Przydałaby się... po angielsku

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 45
poprzednia |
np. w kontekście
Przydałaby się jeszcze jedna osoba. lub
Przydałaby się dodatkowa funkcja w tym programie.

Znalazłem kilka odpowiedników w słownikach, ale zastanawia mnie jaki będzie naturalnie brzmiący odpowiednik dla Anglika czy Amerykanina

Dzięki
edytowany przez Tommyek: 15 kwi 2012
A jakie znalazłeś w słownikach?

Nie zawsze wszystko tłumaczy się dosłownie.

np.
It would help to have another person on the team.
Another program function would be useful.

We could use...
Anglik użyłby "nice"...

It would be nice if we had another function...
Każdy Anglik?
uogólniłem, pisząc każdy? Lubią "nice", którym określają wszystko.

honestly? Personally, I prefer "nice" to "you know". There are far better alternatives of discourse markers.
There are far better alternatives to nice, too. My son is not allowed to use nice in essays.
Tommyek wants to know how to say this. He isn't specifically looking for a phrase he could use in essays.

'it would be nice if we/to have' sounds ok to me.
Cytat: eva74
There are far better alternatives to nice, too. My son is not allowed to use nice in essays.

Sure. I meant speech.
generalnie w mowie, jak ludzie TEZ uzywaja 'nice' bo nie chca obrazic druga osobe, alebo tez mozna to uzyc ironiczne.
...Well, that's bloody nice of you...(dziekuje za ta pomoc)
...That dress fits you nicely...(year, right) (aside...no it doesn't, but I can't tell her that)
Thank you for the anwers. eva74, my suggestion would have been as follows "Another person may be a lot of help." or "Another function in this program may come in handy." What do you think of it?
prograMME.
Me likes it :)
Cytat: grudziu
prograMME.

No. It's PROGRAM in computer technology
Cytat: mg
Cytat: grudziu
prograMME.

No. It's PROGRAM in computer technology

That's a different kettle of fish. Sorry. Hadn't the idea of what type of program that was about.
@tomek

robisz postepy ( jesli dobrze pamietam), masz glowe w dobrym miejscu :)
Hej ludzie drodzy - jeśli chcę napisać że włąśnie teraz jadę jakimś środkiem transportu to czy mogę powiedzieć I'm going by subway/ I'm in subway/ I just get into subway?
Cytat: rafcik7
Hej ludzie drodzy - jeśli chcę napisać że włąśnie teraz jadę jakimś środkiem transportu to czy mogę powiedzieć I'm going by subway/ I'm in subway/ I just get into subway?

masz na myśli metro (US). Czy przejście podziemne?
jeżeli miejsce podziemne to możesz powiedzieć: go through (bo jest inside).
jeśli to drugie, to z racji, że jest na ,,zewnątrz": go across/over
through-->in
across---> on

albo: ride/take the subway

Po prostu: I'm on a subway right now.

W Anglii to chyba tube na to mówią.

Po prostu: I'm on a subway right now.
W Anglii to chyba tube na to mówią.

The Tube tylko w Londynie. Reszta (the) Underground.
edytowany przez grudziu: 19 kwi 2012
What about metro?
The metro? I am sure it's called like this in Paris, Poland and other European countries.
Don't be a smartass; you're no match for my wit.

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/metro
'A book reality' is one side, the reality is another. Don't use this dictionary! It's old-fashioned. Use those that offer Cambridge, Longman or Oxford. They are systematically updated.

>>you're no match for my wit.

Real wit and wisdom aren't based on 'google' or an old McMillan dictionary. Its definitions are unclear and vague.

look at this: http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/metro

Are you taken aback?:)
Uhm, I don't sit here all day and wait for your responses :)

Why are getting so excited anyway? I merely asked if metro is used in GB. Relax, man, it's unhealthy to be so wound up about every little thing.

>>> Relax, man, it's unhealthy to be so wound up about every little thing.

Does the emoticon ':)' utter any anger? No. I'm totally free-and-easy:D
No. You're hyper and get excited very easily over nothing. It comes across as immature.
No. You're hyper and get excited very easily over nothing. It comes across as immature.

It comes across immaturity.

It dawned on me you were specializing in psychological deficiencies.

gotta go to classes, cheerio!
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 45
poprzednia |