Czasy

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 37
poprzednia |
Proszę o sprawdzenie tego zadania i podanie innych możliwych odpowiedzi.

1. When Carol (call) ________called last night, I (watch) _was watching__ my favorite show on television.

2. I (work) _have worked/ have been working_______ for that company for more than thirty years. tu mam 2 propozycje

3. Sharon (love) loves to travel. She (go) goes abroad almost every summer.

4. Thomas is an author. He (write) writes mystery novels and travel memoirs. He (write) has been writing since he was twenty-eight. Altogether, he (write) has written seven novels, three collections of short stories and a book of poetry.

5. We were late because we (have) had car problems. By the time we (get) got to the train station, Susan (wait) was waiting/had been waiting for us for more than two hours.

6. Sam (try) was trying to change a light bulb when he (slip) sliped and (fell) fall

7. Everyday I (wake)wake up at 6 o'clock, (eat) eat breakfast at 7 o'clock and (leave) leave for work at 8 o'clock. However, this morning I (get) got up at 6:30, (skip) skiped breakfast and (leave) leaft to work late because I (forget) had forgotten to set my alarm.

8. Right now, Jim (read) is readingthe newspaper and Kathy (make) is making dinner. Last night at this time, they (do) iwas doingthe same thing. She (cook)was cooking and he (read)was reading the newspaper. Tomorrow at this time, they (do, also) will also doing the same thing. She (prepare)will be preparing dinner and he (read) will be reading. They are very predictable people!

9. By this time next summer, you will have copleted (complete) your studies and (find) will have found a job. I, on the other hand, (accomplish, not) don't accomplish anything. I (study, still) still study and you (work) work in some new high paying job.

10. The students (be, usually) is usually taught by Mrs. Monty. However, this week they (be)will be taught by Mr. Tanzer.

The students (be, usually) are usually taught by Mrs. Monty. However, this week they (be)will be taught by Mr. Tanzer.
5 had been waiting - bo jest 'for phrase'
6 ppisownia!
7 ppisownia i jeszcze: leave jak jest w przeszlym?
8 they was? pierwsze Future continuous nie jest cacy - brak slowa
9 w drugim zdaniu tez future - perfect i continuous

had been waiting tak myślałem, że tak bo tam jest for.
left.skipped
they were
no błędy przy przepisywaniu.
tylko 9 źle.

a teraz tak mi przyszło na myśl
this week they (be)will be or are being taught by Mr. Tanzer. are being też może być??
10. Students is
a jeszcze mam jedno pytanie, które dotyczy transformacji.
I haven't had a Chinese meal for ages.
*since
It's ___ages since I (have) had__ a Chinese meal. może być tu użyty Past Simple lub Present Perfect? co nie?
ale gdybym miał do wyboru tylko jeden wybrałbym Simple Past.
w podreczniu tez mam napisany taki przykład
I haven't seen him since I have finished school i have jest zbędne X
I haven't seen him since I finished school a tu jest dobrze V
więc nie wiem, czy dobre są 2 odp, czy tylko Simple Past
Ja bym dal pr.perf and pr.simple in that order. Nie zauwazylem ze poprawiles z IS na ARE w #10.
edytowany przez fui_eu: 27 lis 2012
tylko simple past
to zjedzenie chinszczyzny wydarzylo sie w okreslonym momencie w przeszlosci.
Wiec jak to zdanie bedzie brzmialo?
it's (been) ages since I had...
tylko simple past w drugiej luce
ale w ogóle może po since być Present Perfect? w innym przykładzie
I've liked him since I've known him - ... odkąd go znam, bo 'znanie go' trwa do tej pory.
porównaj
I've liked him since I met him - bo spotkanie go wydarzyło się w określonym momencie w przeszłości.
It's (It is) + period of time + since - BrE
It's (It has) been + period of time + since = AmE

w zaleznosci od znaczenia zdania, po since moze wystapic albo czas past albo perfect:
It's (been) ages since I have had a Chinese meal. = I haven't had a Chinese meal for ages. (podkresasz, jak dlugo czegos nie robiles)
It's (been) ages since I (last) had a Chinese meal. = The last time I had a Chinese meal was ages ago. (podkreslasz, kiedy ostatnio cos robiles)
1. When Carol called OK last night, I was watching OK my favorite show on television.
2. I {worked} for that company for more than thirty years.
3. Sharon loves OK to travel. She goes OK abroad almost every summer.
4. Thomas is an author. He writes OK mystery novels and travel memoirs. He has been writing OK since he was twenty-eight. Altogether, he has written OK seven novels, three collections of short stories and a book of poetry.
5. We were late because we {had} had car problems. By the time we got OK to the train station, Susan had been waiting OK for us for more than two hours.
6. Sam was trying OK to change a light bulb when he {slipped} and {fell}.
7. Everyday I wake OK up at 6 o'clock, eat OK breakfast at 7 o'clock and leave OK for work at 8 o'clock. However, this morning I got OK up at 6:30, {skipped} breakfast and {left for} work late because I had forgotten OK to set my alarm.
8. Right now, Jim is reading OK the newspaper and Kathy is making OK dinner. Last night at this time, they {were} doing the same thing. She was cooking OK and he was reading OK the newspaper. Tomorrow at this time, they will also {be} doing the same thing. She will be preparing OK dinner and he will be reading OK. They are very predictable people!
9. By this time next summer, you will have {completed} your studies and {found} a job. I, on the other hand, {won't have accomplished} anything. I {will} still {be studying} and you {will be working} in some new high-paying job.
10. The students {are} usually taught by Mrs. Monty. However, this week they {are being taught/will be taught OK} by Mr. Tanzer.
Co jest zle w odpowiedzi do #2 tak jak ethan ma?
that, w wyrazeniu that company , nie moze dotyczyc terazniejszosci
tak, #2 wymaga Simple Past
np Pracujesz dla firmy w Anglii a mowisz do kogos u kogo jestes na wakacjach w Polsce. Nie mozesz sie wyrazic THAT company?
Cytat: fui_eu
np Pracujesz dla firmy w Anglii a mowisz do kogos u kogo jestes na wakacjach w Polsce. Nie mozesz sie wyrazic THAT company?

Now you put it into context in terms of ‘near’ and ‘distant’ reference and it's ok.

It can be extended to an even more abstract and subjective level of interpretation:
Have you seen this report on smoking?
['the one I have recently been thinking about'] [l]
Have you seen that report on smoking?
['the one I was looking at some time ago'] [2]

In practice, howver, [l] and [2] could occur in the same situation, the only difference being the speaker's subjective concept of 'nearness',unquote

As for time reference, 'that' is mormally accociated with something that is behind you.
The same goes for ‘this and that’ (near vs distant polarity) expressing disapproval or dislike.
it's 'associated,' you dimwit.
Czyli ethan's answer is OK.
nie bylo tam kontekstu, wielkim 'bledem' to nie nazwalbym
I take it, you're agreeing with me.
Absolutely, I thought I made it clear in my post.
Nie mialem pewnosci, czasami ogrodkowo walisz;)
poprawie sie :)
na poziomie b1/b2 subtelności dotyczące ładunku emocjonalnego 'that' nie odgrywają takiej roli, ale, oczywiście, dobrze, że pytający dowiedział się czegoś nowego.
Ethan owes me one again then?
Owe you?;). Gdybym sprawy nie poruszyl watek by sie zakonczyl mniemaniem ze ethan ma byka:)
Owe you?;).

Oh you're wrong here bud.:) The fact that I didn't jump on it here in this thread right away doesn't mean I skipped it. I would've gotten here anyway ..becasue you know, there are some posters here and there that I just can't ignore. But ok , you're the man:)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 37
poprzednia |