Integrated skills CPE - dwa zdania

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 59
poprzednia |
Rozwiązuję sobie tak zadania na dobranoc. Podaję dwa zdania jako próbkę (zdanie dane na początku nie mogą zostać zmienione):
Chcę usłyszeć, że są ok :P

1. The girl's behaviour was incomprehensible to the Head Teacher.
loss

The girl's behaviour left the Head Teacher at a loss for words.

2. Fred tried hard to start the car, but without success.
matter

The car wouldn't start, because there was something the matter with it.
Fred couldn't start the car, because there was something the matter with it.

Dzięki.
edytowany przez grudziu: 05 mar 2013
nie widac, co nie moze zostac zmienione
w pierwszym napisalbym was at a loss about
w drugim no matter how hard
Mam ułożyć zdania od samego początku, używając w nich słów "loss" i "matter"
W tym drugim jako trzecią opcję podałbym:

Try as he might, the car wouldn't start, because there was sth the matter with it.
Rozwiązuję mnóstwo zdań z transformacji. Chcę uczyć się manipulować tym językiem, tworzyć tyle zdań, znaczących to samo, na ile to możliwe.

Dzięki, mg, nie zawracam głowy.
ale nie mozesz zmienic zdania napisales od poczatku jakby?
tak , tak no matter jak mg powiedzial
zdanie wyjściowe: She started doing her homework as soon as her brother had left for school.

moje parafrazy:

She started doing her homework when her brother had left for school.
She didn’t start doing her homework until her brother had left for school.
She waited until her brother had left for school before she started doing her homework.
Not until her brother had left for school did she started doing her homework.
Cytat: savagerhino
ale nie mozesz zmienic zdania napisales od poczatku jakby?
tak , tak no matter jak mg powiedzial

Pomyliło mi się. Chodziło o słowa a nie zdania.
>>Chcę uczyć się manipulować tym językiem, tworzyć tyle zdań, znaczących to samo, na ile to możliwe.

moze pomoc spozywanie bialka w dyzych ilosciach ( wolowine ) i dostarczenie duzo tlenu do mozgu
Sav, a te parafrazy są ok gramatycznie. Jest późno, robiłem troszkę na wyczucie.

p.s. Ostatnio uczę się też słów na -ous, na których punkcie mam fioła. Moje dzisiejsze pusillanimous. Jedno słowo per day. Wkleił bym całą listę, ale nie chcę zaśmiecać forum.

Thank you my brother from another mother :)
Jak ci sie bedzie bardzo ‘nudzilo’ kiedys ( albo jak zwariujesz w ogole :) to możesz sobie zakupic taka książke:

”The Grammar of the English Tense System : A Comprehensive Analysis”
by Renaat Declerck in collaboration with Susan Reed and Bert Cappelle

znajdziesz tam ( oprocz głębokiej analizy uzycia czasow w when-clauses, after-clauses i before-clauses) takie zagadnienia:

Chapter 8.Temporal domains and relative tenses: theoretical foundations
Chapter 9. Temporal subordination in the various time-zones
Chapter 10. Two tense systems with post-present reference

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=Grammar+of+the+English+Tense+System%3A+A+Comprehensive+Analysis+Renaat+Declerck%2C+Susan+Reed%2C+Bert+Cappelle&tag=bookfi-20&index=books&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

>>p.s. Ostatnio uczę się też słów na -ous
a ‘sanctimonious ‘ już miałeś?

edytowany przez savagerhino: 06 mar 2013
a tak w ogole
1. She started doing her homework when her brother had left for school.”
w tym zdaniu ‘when’ zachowuje sie jak ‘after’ (in the sense of 'immediately after)
past simple po ‘when’ bedzie praktycznie ‘synonimiczny’

2.She waited until her brother had left for school before she started doing her homework.
juz wyraziles sens w innych zdaniach, tutaj mi się osobiście nie bardzo podoba to ‘postposed before-clause ( stylistycznie ‘ciezkie)
Mozna tak jeszcze zakrecic np ( jak szukasz roznych wersji)
It was not until her brother left for school that she started doing her homework.
Cytat:
”The Grammar of the English Tense System : A Comprehensive Analysis”
by Renaat Declerck in collaboration with Susan Reed and Bert Cappelle

Ok, Sav. Na razie, jak sądzę, jest trochę za wcześnie. Wpierw muszę opanować bieżący materiał. Popytam o nią czy jest dostępna.

Cytat:
a ‘sanctimonious ‘ już miałeś?

To już na studiach miałem. Dzisiejsze to: unostentatious. "Moja" lista liczy 1224, przy czym odrzucam te wszystkie "lekarskie" (po co mi to?)

Cytat:
1. She started doing her homework when her brother had left for school.”
w tym zdaniu ‘when’ zachowuje sie jak ‘after’ (in the sense of 'immediately after)
past simple po ‘when’ bedzie praktycznie ‘synonimiczny’

Ok. Sekwencja zdarzeń jest jasna, więc na pewno racja.

Cytat:
2.She waited until her brother had left for school before she started doing her homework.
juz wyraziles sens w innych zdaniach, tutaj mi się osobiście nie bardzo podoba to ‘postposed before-clause ( stylistycznie ‘ciezkie)

Fakt, napakowałem tam ile wlezie. To zdanie jest "overcorrect".
No i skrolując, zauważyłem też jeden błąd:

Czyli podsumowując, mam:

zdanie wyjściowe: She started doing her homework as soon as her brother had left for school.

1) She started doing her homework when her brother had left for school =
2) She started doing her homework when her brother left for school.
3) She didn’t start doing her homework until her brother had left for school
4) It was not until her brother left for school that she started doing her homework.
5) Not until her brother had left for school did she start doing her homework.

6) The following one is too chocka a version haha:

She waited until her brother had left for school before she started doing her homework.
edytowany przez grudziu: 06 mar 2013
Cytat: grudziu

I honestly hope your fingers slipped when producing that sentence, and it's all due to the proximity of the letters 'e' and 'd' to the letter 't' on the keyboard. I choose to believe so rather than you could make such a glaring error, given the quality of your posts.
Cytat: tomekapp

I honestly hope your fingers slipped when producing that sentence, and it's all due to the proximity of the letters 'e' and 'd' to the letter 't' on the keyboard. I choose to believe so rather than you could make such a glaring error, given the quality of your posts.

Scroll up two posts and you'II see the post in which I am self-correcting that bloomer of mine. I was all in that day, and the time was very late when I wrote that.
Even if I put my foot in it in a conscious manner (but I didn't), there are people who willingly are any sort of help to me. They have got that je ne sais quoi that distinguishes professionals from amateurs. I'm just a leearner, and a learner has the right to make a mistake.

greetings, mate
loss

matter

Dzięki.

i jak z tymi zdaniami, zrobione? tutaj masz moje propo
The Head Teacher was at a loss to understand the girl's behaviour.
The car wouldn't start no matter how hard Fred tried.
Cytat: engee30
loss

matter

Dzięki.

i jak z tymi zdaniami, zrobione? tutaj masz moje propo
The Head Teacher was at a loss to understand the girl's behaviour.
The car wouldn't start no matter how hard Fred tried.

Zrobiłem już te zdania, ale dzięki engee :).

I can't get the ruddy car to start! - tak bym chyba powiedział, gdyby mi nie chciał odpalić :D
odnosnie tej ksiazki, co sav zapodal - spraw ja sobie, bo jest dead good - nie znam innej, ktora tak dobrze prezentuje te nuianse pomiedzy uzyciem poszczegolnych czasow gramatycznych i uzycia np. spojnikawhen
Zgadza się - jestem pod wrażeniem profesjonalizmu autorów. Będę SPORO czytał z niej. Sav wie, co czytać. Swoją drogą nawet mnie nie odstrasza jej objętość ;)

Scroll up two posts and you'II see the post in which I am self-correcting that bloomer of mine. I was all in that day, and the time was very late when I wrote that.
Even if I put my foot in it in a conscious manner (but I didn't), there are people who willingly are any sort of help to me. They have got that je ne sais quoi that distinguishes professionals from amateurs. I'm just a leearner, and a learner has the right to make a mistake.

greetings, mate

Of course that being a learner you have every right to make mistakes, in which case I hope you won't take offense at me for correcting a wee bit awkward wording that you have produced. You would be very unlikely to hear 'the time was very late' coming from a native spekear of English. Rather, you would hear 'it was late in the night'.

In any case, you're doing pretty well with your English, so keep up the good work! And just for the record, idioms are best used sparingly. You don't want to get odd looks from people and strike them as a walking dictionary of idioms! For your speech to sound natural, don't overdo them. The same goes for overly fancy words.

Take care.

greetings, mate

Of course that being a learner you have every right to make mistakes, in which case I hope you won't take offense at me for correcting a wee bit awkward wording that you have produced. You would be very unlikely to hear 'the time was very late' coming from a native spekear of English. Rather, you would hear 'it was late in the night'.

In any case, you're doing pretty well with your English, so keep up the good work! And just for the record, idioms are best used sparingly. You don't want to get odd looks from people and strike them as a walking dictionary of idioms! For your speech to sound natural, don't overdo them. The same goes for overly fancy words.
Take care.

Cheers for your comment. Be happy about not me using some salacious vocab I know. I don't want to be considered something of a smarmy operator or whoever. Years of living in the UK (that was when my English was dead poor) left all trace of my bad language habits that I have been trying to break or unlearn, and this is because I decided to go into university, as I knew it'd be to my benefit to do so. If it hadn't been for my mum's disease, I wouldn't probably have come back Poland. That's for sure.

greetings, mate

Take care.

Cheers for your comment. Be happy about not me using some salacious vocab I know. I don't want to be considered something of a smarmy operator or whoever. Years of living in the UK (that was when my English was dead poor) left all trace of my bad language habits that I have been trying to break or unlearn, and this is because I decided to go into university, as I knew it'd be to my benefit to do so. If it hadn't been for my mum's disease, I wouldn't probably have come back Poland. That's for sure.

I must admit that, on reading the word 'salocious', I had to look it up, and having done so I don't really see what's your intended meaning -- given the remainder of your post. :( The OALD definitions reads:

encouraging sexual desire or containing too much sexual detail

In any case, I gather that you are majoring in English? At what university, if it's not too much to ask? Yes, this can well be to your benefit, provided that you are studying at the right uni -- otherwise, not so much. :D
edytowany przez tomekapp: 14 mar 2013
You're getting to get my knickers in a twist, expert. You sound like a smart-alec to me. The word was SALACIOUS, the word "containing too much sexual detail".

cheers!
edytowany przez grudziu: 14 mar 2013
What kind of an expert can I possibly be if I wasn't even familiar with the word SALACIOUS? :D All I wanted to know is what you meant by saying so, since I don't see the link between using 'fancy words' and using words that 'contain too much sexual detail'. No hidden aggenda, no hard feelings, calm down lad.
[double post]
edytowany przez tomekapp: 14 mar 2013
That's ok. You'd better help others with English on the forum - it is learners towards whom the website was geared.
I will, time-permitting.
I will, time-permitting.

time-permitting to rzeczownik, a o to raczej ci nie chodzilo
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 59
poprzednia |

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa