różnica między regret having said,regret saying, regret to say

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Bardzo prosze o wyjaśnienie na czym polega róznica.z góry dziękuje
I regret not looking after my father when he was ill.
He regrets not having agreed to go to the weeding.
I regret to inform you that your aplication in unseccessful.
regret (not) doing sth - past, żałujesz czegoś, czego zrobiłeś/nie zrobiłeś w przeszłości
regret to do sth - present

I regret to inform - z przykrością informuje, że; przykro mi poinformować, że..
#3 jest w formie imieslow czynny dokonany /ale sie zbytnio wysililem bo sam nie wiem co napisalem:)/
i to było #2 :-)
to jaka jest roznica miedzy:
regret having said a regret saying?
regret having said = z zalem powiedziawszy /jezeli taka forma istnieje w polskim/, regret saying = zaluje mowiac
Bym powiedzial ze 'having said' ma znaczenie uprzedniosci do regret.
Zaluje ze powiedzialem ( powiedzialem to wczesniej a zaluje teraz) .To jest perfect gerund

Natomiast 'regret saying' moze miec takie same znaczenie jak wyzej' ale do tego mozna dodac
znaczenie ' przykro mi to powiedziec, zaluje ze musze to powiedziec ..

present gerund moze miec wszystkie trzy znaczenia w zaleznosci od kontekstu ;
anteriority, simultaneity or posteriority

perfect gerund raczej tylko to pierwsze. To sa formy niefinitywne przeciez.
edytowany przez savagerhino: 19 kwi 2012
"having said" implies a longer time ago than "saying". The Perfect gerund is superfluous in a way here, because "regret saying" bears the past meaning, for natives there is no ambiguity at all, though at times the meaning of the perfect gerund might have a differring connotation, I can't put my finger on it now, when it is so, I shall think...
Cytat: savagerhino
Natomiast 'regret saying' moze miec takie same znaczenie jak wyzej' ale do tego mozna dodac
znaczenie ' przykro mi to powiedziec, zaluje ze musze to powiedziec ..

Nie, to jest 'regret to say sth'
Nie, to jest 'regret to say sth'

Tak, zle to ujalem. Nawet nie gralo mi cos jak to pisalem.

@grudziu

I know what you're talking about. The question is did you know about it ?

>The Perfect gerund is superfluous in a way here, because "regret saying" bears the past
meaning..

Where ? I don't see here any situational context or examples with 'regret having said/saying' but only asker's general " to jaka jest roznica miedzy: regret having said a regret saying?"

>>perfect gerund might have a differring connotation

Of course , 'it might have ..' I made it quite clear.

>"having said" implies a longer time ago than "saying".

Where did you copy this from ?

From here ?
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=585979

What are the odds there are two identical sentences coming from two different persons on the same subject ?

Sav@
>The Perfect gerund is superfluous in a way here, because "regret saying" bears the past
meaning..

You pick holes in my words, as usual that I got accustomed to.

>>Where did you copy this from ? From here ?
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=585979

Yep, I did. I searched high and low to get more information about this, and I agreed with that sentence, which I cut and pasted here. We've not discussed that structure as yet.
I am not the be-all...
edytowany przez grudziu: 19 kwi 2012
>>Yep, I did. I searched high and low to get more information ..

I know. That sounded too good as for you. That's why. And you would've put it 'all by yourself' in the first place ( I guess), if you knew.

>You pick holes in my words, as usual that I got accustomed to.

No, you know that this is not true. You know that I like you, don't you ? :)
>>>I know. That sounded too good as for you. That's why. And you would've put it 'all by yourself' in the first place ( I guess), if you knew
What a psychological analysis of the thoughts! <take a bow:D>
>>>No, you know that this is not true. You know that I like you, don't you ? :)
Your airs and pomposity don't go hand in hand with what you're saying here:D, yeah, you love meej:D
...airs and pomposity ?
Oj ,grudziu, grudzu

Such words are not in my vocabulary. I don't even know what they mean. Maybe you meant sarcasm and satire ?

...airs and pomposity ?
Oj ,grudziu, grudzu

Such words are not in my vocabulary. I don't even know what they mean. Maybe you meant sarcasm and satire ?

Airs + pomposity = you think you're the cat's pyjamas. That's what gives best meaning of that.
I doubt it you don't know the meaning of them. I'd rather you finished with this silly game, similar to a game of a cat and mouse.
Honestly? Your linguistics skills OUTDO more then one native speaker.

I thought it's more than two, too bad. But if YOU say so , I believe you. Because I know what you're capable of.
I thought it's more than two, too bad. But if YOU say so , I believe you. Because I know what you're capable of.

Actually, you don't know a bloody thing about me, and vicky-verky.
I'm sorry, grudziu, really, but just this last time.
I didn't quite get it. I mean this 'cat's pyjamas' or whatever it might mean.
But just to make it clear. I don't have pajams, ok. I sleep bare-assed because my wife want me to.
>>>'because my wife wantS me to". Does she? you don't say. She's right, an arse needs to be aired, though a pair of boxer shorts is welcome.
after 'you don't say' is an exclamationn mark (I don't want you to 'misunderstand' me again.
Or maybe there's another meaning. I mean that my cat has pajamas ? I need to ask the tabby if he wears one.
Cytat: grudziu
after 'you don't say' is an exclamationn mark (I don't want you to 'misunderstand' me again.

How come ? I wouldn't even dare.
Or maybe there's another meaning. I mean that my cat has pajamas ? I need to ask the tabby if he wears one.

You're good at heavy irony. What's eating you? Does something eat your heart out about sth?
gold coins prices, unfortunately :)
Wait, I almost forgot but this will be the last one , I promise.
There are also beef ( done rare ), pork, bacon and nicely roasted ribs with cheese. These things are eating me out like hell because I can’t eat them. I guess that would be all.
Ok. That's the nice, if, evasive answer.
I just felt like I needed to tell the truth.
The only problem is that I've not got the faintest notion when I'm to be serious about your 'screed' and when not. On the Internet I've got a slim chance of figuring it out.
I lied.... that it would be all.

There’s something else. Here : http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/new_low_blow_VCZSU5Mmdn2nzzkLPMIR4H

I can’t belive this happened. I just can’t. The best of the best, I would say ‘the elite’, got themselves into such mess.
How was that even possible ? Have they gone completely crazy ? Cocaine, booze, and Colombian hookers.
And then shtupping and blowing stuff on an MP4 barrel all night long ? This is unbelievable to me.
They say, even the president’s counter assault team was involved.
Some started calling it a 'hookergate' already.

>when I'm to be serious about

Always. It wouldn't be right to hurt people's feelings, would it ?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

»

Pomoc językowa