Rise & Lift

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 67
poprzednia |
Jaka jest roznica miedzy slowem "rise" a "lift"? Czy np. lift your hands jest tak samo poprawne jak rise your hands i to samo oznacza?
My teacher always says : "rise your hands" if there is something we don't understand.
"lift your hands" means that your hands are on something rather than something is kept in the air,
for instance: please lift your hands off your knees and put them on your shoulder

"Lift" indicates "a mechanical force". When you use "lift" (instead "rise") referring to your body parts that implies that it took a lot of effort.

On the whole, though "lift" and "rise" are synonymous when they mean "move upwards", they have other meanings that don't overlap.
edytowany przez grudziu: 20 mar 2012
rise = podnieść się
raise = podnieść
rAise your hands
Cytat: mg
rise = podnieść się
raise = podnieść
rAise your hands

IT doesn't tell her much. The difference between "rise your hands" and "lift your hands" is quite subtle, but there is some...that I tried to explain.
i.e., let's look closely at the following sentence: hmnn... after not sleeping all night, I could barely lift myself out of bed.

To my way of thinking, it would be "bizarre" a bit, to use "raise" here. I may be wrong, though.
Posłuchaj:
rise = podnieść się
raise = podnieść (coś)
Mówi się
raise your hands
szkoda, że nawet takich błędów nie widzisz.

mozna powiedzieć raise your hands albo lift your hands, nie ma tu wiekszej róznicy znaczenia.
nauczyciel w szkole powie raise your hands
Posłuchaj:
rise = podnieść się
raise = podnieść (coś)
Mówi się
raise your hands
szkoda, że nawet takich błędów nie widzisz.

mozna powiedzieć raise your hands albo lift your hands, nie ma tu wiekszej róznicy znaczenia.
nauczyciel w szkole powie raise your hands

She asked us to give the difference between them...so I don't get your post at all.
Nie mówi się rise your hands do cholery.
Nadal kompromitujesz sie publicznie

Wiem!!! Zjadłem "a" tam po prostu, kolego. Potem nie mogłem edytować, jak zauważyłem, więc nie przeżywaj. Cały dzień ,,jestem na chodzie" to mam prawo się pomylić...
A na Twoje "kompromitujesz się ciągle" I'II write back "in a subjunctive way": judge not, lest you be judged.
Cytat: grudziu
My teacher always says : "rise your hands" if there is something we don't understand.
"lift your hands" means that your hands are on something rather than something is kept in the air,
for instance: please lift your hands off your knees and put them on your shoulder

"Lift" indicates "a mechanical force". When you use "lift" (instead "rise") referring to your body parts that implies that it took a lot of effort.

On the whole, though "lift" and "rise" are synonymous when they mean "move upwards", they have other meanings that don't overlap.

p.s. oczywiście tam, gdzie napisałem "rise" powinno być "raise"...

weary too much...
Do you know that they are pronounced differently? Just checking...
Cytat: eva74
Do you know that they are pronounced differently? Just checking...

don't degrade me so much.... Against all appearances, and like mg - an erudite person would say, I am not SO backward . The true is that I gave a really nice explanation to the difference between these two phrases, such as: "RAISE YOUR HAND" and "LIFT YOUR HANDS". They are not entirely the same in meaning. I have not got the slightest notion why I wrote : "rise you hands", perhaps I am a visualizer...
Who is a visualiser?
A visualizer is the other words a visual learner. Visualizers rely on the sense of sight. When they can't understand something, they usually say: "show me and I'II understand". Before apprehension must come visualization, otherwise the subjects of mind will not be etched on their mind. Something like that.
so if you're a visualiser, you would have an eye for spelling.
To expand on the idea a little more, when we were children and learned how to count, we used to be exemplars of visual learnes. Namely, we did not dispose such an enhanced ability to abstraction which would enable us to count things without any "visible helps" in the shape of material things, that's why at the beginning we could not go without, let's say, an abacus or colourful sticks.
okey, you're right, but you should not have held my misspelling over my head, sometimes when I "attach" my post here, an erroneous one, I can't make it correct if I notice it.
The matter with me is: I am a little hot-blooded, writing a phrase like "a bat out of hell", instead think first. I don't consider it innocuous. Actually, I am crawling in English.

mg, nie wierzę, że powiedziałeś 'do cholery' :) :)
Cytat: iwonabp

widzę, że GRUDZIU jest jak moja mama ... ja o jednym, a Ona o czymś całkiem innym

Nie powiedziałem. Napisałem.
Pozdrowionko, Iwonko!

I've got a shrewd idea that mg is an even-tempered guy, that figures from what you said here.

Nie powiedziałem. Napisałem.
Pozdrowionko, Iwonko!

You may be a shrewd judge of character;)

widzę, że GRUDZIU jest jak moja mama ... ja o jednym, a Ona o czymś całkiem innym

Your mom and you are worlds apart, perhaps.
W ramach bezinteresownej poprawy, I have taken the liberty of correcting your post - so that you can learn something from it - ;)-
'okey' (popraw), you're right, but you should not have held my misspelling over my head, sometimes when I "attach" my post here, an erroneous one, I can't 'make it correct' (popraw) (tu cos brakuje) if I notice it.
The matter with me is THAT: I am a little hot-blooded, writing a phrase like "a bat out of hell", instead (tu cos brak) 'think' (zle slowo) first.
Actually, I am 'crawling in English' (ciekawe?)
Juz wszystko wiem. Dziekuje wam za wyjasnienia.
Cytat: terri
W ramach bezinteresownej poprawy, I have taken the liberty of correcting your post - so that you can learn something from it - ;)-
'okey' (popraw), you're right, but you should not have held my misspelling over my head, sometimes when I "attach" my post here, an erroneous one, I can't 'make it correct' (popraw) (tu cos brakuje) if I notice it.
The matter with me is THAT: I am a little hot-blooded, writing a phrase like "a bat out of hell", instead (tu cos brak) 'think' (zle slowo) first.
Actually, I am 'crawling in English' (ciekawe?)

don't hypercorrect me, just correct.
Cytat: grudziu
okey, you're right, but you should not have held my misspelling over my head, sometimes when I "attach" my post here, an erroneous one, I can't make it correct if I notice it.
The matter with me is [THAT]: I am a little hot-blooded, writing a phrase like "a bat out of hell", instead to think first. I don't consider it innocuous. Actually, I am "crawling in English".

The post infers that I'M making stupid "errors", YET my English is doggy's, but the people that I'm getting on with don't think like that. There's a lot of work in front of me, but I am on the good track to the aim. Having said that "I was crawling in English" I meant I hAD been learning English since recently.
nothwithstanding (sounds tooooooo formal here!), thanks for effort put into it.
edytowany przez grudziu: 21 mar 2012
instead to think first? Który angielski uniwersytet tak naucza?

Przecież to błąd na poziomie na oko ~lower intermediate
Cytat: pakk
instead to think first? Który angielski uniwersytet tak naucza?

Przecież to błąd na poziomie na oko ~lower intermediate

haha. right! If I said it during the lecture, my lecturer would "swat" me into my "slaphead" or just chuck. heh. student's bashes:). am giving the honours back...
That's the "flaw" on the nursery level.

I've heard on TV, the sentence like : "She didn't say anything, preferring instead to save her reproaches..." and it stuck on my messy and weary mind.
edytowany przez grudziu: 21 mar 2012
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 67
poprzednia |

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie