Complete the compound words.

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Complete the compound words. Choose from the ones below. There are more words than you need.

packed moving behaving witted assured raising making catching lasting blooded going headed breaking

1. I went to a restaurant with a really strange-…………sounded…………. Name last night.
2.It’s fine to take children to restaurants as long as they are well-………… behaved ………….
3.The committee is going to have to make some far-……… reaching ……………. Decisions in their next meeting
4.Jake is very narrow-………… minded …………. He finds it hard to accept new ideas.
5.Luckily, the teaches was quick-………thinking……………. And got all the children out of the room before the fire spread.
6.The store had an eye–……………………. Window display, which attracted many customers.
7.The best thing about visiting my grandmother are here home-………… made …………. Cakes.
8.I was so scared, the film was hair-……… sounding …………….!
9.This book was a bit too light-……… … hearted …………. For me. I prefer something more serious.
10.I took me ages to make that dish, it was a really time-………… consuming …………. Recipe.
Jednego nie rozumiem. Masz dodane w zdaniach wyrazy ktore nie figuruja w poleceniu.
Bo te które użyłam, to wykreśliłam, oto pełna lista ;)

minded
packed
moving
consuming
hearted
reaching
behaved
behaving
sounded
sounding
thinking
witted
assured
raising
making
made
catching
lasting
blooded
headed
going
breaking
1, 6, 8 sa zle
1. sounding?
6. catching ?
8. raising?
Right.
Choose suitable words to complete the gaps.

Illegal
law-abiding
invasion
surveillance
monitor
unethical
sensible
log
hand over
outrageous
speed cameras
inevitable
keep track of
accountable for
deterrent
disturbing
microchips
number plate recognition
follow
justifiable
inoffensive
film
CCTV cameras

1.When I work on a painting I never ………… surveillance …………. The time which drives my wife crazy
2.Buying an essay from the Internet and saying you wrote it is totally ………… unethical ………….
3.Are the fines working a/an ……… inevitable ……………. To crime?
4.Ale full body scanners at airports a/an ………… disturbing …………. Of privacy?
5.Is it ever ……… inoffensive ……………. To kill someone?
6. ……… sensible ……………. Citizens who drive safely have nothing to fear from speed cameras.
7.I found the programme about child beauty competitions slightly ………… law-abiding ………….
8.One system of identifying a car is ……… number plate recognition …………….
9.To ……… monitor ……………. Is to make a systematic official record of events.
10.Hunting elephants is ………… Illegal …………. But hunting deer is allowed, if you have permit.
11.You are ………… accountable for …………. Something then you are responsible for it.
12.How ………… justifiable …………. Is it to buy medicine over the internet from someone you don’t know?
13.We’re going to try this new treatment and we’ll ………… film …………. Your progress carefully.
14.I hate being watched by all the cameras in the city. It’s all part of the growing ………… deterrent …………. Society.
15.It was absolutely ………… outrageous …………. That the workers were told about their job losses by text message.

8,10, 11 i BYC MOZE 14 masz dobrze.
Czyli reszta jest źle?
Moim zdaniem, tak.

Edit: wlacznie z 14.
edytowany przez fui_eu: 29 sty 2013
2 ok, 14 nie, 15 ok
I concur re. 2 and 15.
deterrent to crime
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»