Hello everyone

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 56
poprzednia |
Hello to all of you!
I'd like to do a kind of exchange.
I mean I want to write with you in English but in same time I want you to correct mistakes I may be doing ... who's intested?
Ciekawa Zycia
You don't need to exchange anything. Write in English and someone will correct your mistakes (if there are any). That is the only way to learn-
Maybe you're right. Just don't want to start another stupid topic...you know you can find text that sound as a piece of shit
you know you can find text that sound as a piece of shit - I don't get this comment, please explain. Also, please don't use obsenities on this forum - there are people under the age of 16 here and I wouldn't want them to think that this is ok for them to use.
Acc. I don't know if I understud you in the way you wanted me to do it.
I feel free to give my opinion isn't that the purpose of such a "forum" ?

Anyway, I've reading many text in here and I must say that some people write just to do sth. no sense in their text...sometimes it doesn't even have any sens...
That's why I don't want to write...hello bla bla bla (about for example about my new socks) and say check if it's O.K.?!

Do you get it now? Or not really?
Too many mistakes to undesrtand you utterly and completely well.
But that's not the case, the case is that you have to write as much as you can.
Even though you don't want to write about your socks or dresses and whatsoever.
Be nice and keep listening to people- especially natives like Terri who wants you to be more sensible of those who are under 16.

You may get a lot out of this forum but must obey some rules that are settled for people's sake.

Cheers!
Merix
That's why I wanted you to correct me...but it doesn't matter any more, I want to finish that conversation if you don't mind.

You gon't have to repy for this...just leave it!
What the fuck is wrong with fucking swearing? 16-year-olds are going to get on here and read fucking swear words? And then they're all going to run-the-fuck-off and fucking swear? You've got to be fucking kidding me. Kids hear so many fucking obscenities these days that it's absofuckingloutley fucking commonplace. Just look at your most average video game and you'll see a shitload of fucking obscenities. Come-the-fuck on. Don't crack a shit about the word shit. If anything, it's beneficial to a learner to learn swear words.

I'm gonna put myself on a mission to make "fire truck", or perhaps "garbage" an offically offensive word.
And terri, are you actually originally from an English-speaking country? Just interested.
what da fuck an idiot you really are!
Vanish!!
Feral Belcher,
My Dear young man - your post shows the extent of the maturity which you undoubtedly possess. Any moron can swear, but it takes someone with inteligence to construct sensible sentences. I can appreciate that you wish to impart on everyone the usage of swear words, and as noble as that mission is, perhaps this forum is not the right medium. Young people, believe it or not, have to find jobs - and perhaps that verbosity of expressive language (which has its place, no doubt) might just not be the right way to impress any prospective employers.
I am honoured that you are interested in me and where I come from - and just to put your poor mind at rest - I am a child of the Universe (perhaps that answers your question).
Now, be a good boy and crawl back into your pen.
I think you missed my point, terri. Get back to me if you can figure it out.

And thank you; that does answer my question. You are not a native of an English-speaking country (that was my assumption).

Cheers
My Dear,
No, I did not miss your point. And just to satisfy your curiosity - I am a native of an English speaking country (ps one of the Inner Circle as well).
In life, my darling, please do not assume anything until you have it confirmed.
To quote:

My Dear,
No, I did not miss your point. And just to satisfy your curiosity - I am a native of an English speaking country (ps one of the Inner Circle as well).

But your Polish is better than your English. How does that work? And perhaps you'd like to make it clear just what you thought my point was. Do you think you can do that? Because your response to my initial post indicates that you did not know what i was getting at.

To quote:
In life, my darling, please do not assume anything until you have it confirmed.

Hmmm, such as the fact that I am male?

Cheers!
No, terri, I don't believe you're a native of English. Your English is very good, but as you said, we natives can spot a non-native a mile off. I've gone through a load of your posts, and you make mistakes and use wierd sentence constructions no native would ever use. And you've never actually said where you're from, just stated in very ambiguous terms that you're from an English-speaking country. I imagine you're Polish American or something like that.

I can point the mistakes and constructions out to you if you like, but perhaps first you can tell me what point I was making earlier.

Cheers
Or if either of those things sounds boring, perhaps you might care to explain how I can assume (which means, err, to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate) something after I have had it confirmed (to establish the truth, accuracy, validity, or genuineness of; corroborate; verify)? Isn't that somewhat a contradiction in terms? I assume you know what I'm talking about here, or do you want me to wait til you confirm it so I can assume it? I'm a little lost here...
and you make mistakes and
>use wierd sentence constructions no native would ever use.

You're dead wrong. You see, a native is a common person, not very educated one, Terri however, represents a high-educated native and that's for granted. So, you will never be able to make sentences like hers :)
Merix, you'll end up getting your nose all brown if you're not careful.

The mistakes/setence constructions in question are... hang on, you don't even know what I might end up saying. Mistakes are mistakes regardless of how educated the writer is.

And here's you calling me a fucking idiot. Jesus.
Feral,
I find it absolutely fascinating, how such a sweet, tall, long-legged blonde, such as myself can be the topic of so many posts on this forum. I remember Mae West saying "There's only one thing wrong with being talked about... and that's not being talked about", something on the lines "there's no such thing as bad publicity"
And just to satisfy your curiosity - merix knows when he's onto a good thing.
I, like many others, would welcome your input on this forum - perhaps more often than up to now, so that we can see for ourselves, the full extend of your knowledge. I never said that I was perfect - far from it - so perhaps I can only read your posts and maybe learn something, as obviously I have far to go. I live in hope.

After reading your posts, I'd like to hope you are...

No offence to males, but if this oddity of nature is indeed a woman, God help us all...
Just to clarify: the above was to Feral
Toto quasi-officionado of English ...you make me laugh..looser!!:D
..quasi-oficionado..

that post refers to Feral Batcher or sth like that:)
what a pity that there's no editing here ..aficionado I meant**
Feral,
+++I find it absolutely fascinating, how such a sweet, tall, long-legged blonde, such as myself can be the topic of so many posts on this forum. I remember Mae West saying "There's only one thing wrong with being talked about... and that's not being talked about", something on the lines "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

Why would one want publicity where one is being called a flagrant liar and one refuses to defend oneself?

+++And just to satisfy your curiosity - merix knows when he's onto a good thing.

Merix knows when he's on to a good thing, does he? With such stellar sentences as "In life, my darling, please do not assume anything until you have it confirmed.", which is the equivalent of eating one's own head. Stick with it there, Merix; you may be able to come up with such sentences yourself one day!

+++I never said that I was perfect - far from it - so perhaps I can only read your posts and maybe learn something, as obviously I have far to go. I live in hope.

I never said you weren't perfect or that you said that you were. All I said was that you weren't what you claimed to be. That being a native speaker of English.

Seriously, try and stay on topic here. I made a point about swearing, and you attacked me personally. After you stated that you knew what point I was trying to make, I asked you what point you thought that was and you refused to clarify. Merix agrees that swearing is frowned upon in this forum, then swears at me directly (well done there, mate). I asked you where you were from, and you reply with the irretrievably stupid comment about being a child of the "Universe" (no idea why you capped that-- native speaker of English, huh?).

If you're going to argue or try to make a point, try using rational, logical argument and reply to points raised and you may not come across as such a buffoon.

Cheers
And ~merix~, what the hell were you attempting to say with your posts? Try and have your writing make sense. And if you're going to insult me (I'm not even sure why you are), use a fucking spellchecker. I've no idea what a "looser" might be, except for a comparitive adjective.
Feral, some discussions are constructive, perhaps.
This one isn't.
What exactly are you trying to achieve?
What's proving/ disproving someone's origin got to do with your views on swearing?
The logic of that one, however apparent it may be to you, seems to escape the rest of us...
+++Feral, some discussions are constructive, perhaps.
This one isn't.

I wonder why that is. I didn't start this flame war.

+++What exactly are you trying to achieve?

What I was trying to achieve originally has gone out the window. Currently, after an unprovoked personal attack, I guess I'm trying to prove that terri is not the native speaker of English that she claims to be. When I see someone bullshitting, I call them on it. Honesty being the best policy etc.

+++What's proving/ disproving someone's origin got to do with your views on swearing?

Nothing. That's why they were two seperate posts.

+++The logic of that one, however apparent it may be to you, seems to escape the rest of us...

It's not apparent to me. As I said, I made two seperate posts. One on swearing and one questioning whether terri is a flagrant liar.

Your question to terri came up BEFORE anyone replied to you, not AFTER.
Who's the liar now?
+++When you start a discussion on swearing by swearing your head off, what did you expect? A pat on the back??

No, but I certainly didn't expect to be personally attacked.

+++Your question to terri came up BEFORE anyone replied to you, not AFTER.
Who's the liar now?

Did you actually read what I wrote? I said that my original intention went out the window after being attacked. You'll notice I used the word "currently". You'll also notice the original question raised on the matter was in no way rude or out of line. It was a simple question. You'd never make detective.

I don't even know why I'm replying to you. You jumped on the band wagon of attack as well.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 56
poprzednia |