Pomoc szybko

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-43 z 43
| następna
ale chyba w formie 'gonna go'
wyraźne wymowienie going w going to go moim zdaniem oznacza wielką determinację (a jak i tak pójdę)
nie, wyraznie przy stoliku na przerwie slysze te going to go, oczywiscie mowie o wypowiedzi nativa (46, female, nawet fajna jak na swoje lata :)
Cytat: mg
ale chyba w formie 'gonna go'
wyraźne wymowienie going w going to go moim zdaniem oznacza wielką determinację (a jak i tak pójdę)

Bardzo sie zgadzam, just in case, taka upartosc, determinacja w tonie rzeczywiscie, wieksza niz zwykle, sasetki przykładów i większość raczej ma taki przekaz. Czy w tym przykladzie tak jest ?
Raczej nie, mysle.

“I’m going to go on working..Tony says he would hate a wife who was just a vegetable”
(1961 Dawson Ha-Ha iii. 48)”

Under the heading “Gradience between one and two verb phrases ...when a semi-auxiliary
or a catenative verb occurs in the string of verbs...”

Ah, screw that grammar ..:)
Cytat: terri
'On' (zle slowo, poszukaj odpowiednie) the weekend I'm going 'to' (niepotr) not only read a book but also play on (brak cos) computer. Apart from that, I'm going to 'leave' (to jest zle slowo) to (brak cos) club with my friends. 'Surely' (wg mnie to slowo tutaj nie pasuje) I'm not going to spend my time with parents

W AmE on the weekend is correct.
Cytat: terri
*Surely I'm not going to spend my time with parents.
Surely tutaj calkowicie nie pasuje, ten wyraz przekazuje ironie smiania sie w glosie.
To nie zawsze jest odpowiednik polskiego 'na pewno' - jak chcemy uzyc jakiegos slowa, ktorego dobrze nie znamy, to warto zformulowac sobie pare zdan z uzyciem jego w jez. polskim, a wtedy przetlumaczyc to na ang.
np.
1. Na pewno pojdziesz do kina jutro?
2. Surely you will go to the flicks tomorrow? PO ang. calkowicie inne konotacje.
3. Czy wiesz to napewno?
4. *Do you know this surely?
5. Chyba wiesz ze ona juz z nim nie mieszka. Surely, you know that...

A co mialo byc w tym zdaniu to...It is clear that I will not... By this, I will not...

Comments please.

You use surely when:
(a)you are almost certain about what you are saying and you want other people to agree with you: Surely this can’t be right?
(b) in negative sentences shows that something surprises you and you do not want to believe it: You’re surely not thinking of going, are you?

Compare surely z certainly:

Certainly usually means ‘without doubt’ or ‘definitely’, and is used to show that you strongly believe something or to emphasize that something is really true:
I’ll certainly remember this trip! In informal North American English this would be: I’ll sure remember this trip!
Compare: The meal was certainly too expensive (= that's the fact it was)
The meal was surely too expensive? (= that is only my opinion).

Surely jest subiektywne, nie zawsze musi oznaczać ,,na pewno", jak słusznie terri powiedziała. Zdaniem podmiotu tak jest, choć nie musi.
Certainly mówi o rzeczywistym, obiektywnym stanie rzeczy.
edytowany przez grudziu: 28 lut 2012
MG: prawda ze w Anglii mowia AT. W USA i Kanadzie mowi sie ON.

I'm not a fan of the British version. "at" has no connotation of duration; a weekend has duration, it's not like saying: "I will arrive at 4 o'clock". It smacks of colloquiallism: the Australians have a similar verbal construct: "good on you",(congratulatory), instead of the semantically correct "good for you".
>"at" has no connotation of duration; a weekend has duration,

And so you shun 'at night' in favour of 'during the night', like always, right?
English, like any other language, has its quirks.
Does any one say "at day"?
Cytat: pierdolonymous
English, like any other language, has its quirks.

and 'at the weekend' is a good example of that.
Cytat:
NIGDY nie mowi sie: AT the weekend.

Cytat:
MG: prawda ze w Anglii mowia AT.

Doczytałeś, eh?
@pd: you can think of the weekend as the whole, not in terms of duration; then at will make sense.
Cytat: pakk
Cytat:
NIGDY nie mowi sie: AT the weekend.

Cytat:
MG: prawda ze w Anglii mowia AT.

Doczytałeś, eh?

Sounds like a 'monday morning quaterback' who did it ( what they usually do ) on Wednesday.
missed 'r'
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-43 z 43
| następna

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie