It's the first time...

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Wiem, że mówi się "It's the first time I've done sth." o czynności, którą wykonało się pierwszy raz.

Moje pytanko:

Mogę powiedzieć np. "It's the first time I'm playing golf." podczas wykonywania tej czynności po raz pierwszy?
Consider these two structures:

1) This is the first time I've done something.
2) This is the first time I'm doing something.

#1 is for when you have just completed the task/activity and it was the first time.

#2 is while the task/activity is still ongoing.

Either is fine, but they do not exactly mean the same thing. Time is the difference.
The post above is what I found by google. Can't find out if it is correct grammar or not, but the Present Continuous following "This is the first time etc" is used by native speakers very often.
"It's the first time I'm working here" - say to be not expected to do so much.
1) This is the first time I've done something.
2) This is the first time I'm doing something.

#1 is for when you have just completed the task/activity and it was the first time.

#2 is while the task/activity is still ongoing.

Blad. Prestent perfect nie sugeruje wcale zakonczenia czynnosci. This is the first time I've been to London oznacza, ze tam jestes!!! Present Progressive w drugim zdaniu to blad....
>the first time etc" is used by native speakers very often.
>"It's the first time I'm working here" - say to be not expected to do
>so much.

zostaw perfect, a dostaniesz 100% punktow; zmien na past simple, a
zostanie ci odjete 100% punktow za to zdanie
Mind you, 'common use' is not the same as the language taught at
school.
engee, ale ja nie pisałem tego postu z myślą o testach, tylko o codziennym języku :)
W codziennym jezyku tez uzyjesz PP.
>W codziennym jezyku tez uzyjesz PP.
Bang on, artur.

jak chcesz mowic tak jak piszesz, przemo, to staniesz sie czescia osob postrzeganych jako 'uneducated' :|
Codziennym jezyku:

I thought about the above sentence structure, and I (personally) don't use it. It sounds overly "structured" . It is not incorrect, just sounds a little formal.

Generally, I would use:

This is my first time golfing, visiting Poland, riding a horse, eating Japanese food.
>Generally, I would use:
>
>This is my first time golfing, visiting Poland, riding a horse, eating
>Japanese food.

That is perfect, too. But it is not so in: This is my first time I'm golfing/visiting Poland etc.
This is my first time I'm
>golfing/visiting Poland etc.

I didn't claim it was correct.

"This is my first time" ;) is a useful phrase to use and know.
>I didn't claim it was correct.

And I never claimed that you claimed that it was correct, actually.
Glupoty piszesz. Wpisz sobie w google "This is the first time I've" i zobaczysz, ze ta forma ma sie swietnie na wszelkiego rodzaju blogach, a cgyba nie podejrzewasz tam piszacych o formalizm jezykowy....
spoko. I in no way intimated that the previous "structures" were incorrect. Mostly, I wanted to respond to Przemo's initial question about "codziennym jezyku".

Of course the following structure is correct:
This is the first time I have (or I've) ever golfed, eaten Japanese food etc

I am in total agreement. Sometimes however, it is useful to "simplify" the spoken language. I subscribe to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid).

The phrase "this is my first time golfing" is a simpler structure, which conveys the intended meaning just as effectively.

Context is obviously important as well. I would most certainly "formalize" the use of my language depending on the situation. That's just common sense.
you seem to got it all wrong, engee never said that it was incorrect to use it that way. On the contrary
to do arturolczykowski
did I say so? I was referring to siuniab:

>I thought about the above sentence structure, and I (personally) don't use it. It sounds overly "structured" . It is not incorrect, just sounds a little formal.
He asks what in the world she's talking about, and she looks back at him with those huge eyes of hers as if this is something they agreed on long ago-doesn't he remember? No doubt it's the first time he's hearing of it, but that won't make any difference. He's done for. - John Biguenet, "Lunch with my daughter", The Southern Review, 1996

Then, just before lunch the day of the dinner, call back and say: " Hi, I have a reservation for tonight. My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary. It's the first time we're visiting, and we're really looking forward to it. So I just wanted to confirm. - Joe Kita, "That's Mr. Rodney to you.", Mens Health, 1995 (Oct)

No, for us, the joy of creating this music is that we can seduce a child at the same time that we can seduce an old person. We can seduce a person who knows a lot about music, and also someone can enjoy our music even if it's the first time they're discovering our type of music. - Lisa Simeone, "Interview: Denis Pean and Nico Kham Meslien discuss the music and travels of their band Lo'Jo", NPR_ATCW, 2002

Ok, to wyżej podaję 3 wiarygodne przykłady, które znalazłem odnośnie Present Progressive po "Tt's the first time".

Wszystkie wyszukane na "CORPUS OF CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN ENGLISH".

Nie wiem, jak sytuacja ma sięna Wyspach, ale z tego co widzę, to w USA taka forma jest bardzo rzadko stosowana i zastępowana głównie przez Present Perfect.
ja tylko powtorze to, o czym juz wspominalem - prescriptive grammar mowi o stosowaniu form perfect w takich przypadkach; descriptive grammar dopuszcza uzywanie innych form.
Jakkolwiek to przekazesz slownie czy pisemnie, zostaniesz zrozumiany; ale na zajeciach nie probuj stosowac innych form od tych z perfect.
Na zajęciach wg mnie to jeszcze pół biedy, byleby na testach i egzaminach tego nie stosować ;)
Poza tym, znajdując wiarygodne źródła w korpuie, utwierdzasz się w przekonaniu, że, w pewnych sytuacjach, możesz stosować różne formy. To czyni Cię światłym człowiekiem, bo nie zawężasz wiedzy tylko do tego, co mówią inni. Oby tak dalej.

A Engee swoje wie, choć czasem twardo stoi na gruncie zasianej w przeszłych latach wiedzy i zanim ustąpi lub pójdzie na ustępstwo, musi dużo zielonej wody upłynąć :) Fajnie by było, gdyby zajrzał do Polskich klasyków.
nie mam nic do korpusa - zauwaz jednak, ze oprocz poprawnych gramatycznie zdan, sa tam rowniez i niegramatyczne przyklady uzycia; korpus przedstawia jezyk w jego uzywanej formie, ale to nie sprowadza sie do pojecia poprawnosci :|
engee, przeczytaj moje posty ;)

już odróżniam gramatykę stosowaną od podręcznikowej ;)

Wiadomo, na egzaminach i testach tylko ta książkowa powinna być stosowana, ale w codziennej mowie można trochę na frywolność sobie pozwolić :)
to jeszcze trochę z gramtyki mówionej :)
Obejrzyj cały filmik, dostrzeżesz dwa czy trzy wyrażenia z różnymi czasami :)
Trzeba poszerzać horyzonty, nawet te gramatyczne.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa