Gramatyka angielska - czasy Past i Perfect

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam, Czy moglabym prosic o pomoc? - pytanie jest takie - mam 6 cwiczen dotyczących wyzej wymienionych czasów, są dla mnie trudne, czy są do nich gdzies odpowiedzi? To bardzo wazne, mam je na jutro na godzine 8. Z góry dziekuje:). pozdrawiam
Emilka
A o to cwiczenia:
Exercise 2 [Chalker]
Past simple or present perfect?

Agatha Miller (be born) on 15 September 1890 in Torquay in south west England. Better known as Mrs Agatha Christie, she (2 write) altogether 78 mystery novels and 19 plays. Very few other crime writers (3 write) more books than this, and few (4 become) so immensely popular. Ever since she (5 publish) her first novel, The Mysterious Affairs at Styles in 1920, her books (6 never be) out of print. They (7 be translated) all over the world, and, perhaps surprisingly, her sales (8 actually increase) since she (9 die) in 1976, for a short time after her death they (10 fall) so it was perhaps the screen that (11 revive) her popularity. Two immensely successful films (12 be made) a few years ago, Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient Express, and these (13 more recently be followed) by television series, which (14 bring) two of her most successful detectives, the Belgian Hercule Poirot and the elderly English lady Miss Marple, to millions of viewers. In 1990, the centenary of her birth, her birthplace Torquay (15 honour) her memory with a special 'mystery festival' ? good publicity for the town of course. In 1992 a London theatre (16 be) able to boast: The Mousetrap, now in its 40th year, (17 break) all records.' There is now even a rose that (18 be named) after her. People (19 enjoy) Agatha Christie's story-telling for years, and her popularity currently seems higher than it (20 ever be) It is not of course- the first time that an author (21 become) more popular in death than in life.

Exercise 3 [Graver]
Rewrite the sentences, using the past simple tense for one of the verbs in each example, and the present perfect tense for the remaining verbs.

More people (buy) properties abroad since exchange controls (abolish?passive).
The students' work (show) a striking improvement since the new teacher (take over) the class.
Since British Rail (introduce) its new fares structure, more people (take) to travelling by train.
Since I (make) my report last year, there (be) a steady improvement in the Company's trading position. The performance of our overseas branch, which now (establish?passive) for five years, (be) particularly encouraging.
Since the last survey (make?passive) conditions (change) considerably.
Since the new law (introduce?passive), the flow of foreign workers into the country (reduce?passive) to a trickle.
The number of unofficial strikes in the factory (go down) dramatically since the new system of incentives (institute?passive).
The railways in Britain (be) under State control since they (nationalize?passive) in 1948.
The new manager (have) many problems to solve since he (take over) six months ago.
Output of vehicles (rise) to 1 million in 1984, since when it (remain) fairly static.

Exercise 4 [Close]

1. I (know) Miss Huggins for several years. I (read) her latest novel, but I (not/ finish) it yet.
2. This is the third time you (be) here. What exactly (you come) for now?
3. John (learn) English for several years, and at last he (master) the irregular verbs.
4. It (rain) but it (stop) now.
5. I (remember) his name. It's Convington.
6. Someone (eat) my chocolates. There are only six left.
7. What are those people looking at? What (happen)?
8. I (wait) here for an hour. What (you do)?
9. Someone (eat) all my chocolates. The box is empty.
10. (you/ finish) the newspaper yet? You (read) it for over an hour.

Exercise 5 [Graver]

Complete the sentences with the simple or progressive form of the present perfect tense of the verbs in brackets.

I (write) the letter, so perhaps you would post it for me.
For the last two years, he (write) a history of the Civil War.
A: What you (do) for the last half hour?
B: I (sit) here working at this problem.
We always (live) in a bungalow, so it will seem strange when we move into a house.
How you (keep)? Well, I hope.
You look very upset. What (happen)?
He shouldn't drive this evening. He (drink).
I'd better not drive. I already (drink) quite a lot
The meat must be nearly ready. It (cook) for nearly an hour.
You (not finish) that book yet? You (read) it for more than a week.
I wonder if John (forget) my number. I (expect) him to call for the past two hours.
I'm sorry we're late. You (wait) long?
A: How long (know) you the truth?
B: I only just (find out), but I (find out) a lot of other things just recently.

Exercise 6 [Graver]

Rewrite the sentences, using the imperative or a future form in one clause, and the present perfect in the other.

I (let) you know as soon as I (finish).
(Not start) on Section 2 until you (complete) all the questions in Section 1.
(Not make up) your mind until you (have) a chance to give the matter some thought.
I (be) ready for some lunch by the time I (finish) digging the garden.
We're going to Scotland next summer. It (be) the first time we (spend) a holiday there.
You (get) used to our methods when you (work) here a bit longer. And once you (get) used to our methods, you (find) the job a lot easier.
The builders (start) work as soon as the plans (approve?passive).
He (make) a very fine tennis player when he (have) a little more competitive experience.
As soon as we (thrash out) this problem we (be able) to go ahead.
Please (not smoke) until after the plane (take off).
Powtórz sobie w jakich sytuacjach używamy dane czasy i spróbuj sama odrobić ćwiczenia.

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie