilment fulfillment (OR fulfilment)
install (OR instal) install (OR instal)
instalment installment (OR instalment)
skilful skillful
wilful willful (OR wilful)
darn, trying to fix spacing, but didn't work.
sorry, the Tab key function is not supported!
a to indifferent chodziło mi ze obojetny ?ale chyba zle slowo uzyłam ... dziekuje slicznie za pomoc ;)
a jak juz to jak napisac obojetny w sensie e byłam obojetna dla innych ludzi ...
witam ;) wprowadziłem pare zmian i bardzo bym prosił o spojrzenie na poprawnosc ;;bede bardzo wdzieczny z gory diekuje i pozdrawiam ;)

Dear Jean,

>Many thanks for your letter. I'm sorry I haven't written for such a long time.

I was in Mexico on holiday and there I met someone who changed my
life ... She's thirty years old. She is pretty, has green eyes, sweetthin lips and long wavy brown hair with a slender figure like that of an ideal woman.
What everyone particularly likes about Jenny is the way she treats
other people. She can be very understanding, kind, sincere and you can
talk to her about any topic you like. You know that I like living a fast-paced life. I made good money and I drank. I did bad things that often ...where accompany hard
drinking. I woke up sick most mornings .... I travelled to Europe and
anywhere else I wanted to party. I made friends. I lost friends. It
didn't matter. People weren't really important. People couldn't get me
drunk, get me high.
I did not respect people. I was indifferently to others...I reckoned only ,by my
behaviuor but I lost all the friends She instruct I respect people and himself.
.Today I am a different women , and all thanks to her! Jenny is coming to my place on holiday so I hope that you meet her. ;)
Send my regards to your family.
Love
jess, czy mozesz podac polska tresc dla tego kawalka:

I did not respect people. I was indifferently to others...I reckoned only ,by my
behaviuor but I lost all the friends She instruct I respect people and himself.
oczywiscie engee wiec,nie szanowałam ludzi ,byłam obojetna dla innych ,liczylam sie tylko ja ,przez moje zachowanie stracilam wszystkich pryjaciol ,ona nauczyla mnie szacunku dla ludzi i dla siebie ;) to mialam na mysli
I treated people with no respect. I didn't care about them. It was myself that mattered. Through my behaviour I lost all of my friends. She taught me how to respect others and myself.
engeene dziekuje za poprawe ! pozdrawiam ;)
Szkoda, że nie pisałaś tego sama:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/146309/how_a_friends_overdose_changed_my_life.html?cat=5
It was ME that mattered

You would write "it was me/him/her/them" not "myself/himself/herself/themselves"

myself:a reflexive pronoun

Use of reflexive pronouns:
1) When the subject and object of the verb refer to the same thing, a reflexive pronoun must be used for the object.

2) reflexive pronouns can be used as intensives
siuniab, try one of Collins Dictionaries, where you'll definitely find something, that is to say a piece of information that you appear not to know about, unlike myself :)
Thanks, I have plenty of dictionaries on my shelf too.
Quite an "about face" for the prescriptive grammarian you purport to be
;)

There seems to be the perception that the use of “myself” as an object is more upscale than “me"... perhaps that's where the confusion stems from.
I feel more of a prescriptivist rather than a descriptivist.

So, I reckon you haven't tried one yet, have you? I mean Collins.

Here's what they say on the subject:
2. You use 'myself' to emphasise a first person singular subject. In more formal English, 'myself' is sometimes used instead of 'me' as the object of a verb or preposition, for emphasis:

He was roughly the same age as myself.
...a complete beginner like myself.

:)
engee-
o tym...'me' i 'myself' to juz tomy byly napisane. Generalnie, coraz wiecej ludzie sie myli, i mowia 'myself, kiedy powinno byc 'me.
Sama to slysze... np. 'Give it to John and myself.' - To dziwacto pierwszej klasy, ale oni mysla, ze oj, oj, jacy to poprawni.
engee-
>>>>I treated people with no respect.
napisz to zdanie po ang.
Jeśli już chcemy być hiperpoprawni to nie używajmy "generalnie" jako forma angielskiego (generally), co uważane jest za pewne zanglicyzowanie formy "ogólnie mówiąc/ogólnie rzecz biorąc/ogólnie coś ujmując.

Równie popularne co "dokładnie" w myśl bodaj prymarnego jądra znaczeniowego "exactly", które się oderwało i zapomniało o zasadnym użyciu form: "w rzeczy samej, istotnie, właśnie, tak jest, zgadza się ..." i teraz lewituje krążąc wokół orbity zwanej "polanglia".
terri, co chcesz od mojego zdania angielskiego? Am afraid your beginning to treat me with nou respect at this forum. :-( :-/ :-| :-) :D :P
Collins?
>I adore a tall Tom Collins on a hot day.
>Mmmm,what a good use of gin

In that case, all I can recommend you is drink responsibly, and read Collins dictionaries more readily.
engee-
to twoje zdanie....I treated people with no respect.
to moje...I didn't treat people with any respect.
Wybor zalezy od Ciebie.
>>>Am afraid 'your' YOU'RE beginning to treat me with no respect 'at' ON this forum.
engee,(big sigh)if the sentence used "myself" as an intensifier/for more emphasis, I would most certainly agree with you. Unfortunately, the second application of myself (for emphasis)does not apply in your example

INTENSIVE PRONOUNS

The intensive pronoun has the same form as the reflexive pronoun. The function of the intensive pronoun is to emphasize or intensify a noun or pronoun.

EXAMPLES:

--I myself once faced a similar difficulty.
--She baked that pie herself.
--He himself must make that choice.
--The children themselves decided that a trip to Disneyland would be an unnecessary extravagance.

Engee: A good "test" for proper usage of intensive pronouns is to remove the intensive pronoun (myself, themselves, herself). The remaining sentence should be able to stand alone and be grammatically correct.

If you are suggesting that you used "myself" correctly as an intensive pronoun, removing the "intensive" pronoun from
"It was myself that mattered" leaves "It was that mattered" which illustrates that you are using an incorrect reflexive form.

MISUSE OF THE REFLEXIVE PRONOUN FORM

There are two sorts of errors that people frequently make when using the reflexive pronoun form. The most common error is the inappropriate use of a "self" pronoun where a simple pronoun is called for. The other all too common error is the use of illiterate forms of the reflexive pronoun.

INAPPROPRIATE USE OF THE REFLEXIVE FORM WHERE A SIMPLE PRONOUN IS CALLED FOR

When someone uses a "self" pronoun where a simple pronoun is called for, it is almost always because he mistakenly thinks the reflexive form sounds more "elegant." It doesn't. Memorize this (self-evident!) principle: Incorrect usage is never more elegant than correct usage.

Incorrect
--The boss invited my wife and myself to have dinner with him next Friday.

Correct
--The boss invited my wife and me to have dinner with him next Friday.
(The pronoun "me" is the object of the verb "invited," but since the subject is "the boss," not "I," the object of the verb is not the same as the subject of the verb, and therefore the reflexive pronoun is not needed.)

Incorrect
I'm fine--and yourself?

Correct
I'm fine--and you? (Elliptical phrasing of "--and how are you?")

Incorrect
--John and myself can carry most of the equipment.

Correct
--John and I can carry most of the equipment.

Incorrect
--This is a matter that concerns only you and himself.
--This is a matter that concerns only you and myself.
--This is a matter that concerns only him and yourself.

Correct
--This is a matter that concerns only you and him.
--This is a matter that concerns only you and me.
--This is a matter that concerns only him and you.

REFLEXIVE PRONOUN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition: We use the reflexive pronouns to indicate that the person who realizes the action of the verb is the same person who receives the action. Reflexive pronouns are identical in form to intensive pronouns.
Subject Reflexive
I myself
You yourself
He himself
She herself
It itself

Plural
We ourselves
You yourselves
They themselves

For example:

I cut my hair myself.
* In this example "I" does the action of cutting the hair and at the same time "I" gets the action of the hair being cut.

We defended ourselves brilliantly.
* In this example the reflexive pronoun "ourselves" refers back to the subject of the sentence.

John talks to himself when he is nervous.
* In this example "Himself" refers to John.

Reflexive pronouns always act as objects not subjects, and they require an interaction between the subject and an object.
>Engee: A good "test" for proper usage of intensive pronouns is to
>remove the intensive pronoun (myself, themselves, herself). The
>remaining sentence should be able to stand alone and be grammatically
>correct.
>
>If you are suggesting that you used "myself" correctly as an intensive
>pronoun, removing the "intensive" pronoun from
>"It was myself that mattered" leaves "It was that mattered" which
>illustrates that you are using an incorrect reflexive form.

I'm afraid you're still confusing things. Your test for proper usage of intensive pronouns is real good, but the thing is my usage of 'myself' doesn't seem to be the same like all of those example sentences in your posts.

I did it myself (with emphasis) = I did it. (the stress is on 'I')
I myself tried the same method. = I tried the same method, too.
but
It was myself that mattered. = It was me that mattered. ('myself' and 'me' are the objects of the verb 'be')

(engee, with a much bigger sigh than siuniab's)
:~
dearest, you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth at once.

First, you claim your sentence uses "myself" as an intensive pronoun, now you claim it is the correct form of a reflexive pronoun.
hahaha
szkoda gadac
rece opadaja
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 57
poprzednia |

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie