Participle clauses with adverbial meaning - ambiguities

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hello :)

Studying participle clauses, I've got confused about differences between -ing, -ed and having + ed clauses. I know usage but sometimes I'm not sure whether I use proper clause or not.

1.Here are examples:

Given sentence: As she was a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.

My guess: Being a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.

But here comes doubt: What about having + ed?

Having been a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.

My coursebook says that past participle can be used to describe relatively long action compared to that in main clause. I think it works here: she had been a nurse for years(long period of time) that's why she knew what to do(in a sudden need).

Howewer, in this similar exapmle 'He had spent his childhood in Oslo so he knew the city well' I would rewrite it with having + ed 'Having spent his childhood in Oslo, he knew the city well'.

What about 'She didn't know where the theatre was, so she asked for directions at the hotel reception' I would say 'Not knowing...'

All in all, I guess I can use both. Is there a difference in meaning depending on using of -ing or having + ed?

2. Does -ed clause refer only to a past event described in a passive voice? Is difference between -ed and -ing the same as between Past Simple and Contionus(I mean that they used to depict, the former a short action, the latter a long action).

Thakns in advance.

having been entails that she no longer was a nurse at the time.
having spent
not knowing
Only like that.

ed vs ing is passive vs active, not Simple vs Continuous
Okay, thank you mg! I think I get it now.
Actually, I stumbled on this sentence and I'm again a bit confused.

Having parked the car...., I walked the rest of the way. It implies a relation between parking car and walking the rest of the way. I would choose that.

But could I say 'After parking the car'? Does preceding -ing with after make the meaning of the sentence exactly the same as having parked?
after parking the car = having parked the car in this context
of course it's only my opinion, let's wait for Mg! :)
having parked = after parking = after having parked
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.