placing a relative clause

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Usually the use of nonrestrictive that shows that a writer has muddled what he has wanted to set down, as in the following example from a serious article:

> One of the most important recent developments in neutral hydrogen studies of our Galaxy has been the discovery of high velocities in the centre and in regions away from the plane, that I have mentioned.

Despite the comma - and the corresponding prosodic separation if this is read aloud (a separation that is essential if plane were not to be thought the antecedent head) - it seems likely that the writer originally wanted the relative clause to be restrictive, as it could readily have been if placed earlier:

> ... has been the discovery that I have mentioned of high velocities ...

However, this position of the relative clause violates the rule that prepositional phrases precede relative clauses as postmodifiers, producing a rhetorically unacceptable sentence.

Autorzy nie podają przykładu przekształconego zdania, w którym te relative clause byłoby użyte prawidłowo. Czy mam rozumieć, że nie da się tutaj użyć relative clause? Czy można wstawić aforementioned przed discovery?
Czy to
>
nie jest właśnie przykładem prawidłowo przekształconego zdania?

aforementioned ok, ale to już jest trochę przestarzałe moim zdaniem
Według autorów przekształcone zdanie:
... has been the discovery that I have mentioned of high velocities ...
nie jest prawidłowe ponieważ ono "violates the rule that prepositional phrases precede relative clauses as postmodifiers"
ok, nie zrozumiałem tekstu po however
Jedynie co chyba może pasować to:
One of the most important recent developments in neutral hydrogen studies of our Galaxy has been the discovery of high velocities in the centre and in regions away from the plane, the discovery that I have mentioned.

A czym zastąpiłbyś aforementioned by nie brzmiało przestarzale? aforesaid, previously mentioned? To te 'afore-' jest przestarzałe, tak?
Ucięło część poprzedniego postu - wstawiłem tam emotikonkę i pokonałem system :-)
chciałem napisać, że na końcu można dać tylko non-restrictive

wersja z dodaniem discovery jest taka niezgrabna stylistycznie wg mnie.

'previously mentioned' jest już lepsze.
aforesaid - zbyt poważne, prawnicze, nie w takim artykule
Psuja! :)
Dziękuję
...has been the said discovery of....
Dziekuje
Dear Natalia,
We want to thank you for the fact that we had a chance to work together. We wish you all the best in your new job. May you always be surrounded by good people because you are wonderful, honest and true We wish you a lot of health and love in your private life. All the best
Dear Natalia,
We want to thank you for the fact that we had a chance to work together. We wish you all the best in your new job. May you always be surrounded by good people because you are wonderful, honest and true We wish you a lot of health and love in your private life. All the best.
Czy ja to dobrze przetłumaczyłam?
...for having had a chance...
reszta wygląda ok.
Cytat: mg
...for having had a chance...

ja bym napisala opportunity
“a lot of health” Poglish? ;-)
Cytat: Aaric
“a lot of health” Poglish? ;-)

masz racje, jeszcze mi sie tak srednio podoba "private life"
>>We wish you a lot of health and love in your private life.
We wish you health, happiness and love in your life.
How about ?

Dear Natalia,
We are thankful for having had the opportunity to work with you. We wish you all the best in your new job. May you always be surrounded by good people because you are wonderful, honest and true. We wish you happiness and all the best in the years ahead. You will be missed!
edytowany przez chippy: 21 kwi 2023
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.