będzie miło

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-58 z 58
| następna
Jeśli nie dokończyłeś tamtym wpisem (który wyglądał jak dokończenie), to znaczy, że nadal twierdzisz, że słowniki phrasali służą w innym, tajemnym celu niż przytoczone przez mnie. W jakim?

Problem polega na tym, że sytuacja jest analogiczna do tej:

mądre źródła mówią: "muchówki mają haltery - tj. przezmianki" (np. 4 poważne podręczniki entomologii i niezliczona rzesza innych, jeden nic nie wspomina na ten temat). Ktoś (jak Ty) stwierdza, że muchówki nie mają przezmianek i powołuje się na to ostatnie źródło. To przecież niepoważne.

Jak na razie to tylko się wymigujesz od udowodnienia, że jesteś super gościem, co zna angielski. Znam ograniczenia, ale ponieważ ja odpowiedziałem na Twoje pytanie, wypadałoby gdybym usłyszał odpowiedź na moje :)
Nie powołuję się na slowniki. Wczoraj przedstawiłem uzasadnienie, rozumowanie, po Twojemu 'prawo'.
prawo to nie słowniki ani spisy (rejestry) gatunków, systematyka i taksonomia to nie spisy!, nie znasz zasad i praw systematyki, pewnie nie słyszałeś o zasadzie parsymonii, ani o kryterium grupy zewnętrznej i tysiącu innych, nie przekręcaj mojej wypowiedzi

czekam na odpowiedź na poziomie lingwisty i "autora", znawcy w swojej dziedzinie

and then we'll call it a draw :)
"prawo to nie słowniki ani spisy (rejestry) gatunków,"

Rozumiemy się! Zasady gramatyki to nie kwalifikatory!

"nie znasz zasad i praw systematyki, pewnie nie słyszałeś o zasadzie parsymonii, ani o kryterium grupy zewnętrznej i tysiącu innych, nie przekręcaj mojej wypowiedzi"

Dlaczego ignorujesz istnienie zasad kwalifikacji czasowników do grupy phrasal verbs. Napisz przynajmniej, co autorzy poważnych słowników piszą we wstepie o phrasal verbs.

"czekam na odpowiedź na poziomie lingwisty i "autora", znawcy w swojej dziedzinie"

Podałem wczoraj. Nie odnosisz się do niej, nie przedstawiasz argumentów, które obalają moje rozumowanie, poza jednym 'słowniki tak mówią'.

Nie o to mi chodzi. Myślę, że to temat bez dna, więc proponowałem, żebyś mi się zrewanżował tłumaczeniem Cohena (ja wykonałem Twoje zadanie) and then we shall call it a draw

w kwestii phrasali pewnie nigdy nie dojdziemy do porozumienia, więc udowodnij, że znasz angielski
(umiem czytać wstępy do danego tematu w podręczniku, nawet przeczytałem w życiu trochę całych podręczników)
Cytat: Espouser
Nie o to mi chodzi. Myślę, że to temat bez dna, więc proponowałem, żebyś mi się zrewanżował tłumaczeniem Cohena (ja wykonałem Twoje zadanie) and then we shall call it a draw

love - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/love definicja 1
learn - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/learn definicja 1
shoot - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shoot definicja 27
outdraw - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outdraw definicja 1

Tak jak pisałem, nie wybrałem miarodajnego sposobu sprawdzania, czy znam angielski. Wszystko mogłem znaleźć w słowniku.
Może zajrzysz do historii moich postów na forum? Może to Cię przekona?

"w kwestii phrasali pewnie nigdy nie dojdziemy do porozumienia, "

Widzę to. Odrzucasz wnioskowanie, wolisz sprawdzać w rejestrach.

"więc udowodnij, że znasz angielski"

Niewykonalne. Niby jak? Angielski zna ten, kto potrafi przetłumaczyć cytat z Cohena?
Mousey: you overstep...tuck your ruffled pride away, and back down graciously.
Pan mg's capabilities FAR exceed those of anyone on the forum.
He won't perform for you because he simply doesn't have to.

Perhaps a discussion about music would be more fruitful?
Bo to nie jest takie oczywiste, chodzi mi o znaczenie w sensie figurative speech i 1-2 zdania krótkiej interpretacji tego wersu. Tak się sprawdza native-speakerów w ich szkołach, a Ciebie nie można?

znam te słowa, ja nie odsyłałem Cię do słowników jak mi napisałeś "we have left" to może być present simple,

Do not treat me discourteously. I do have some dictionaries at home. Take up a challenge.
"Mousey: you overstep...tuck your ruffled pride away, and back down graciously."
"He won't perform for you because he simply doesn't have to."

Well, I did perform for him and now I just ask for reciprocity. "Mousey?" It sounds as if you had a condescending attitude towards PhD students of biology like my humbe person, doesn't it?

Cytat: siuniab
dang, I have a weakness for Leonard Cohen...
:)
Can't you just both call it a "draw" and retire to your corners for the evening?

Halleluja!
Bo to nie jest takie oczywiste, chodzi mi o znaczenie w sensie figurative speech i 1-2 zdania krótkiej interpretacji tego wersu. Tak się sprawdza native-speakerów w ich szkołach, a Ciebie nie można?

Chodzi Ci o interpretację cytatu? Interpretacje mogą być różne. jak będzie inn aod Twojej, to będzie znaczyć, że nie znam angielskiego?
I read this as the words of someone disappointed with relationships in general. The metaphor of shooting makes me think of hating rather than loving your significant other, or, if not hating them permanently, then at least sparing no occasion to hurt them, especially when, or actually before, they are going to hurt you. So it's more about retalliation than love. It's bitter.

Well, pundit, too low brow? Too much FCE-level? Not sublime enough?

"znam te słowa, ja nie odsyłałem Cię do słowników jak mi napisałeś "we have left" to może być present simple, "

bo to było pytanie gramatyczne

"Do not treat me discourteously. I do have some dictionaries at home. Take up a challenge."

*the challenge.
"Mousey?" It sounds as if you had a condescending attitude towards PhD students of biology like my humbe person, doesn't it?

[/quote]
Nah, that wasn't meant to be condescending, I just give people nicknames.

Ewciu: aren't men dopes sometimes?
All quiet at the homefront...sigh. Landscaper (Konrad) and crew have finished the job. No eye candy to come home to.
Dear MG
I find your interpretation plausible and valid. It has some merit, although it is fairly straightforward. It wasn't a doddle, was it? It is little wonder that it differs slightly from mine - poetry is all about feelings and emotional baggage. I appreciate your making the effort to interpret the verse.

I must admit that you are a real gem of the forum.

Thank you for pointing out my mistake - maybe I meant any challenge including the previous ones. Should I write then: "Take up one of the challenges, it doesn't matter which one?" Perhaps. However, you happened to make a typo: "retalliation". Nonetheless, "you the man" as Americans say.

Dear siuniab: Thanks but "Mousey" seems to be about women and it sucks. Men usually do not (alas)
Who is Ewciu?

edytowany przez Espouser: 22 cze 2011
@Espouser
Szkoda, że w innym moich wątkach nie jesteś taki aktywny; niestety niektóre pozostały bez odpowiedzi.
"Mousey" seems to be about women and it sucks. Men usually do not (alas)

furrowed my brow over your comment for a while before I made the connection ... now I understand your consternation.
;)
an honest mistake on my part. lol

Ewcia? was it so difficult to figure out that my comment was directed to the poster (Eva74) two posts before my own?
Just call him żabciu.
..darn it, missed something important?...musta slept too long.
Yeah, I said it in jest. Oscar Wilde said: "To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."
I follow in the poet's footsteps although (or therefore) I'm still young.

@ Ewcia: "Just call him żabciu." I'd love to, but he'll go mad (sic!)

edytowany przez Espouser: 22 cze 2011
@lexASS: Nah, we were just bickering about some non-phrasal verb.
@ Ewcia: "Just call him żabciu." I'd love to, but he'll go mad (sic!)

żabciu, you're confused, I'm afraid. I was suggesting to siuniab that she call you "żabciu" seeing how you don't like "mousey."
and (sic!) stands for my apparent and dirty provocation, sweetie
Go for it! Provoke away!
Hi lex-ey:Nice to see that you're around.
Heading out your way this July with the family. Thought it was important to expose the kidlets to our country's splendours before we take them to Europe hext year.

(pardon the diminutive, but I suspect you're man enough to not take offense)
:)
... but will add the -ass if you insist :-)
Siunia girl!
Yup, I'm still alive and kicking, the usual. Coming to see Stampede Country, Banff, Jasper..or..heading further west? Lemme know, I'll try to make some time to show you around if need be. Come to think of it we haven't been to Lake Louise for a loooong time, wouldn't mind going there again....;)

..the diminutive,..offense...?...naaah...but I have to admit, somebody is teaching you well...your level of showing off is comparable to mine...;)~~~
Cytat: mg
... but will add the -ass if you insist :-)

mg, I knew he (Espouser) wouldn't be able to resist ;)...some things are just too predictable...heheh

@lex
Landing in the home of the Flames on July 15, meandering our way through Banff and Lake Louise and then heading out to Fairmont Hot Springs, where we have a timeshare.
Spending the night of July 23 in Canmore, then flying out late afternoon out of Calgary on Sunday.
It would be fun to put a face to a name, but I'm travelling with an entourage (boys: big and small).
I can vouch for my girlish charms...not so much for the rest of the family.
LOL
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-58 z 58
| następna