Pomoc w czasach

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-44 z 44
| następna
so you still maintain that you cannot say I learnt English for two years :?
Listen, the verb 'learn' here combined with the direct object 'English' is 'extremely' telic.
It has no duration whatsoever. Don't you get it? The iterative meaning doesn't apply here.
That's why you would use in-thing, or a verb' study' with a for-phrase, or a 'learn' in PPC with a for-phrase.

p.s. I can see the context though where 'learn' can be used with for-adverbials.
edytowany przez savagerhino: 10 wrz 2012
Cytat: savagerhino
p.s. I can see the context though where 'learn' can be used with for-adverbials.

I know - I've provided you with one already in this thread :P
No, you did not.
so how come you can think of a context in which learn could actually be used with the adverbial phrase for - you declined such usage before?
Hint, dummy - you change the direct object to a bare plural.

>>used with the adverbial phrase for - you declined such usage before?

and this shows exactly what you usually do - you run off at the mouth before you even open it.
but you cannot do that with the noun English, can you?
Why don't you ask your warehouse buddies about it?
well, they sometimes speak the language that is not proper for educational purposes, I'm afraid to say :(
Why don't you ask then some four-eyes professor 'from the trenches'?
Engee, tak sobie myslalem i zastanawiam sie dlaczego ty nie mozesz tego zrozumiec i dochodze do wniosku ze oprocz swojej niekompetencji , ty jestes troche tepowaty z natury, mam racje? Bez obrazy.
you don't seem to be getting one important thing - you've been trying to reject something that can be found in any good English dictionary (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/scrape-by-along?q=scrape+by#scrape-by-along__2), which is perfectly correct
I'm afraid you've got yourself invloved in a crusade that will have no good outcome for your part in this debate
Well, it’s a miracle you‘ve gotten this far. I read this already.
This is always the case with you. When all else fails and when you cannot prove your point, you mix it up pretty ugly and everybody thinks’ oh yeah, he knows something..

This is completely different, the meaning here is ' I've TRIED to learn Spanish ..
and another thing , it's modified. It always affects the meaning.
Cytat: savagerhino
This is completely different, the meaning here is ' I've TRIED to learn Spanish ..
and another thing , it's modified. It always affects the meaning.

If the meaning was I've tried to learn Spanish..., it would have been I've tried to learn Spanish...
you just can't seem to get it :(
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-44 z 44
| następna