Past Perfect vs Past Perfect Continuous

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
mam do wstawienia be a local curse/ give her such a fright/ sleep on the ground/ pile up some wood/ have the first warm meal / walk for some time/ live there for ages/make for the trp/ hope to find/ listen to it for some time i toma byc w Past perfect i past perfect continuous, prosze o sprawdzenie wsyzstkiego nie udało mi sie zobic, ale prosiłbym o sprawdzenie tego co jest z góry dzieki

they 1 when Mary suggested having a short break. She
gave the others some sandwiches she 2 had been having the first warm meal. . Everyone
agreed they needed to find a suitable place to spend the night and after a couple of minutes they set out again. Going down the slope, they noticed a lonely cottage on the edge of the forest. John knocked on the heavy, wooden door, but there was no answer. Then he pushed it open. The door opened noiselessly and they
went inside. The interior looked messy, as if no one had lived for ages
but offered much more than they 4 . There was a table
with two chairs, a small fireplace and a huge mirror that took up the whole wall. There wasn't a bed, but the wooden floor was better in any event than the wet and cold forest ground. They quickly made themselves as comfortable as it was possible. Paul
lit a fire, which was very easy because someone had piled up some wood nextto the fireplace. After they had beem walking for some time that day, everybody settleddown for a rest. Exhausted and weary, they quickly fell asleep. However, they were all awakened in the middle of the night by an unpleasant scratching sound. Helen told them that she had been listening to it for some time but was too scared to go and check it out. Peter andGeorge decided to see what was going on. But as soon as they put on the torches, Mary screamed. She pointed at the mirror.
When they all looked at it, they realised what had given such a fright . They
could see a reflection of themselves in the mirror, but of nothing else. It looked as if they were standing in the rniddle of nothing. When the girls stopped screaming, they quickly grabbed their things to leave the house immediately but the heavy, wooden door wouldn't open. Scared to death, they decided to keep their torches on and stay awake till dawn. It wasnt long before they all felt oddly lethargic and fell into a heavy, dreamless sleep. When they woke up, it must have been around midday as the sun was shining straight above them. They looked around and saw they
had been sleeping on the ground , with all their things arranged in the same way as in the
house. Later that day, when they finally reached a village and told
the people about the cottage, they were told that this cottage
had been a local curse for decades.
Mary dała wszystkim kanapki, które... Co niby?
Cytat:
The interior looked messy, as if no one had lived for ages
but offered much more than they 4 .
Jedna z mozliwosci pasuje tutaj zeby zdanie bylo kompletne.
edytowany przez fui_eu: 22 paź 2012
ups cos mi tez to nie pasuje:)
1, 2 i 4 nie wiedziałem,
reszty tez nie jesrtem do konca pewny.
prosze o sprawdzenie i podpowiedz jakas:)
No chyba dała kanapki, które ZROBIŁA BYŁA NA WYCIECZKE ? Czy to takie trudne?
1. had been walking for some time
2. had made for the trip
4, had hoped to find
tak?

Cytat:
No chyba dała kanapki, które ZROBIŁA BYŁA NA WYCIECZKE ? Czy to takie trudne?

może dla mnie tak ;/
jescze mam zakreslic poprawna odpowiedz
nie jestem pewny co do
1. They had done/ had been doing a lot of work to prepare for the coming season.
2. she was astonished to hear how many exercises we had done/ had been doing.
3. he was awfully dirty when he got home. he had worked/had been working in the garden all afternoon--- tu wybrałem PPC ponieważ wskazuje nam czas all afternoon, choc wiem, że czasowniki takie jak work i live nie mają żadnej różnicy, obojetne jest to którego "czasu" uzyjemy tak?
Cytat: ethan123
jescze mam zakreslic poprawna odpowiedz
nie jestem pewny co do
1. They had done/ had been doing a lot of work to prepare for the coming season.
2. she was astonished to hear how many exercises we had done/ had been doing.
3. he was awfully dirty when he got home. he had worked/had been working in the garden all afternoon--- tu wybrałem PPC ponieważ wskazuje nam czas all afternoon, choc wiem, że czasowniki takie jak work i live nie mają żadnej różnicy, obojetne jest to którego "czasu" uzyjemy tak?

W 1 HAD DONE bo w zamysle chodzi o stwierdzenie faktu.
2 to co w 1.
W 3 koniecznie PPC, poniewaz chodzi o przyczynę zaistniałej sytuacji.
1 jezeli skoczyli juz przygotowania, to HAD DONE. jezeli byli w trakcie przygotowan to HAD BEEN DOING
Cytat:
jezeli skoczyli juz przygotowania, to HAD DONE. jezeli byli w trakcie przygotowan to HAD BEEN DOING

tego chyba nikt nie wie:) trzeba sie ich zapytać :P czyli 2 odp sa poprawne?
1 to wynika z kontekstu
2 i 3 sa poprawne
a np
tu
The interior looked messy, as if no one had lived /had been living for ages
but offered much more than they. tu poprawne sa 2 odpowiedzi. tak?
The interior looked messy, as if no one had lived there for ages.

Raczej Past Perfect bo stwierdzamy sam fakt i mamy skutek "looked messy"
edytowany przez argazedon: 28 paź 2012
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia