I'm not a vegetarian

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
I'm not a vegetarian because I like meat. I think meat is tasty and good for health, especially for young people and children. Animals's meat contains many proteins that we need.The proteins in the meat made our ancestors's brains larger.
I can't imagine a good dinner without some sort of meat. I don't see anything wrong in eating meat. Pigs or chickens are raised for eating.
Good for you then. Anyway, you've written it in a wrong forum section.
I like meat, too !!

Pakk, THE wrong forum section :-)
>Pakk, THE wrong forum section :-)

Why 'the'? I thought 'one of all the wrong forum sections' -> 'a'.

Damn articles.
>Why 'the'? I thought 'one of all the wrong forum sections' -> 'a'.

Now that you say it, I don't know which one to use :D

I hope someone clears that up :)

Damn articles.
Głosuję za a. Wyjaśnienie pakka mnie przekonuje.
hmmm... chodzilo mi o sprawdzenie tego krotkiego tekstu!:) czyli nie ma zadnych bledow? niemozliwe!:)
sprawdzilam,
I think meat is tasty and good for THE health, especially for young people and children. 'Animals's' (nie -wystarczy Animal) meat contains many proteins that we need.
Wszyscy zafascynowali sie smialym wyznaniem w czasach kiedy tak fashionable byc vegetarian,wiec nic dziwnego,ze nie zwrocili uwagi na drobiazgi.Np.Dopelniacz w mn.- animals' tworzymy wlasnie w ten sposob.I pytanie " what's wrong with eating" a nie "in eating".By the way,I totally agree with your opinion.
>chodzilo mi o sprawdzenie tego krotkiego tekstu!:)
Oczywiscie, tego sami moglismy sie domyslic, bo jestesmy wrozkami.
dzięki!:)
Pogodno? 'Więc nie bój się deszczu, bo ja jestem deszczem...'
Drobiazg. Dopełniacz saksoński.

'Animal meat' - z tego, co wiem - również jest w użyciu.
No, wlasnie, 'animals' meat' - to jest poprawne? Myslalem, ze Saxon Genitive uzywa sie tylko dla ludzi (+ew. firm etc.).
>Why 'the'? I thought 'one of all the wrong forum sections' -> 'a'.

As it turns out, "the" is the correct choice.

I'll explain tomorrow or on Friday.
>>Why 'the'? I thought 'one of all the wrong forum sections' ->
>'a'.
>
>As it turns out, "the" is the correct choice.

skoro ktos wpisal sie w nieodpowiedniej sekcji, to ta sekcja zawsze bedzie jedna jedyna niepoprawna
>>As it turns out, "the" is the correct choice.

co samo ma sie do 'correct/right' - tutaj bednar juz na czucie zastosowal poprawna opcje z 'the'
>skoro ktos wpisal sie w nieodpowiedniej sekcji, to ta sekcja zawsze
>bedzie jedna jedyna niepoprawna

jak to 'jedna jedyna niepoprawna'? przeciez inne tez sa niepoprawne.

>>As it turns out, "the" is the correct choice.
co samo ma sie do 'correct/right' - tutaj bednar juz na czucie zastosowal poprawna opcje z 'the'

tutaj sa dwie opcje - przedimek okreslony lub nieokreslony, taka alternatywa - jesli jeden jest poprawny to drugi automatycznie nie jest poprawny.
the wrong cos tam uzywa sie przez analogie do the right costam.Nie potrafie tego szybko wytlumaczyc, ale wydaje mi sie, ze 'the wrong x' uzywa sie wtedy, gdy na goraco komentujemy cos, co sie zdarzylo.
I've dialled the wrong number
I'm in the wrong street

Natomiast np. w opowiadaniu powiedzielibsym

he turned into a wrong street first and so was 10 minutes' late.
Mark : I think it's important to make a low profile when you are very rich.
Susan : Mark, you used the wrong word; the correct one is "keep". We say "to keep a low profile", not "to make a low profile"

Susan said "the wrong word" because it's known which word was wrongly used. The "the" refers to the word "make". If she'd said "a wrong word", it'd mean it was not known which word was used wrongly and her sentence would be meaningless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have posted this thread in the wrong forum section.

The is used because it's generally known which forum section the topic was posted in. The "the" refers to the forum section the misplaced topic is currently in. ( the forum section is obviously not where the topic should be, hence it's the wrong forum section)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Natomiast np. w opowiadaniu powiedzielibsym
>
>he turned into a wrong street first and so was 10 minutes' late.

And this is where you put me on the spot. Following the logic used in the previous examples, I'd say "the wrong street".
some more examples :

I was seventy miles in the wrong direction and got more and more panicked, and more and more agitated, and I smashed the car up.

On the way, I was in such a state, I was driving my car and I took the wrong road.

You don't give a damn about Michelle just as long as you can get your hands on the precious tape that Bob had with him!' `Of course we're concerned that the tape shouldn't fall into the wrong hands, but that doesn't detract from the fact that your daughter's safety is of paramount importance to us at the moment.' `You're good, and if I didn't know any better, I'd almost be inclined to believe you.

My brother just happened to be in the wrong place that night.' `I'm sorry," Marlette said.

Pick the wrong option and, it may mean misery.
Ok, chyba mnie przekonales.

Ale jednoczesnie zwracam uwage na przyklady, ktore nie do konca oddaja sedno:

>On the way, I was in such a state, I was driving my car and I took the
>wrong road.
There may have been two roads so if he/she didn't take the right one, it must have been THE wrong one.

>(...) `Of course we're>concerned that the tape shouldn't fall into the wrong hands (...)
'Fall into the wrong hands' is a fixed expression.

>My brother just happened to be in the wrong place that night.
In the figurative sense it's also a fixed expression, I guess.

>Pick the wrong option and, it may mean misery.
Everything depends on the context; again, there may have been just two options so not choosing the right one must mean choosing THE wrong one.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Praca za granicą

»

Brak wkładu własnego