hello I'm new here:)

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-60 z 80
No, it does not exclude 'normal' conversation. But I, (obviously mistakenly) thought that the whole purpose of talking was to improve your English, in order for you to pass your exam.
If you just want a 'conversation', yYou might be better talking on a one-to-one basis with an English speaker,(not on this forum-there are many others) but then again, you would not have the benefit of a group of people who really want to help you-even though you don't yet recognise it as such.
Even if I'd like to improve my english before the exams(in order to pass them) it's too late:)so what's the aim of this forum?only to help in case of any problems strictly connected with the language?do you know any other forums because you said that there are many others.
On the main page you'll notice:
...Witamy na stronie poświęconej nauce języka angielskiego. Znajdziesz tutaj wszystkie potrzebne informacje o egzaminach organizowanych przez British Council, gramatykę, ćwiczenia i testy online, forum dyskusyjne i dużo dużo więcej...
The problem is that (and I know this is so hard to believe) many of us have full time jobs, family, children and one thousand and one other responsibilities. So whilst talking, when you have nothing else to do is absolutely wonderful - most of us are chasing our tails for lack of time. People devote their time willingly on this forum for the purpose of passing on their knowledge (based on years and years of experience) to others who need help.
As for other forums - I'm sure that if you search hard enough you'll find something.
Nit-picking again:
we've got here something what more educated than me people call 'relative clause'.

... something that people more educated than me....
you tend to be very sarcastic, but thanks for the explanation,now everything is clear...and suprise suprise I also don't have a lot of time because "the exams are closer and closer,WHICH makes me a bit nervous"
ja bym dal which makes me a bit of nervous - tak jakos mi sie obilo o uszy:))
a moze bym i nie uzyl :D hehe

z trego co widze to za duzo sie przejmujecie drodzy nowi :D

wiecej luuuzu i zycie staje sie piekniejsze :)

nawet exam z Historii Anglii (tak calej anglii) mozna zdac jak sie czlowiek wyluzuje:D

POzdrawiam
szczególnie TERRI:)
The british history exam is behind me and fortunately I passed it 2 years ago:)now I'm learning american history-it's not so "bad":)
mg

"we've got here something what more educated than me people call 'relative clause'.

... something that people more educated than me...."

Przyganial kociol garnkowi. Jakie te przyslowia sa madre :) Zgadza się sam zrobilem blad, ktory komos wytknalem. Po namysle uzylbym nawet bardziej "which' niz 'that' chociaz oba sa poprawne. Zgadzam sie tez ze zdanie jest troche 'clamsy'.
hehe raczej clumsy:)
kaha masz moze jakies ciekawostki (w postaci zapisanej:) )z tej Historii Anglii?
e-mail me if you find sth, please!
Merix unfortunately I've got only a history book and some notes so I'm affraid I can't help you.Is there anything particular that you want to know?.....Next time I'll think twice before I use so called relative clause:)...sometimes even simple things may cause confusion.For me the articles are the most difficult ,but even the native speakers are not always sure what to use-"a"/"the" or maybe no article at all.Rules concerning how to use them are slightly ambiguous.What dou you think?Do you find it difficult as well?
I love grammar above all :D (yeah right!!)

Well, I'm more into vocabs than fixed rules of grammar.

Follow mg - he's the master of grammar at the forum (he teaches it, BTW)

I need to know , which king was eating a carrot when going on a battle :)

Cheers!
Merix,
>grammar 'at' the forum
should that not be 'ON' the forum
I happened to see "at".
The BBC forum mailed me when I registered for them and greeted me "at" their forum :)
I think that 'at' is more appropriate, though.
The rules are ambiguous. Due to the fact that internet forum works like a message board I would say we should use "ON". On the other hand due to fact that correct form for physical forum is "AT" someone may assumes that by analogy we should use the same form for internet forum...

I think even people for whom English is a mother language have problem with it.
as far as I'm concerned Charles I loved eating carrots just before each battle:))seriously spaking for me grammar isn't so bad, I can handle it.As a matter of fact vocab isn't enough , unless you want to create wrong sentences:).Some people don't care.Now on the 'maura' exam what really maters is passing the information, not being gramatically correct.For me it doesn't really make sense and is unfair.
obviously prepositions are my second "favourite part" of that language:)
there's rather a collocation mother tongue
>as far as I'm concerned Charles I loved eating carrots just before each >battle:))seriously spaking for me grammar isn't so bad, I can handle it.

You may want to work on your punctuation.
>>as far as I'm concerned, Charles I loved eating carrots just
>before each battle:)),seriously spaking, for me grammar isn't so
>bad, I can handle it.-better?I don't pay much attention to punctuation while writing on the forum.In everyday life I'm a bit more careful.Are you sure you always use the punctuation properly in your mother tongue?
By the way, who knows what does "chop me up" mean?of course I'm not asking about a literal meaning.
...and one more thing "Do you know what it maens?"- this sentence is correct, can we say "Do you know what does it mean?"?
>Are you sure you always use the punctuation properly in your mother tongue?

I do my best. At the very least, I don't make fundamental errors.
writing on the forum isn't a formal type of writing,just like in sms people don't bother to be extremely correct,they rarely use capital letters,commas,full stops etc.what's more, punctuation mistakes are considered to be minor mistakes.
someone may asume or someone asumes
sorry -assume-double S :)
"A correct form" ,and in first line "AN internet forum", and then "THE internet forum"-apparently I'm not the only one, who have problems with the articles:)
>writing on the forum isn't a formal type of writing- O YES IT IS.
As many of the articles/essays we correct emanate from formal writing exercises. And as for sms language - I never intent to shorten beautiful words into what at best can be described as 'animal noises' 'u'- for 'you' and some shortened maths eg 'm8'- for 'mate'.
It is only polite that when expressing your thoughts to someone to try and do it in a language which befits the situation.
Punctuation mistakes - as you perhaps will realize one day - DO matter, the whole sentence can have a different meaning if we don't use a comma or full stop in the right place.
I don't agree with you at this point-almost on each forum people use colloquial expressions as opposed to formal ones,that allows some kind of tolerance.I know that sometimes correct punctuation is vital to undersand an actual meaning of a sentence,but let's not exaggerate.The posts on the forum are neither essays ,nor articles.An sms language is already created ,so you can't prevent peopple from using it.But in my previous post I didn't mean that it necessarily involves as you said "animal noises"(I don't use such forms either),I mentioned that because of the punctuation.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-60 z 80