Kilka pytań

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam,

mam kilka pytań:
1. Czy wysyłając wiadomość do kogoś kto prowadzi jakąś stronę można napisać "What a great page dedicated to *sth*! I visit it quite often and I really enjoy it! To be honest, I don't know a single word in French so I use Google Translator to translate it to English (which is not my first language but I assume that Google translates French to English better than to any other language). I know that Google's translations are not really good but somehow I'm able to understand what you write there (here?). Anyway...."?

2. Która wersja jest poprawna "I saw a letter you sent him", czy "I saw a letter you had sent him" (nie w trakcie wysyłania, ale potem)?

3. czy to jest poprawne "You don't have to be a member of the group to see messages but if you join the group you gain access to the files people uploaded there. You can find there (wśród tychplików) e.g. ...."?

4. czy można powiedzieć "Just in the case you haven't already know..."? i czy jest to uprzejme?

5. czy polecając komuś film mówi się "Both, X and Y act here/there really good", czy "Both, X and Y acted here/there really good"? Skłaniam się bardziej ku pierwszej wersji, bo w recenzjach używa się Present Simple, ale nie jestem pewna...

Z góry dziękuję za pomoc i pozdrawiam :)
edytowany przez justme33: 20 lut 2014
1 ok, translate into
2 had sent, bo to było wcześniej, typowe użycie past perfect
3 ok
4 nie rozumiem zdania
5 tak, present simple, ooth bez przecinka
2 the letter
4 just in case you didn't know
1. wszędzie przy 'translate' ma być 'into' zamiast 'to'? a na końcu będzie "what you write there", czy "here"?
4. chodzi mi o coś wstylu "na wypadek gdybyś jeszcze nie wiedział, to jutro nie ma zajęć"
What a great page dedicated to *sth*! I visit it quite often and I really enjoy it! To be honest, I don't know a single word in French, so I use Google Translate to translate it into English, which is not my first language but I assume that Google translates French into English better than into any other language. I know that translation made by the translator is not really good, but somehow, I'm able to understand what you write there/here, anyway.
To "anyway" chciałam, żeby było nowym zdaniem, w sensie przejściem do innego tematu ;)
Wróć...jeszcze 4#.

In case you haven't known, tomorrow's class is cancelled.
Cytat: grudziu
Wróć...jeszcze 4#.

czy jest to uprzejme? albo czy jest jakaś 'oficjana' wersja tego zwrotu? :)

jeszcze mam parę pytań, czy te zdania są poprawne:
1. "I've seen your post on the forum, you wrote there that..."?
2. "I've been looking for it everywhere and it seems to be impossible to buy."?
Wróć...jeszcze 4#.

cos tu nie tak - in case you DIDN'T KNOW, tomorrow's....
Cytat: terri
Wróć...jeszcze 4#.

cos tu nie tak - in case you DIDN'T KNOW, tomorrow's....

oh dear, zauwazylam, ze odpowiedz 'podalam na talerzu ' - sorry.
to 'haven't', czy 'didn't'?

jeszcze mam parę pytań, czy te zdania są poprawne:
1. "I've seen your post on the forum, you wrote there that..."
2. "I've been looking for it everywhere but it seems to be impossible to buy."
3."wrote to you a couple of days ago using a different e-mail address, the one I'm using now I use more often (is my main e-mail address?)"
4. "Speaking of this party at X's house (from?) last june..."
5. czy na kończu maila albo jakiejś innej internetowej wiadomość zamiast "Best regards" można napisać, na przykład "greetings from Poland"?
didn't

1. "I've seen your post on the forum, you wrote 'there' (niepotr slowo - bo juz wiemy gdzie to widzialas) that..."
2. "I've been looking for it everywhere but it seems to be impossible to buy." - OK
3."wrote to you a couple of days ago using a different e-mail address.. (daj tutaj kropke - koniec zdania) The one I'm using now I use more often (tutaj mozesz dodac THIS IS my main e-mail address?)"
4. "Speaking of this party at X's house (from?) last 'june' (duza litera na miesiace)..."
5. Greetings from Poland, - OK. Best wishes - OK.
Ja bym zgubił coś w 2.
Nie potrzeba from w 4.
edytowany przez fui_eu: 21 lut 2014
3. "The one I'm using now I use more often, this is my main e-mail address", czy "The one I'm using now is my main e-mail address"?
druga wersja
terri, what about this:

"In case you haven't received information by now, tomorrow's class is cancelled."

As a sheer little learner, I may be wrong, but using the Present Perfect tense sounds more polite. Maybe I should finally wash my ears though?

edit: It sounds formal as well.
edytowany przez grudziu: 21 lut 2014
I spoke to my university teacher, and she told me that the sentence:

"In case you haven't known, tomorrow's class is cancelled." is wrong both syntactically and semantically. Above all, semantically. Her arguments:

1. 'know' is a stative verb.
2. "nie możemy nie wiedzieć przez pewien czas"
3. "in case" doesn't mean 'if' in this sentence
4. we don't say 'she has told me...'

She said to me that the most natural way of saying it would be: In case you don't know, tomorrow's class is cancelled. The sentence: "In case you didn't know..." is also OK.

What's more, the sentence: "In case you haven't received information by now, tomorrow's class is cancelled." is also wrong. "By" doesn't get us to use Present Perfect Simple.
edytowany przez grudziu: 21 lut 2014
3. "in case" doesn't mean 'if' in this sentence

a co oznacza 'in case' w tym zdaniu? tzn. jaka byłbaby różnica w znaczeniu gdyby użyć 'if'?
edytowany przez justme33: 21 lut 2014
in case you dont know - na wypadek gdybyś nie wiedział
if you don't know - jeżeli nie wiesz

po prostu 1 zakłada mniejsze prawdobodobienstwo wystepowania tej niewiedzy
O którym 3 tu mowa?
Cytat: fui_eu
O którym 3 tu mowa?

chodziło mi o to co Grudziu napisał :)

Dziękuję wszystkim za pmoc :)
edytowany przez justme33: 22 lut 2014
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.