Native From the US wanting to learn Polish

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 106
poprzednia |
Ok, here goes nothing, I'm and American living in Pila. I've been here over 2 years. I know enough polish to get into trouble and not enough to get out of trouble. I want to meet a pretty young polish "Lady" to travel by train and bike to the seaside and have some fun this summer. I'm not necessarily looking for a relationship, I'm looking for companionship and to improve my Polish. I teach English privately in pila and at a school in Poznan so it would only be fair to trade lessons and have some summer fun. Anyone interested? You can email me at [email]

Doug
How did you get Washington Comcast in Pila?
ej nativie wiesz ile ty masz lat hahahpond 40 wic co tu robisz:P a łoszingdon i ju es ej to se wsadz w pudelko i je turla hahaahah
jak na nejtiwa, to troch zes bledow zrobil... podszywasz sie pod kogos, czy moze taki z ciebie amerykanin, jak ze mnie angielka?
Pokaż gdzie te blędy. Poza "and" (powinno być "an") i "polish" (zamiast "Polish").

Ponadto przeglądnij sobie wpisy (możesz nawet swoje) na tym forum i zobacz ilu Polaków robi blędy w swoim ojczystym języku.
a co to ma znaczyc
OK here goes nothing - po jakiemu to? - bo to nie po ang. (ale moze to wszystko wyjasnia - 'here goes nothing')
I've been here over 2 years
"here goes nothing" is an American idiom. You say it before you do something that you think will not be successful.

So, he wrote this post, but doesn't really think he'll find what he's looking for.
To zdanie jest poprawne. Znaczy "Jestem tu / mieszkam tu od ponad dwóch lat".
Witam !
czy moze mi ktos pomoc przetlumaczyc kilka zdan ,bardzo prosze staram sie o prace a nie chce tego napisac z bledami ,Z gory dziekuje:) ( Jestem zainteresowana wasza oferta pracy.Mam doswiadczenie w pracy w kuchni.Przyjmujac mnie na to stanowisko firma zyska dobrego pracownika )
a nie for over? tłukli mi do głowy źle?
Dobrze Ci tłukli, tyle że co nieco ominęli.
thanks - I've not come across this - if you anticipate failure at the start then you will never be disappointed.
no chyba że tak, ja tam się kłócić nie będę. po prostu mi coś brzydko pachniało. z resztą to nie byłby pierwszy raz, jak omijali

a błędów w swym języku staram się nie popełniać, a już na pewno na forach się pilnuję, bo to, co niektórzy z polskim wyrabiają z reguły razi mnie w oczy, a sama się razić nie chcę... ;-)
It depends on how you look at things...
How do you figure i have comcast?
Is EVERYONE A CRITIC??? And for those of you who don't know... or can't read...This is an English only forum
Wow...Ya know something... The more I read the same thing over again, your comments... It makes me sick to know that some people can be so critical. Ok, your right...I used the wrong idiom and you seem to have judged me based on that... you've had to comment on it a couple of times showing me and everyone else that I made an error...forgive me for being imperfect. I just have one question, did it make you feel good to criticize me? I guess your english is perfect with all that higher education you have. As for myself, I wish I could have responded sooner, fortunately I don't have so much time to spend in the chat rooms and forums such as yourself. And one more thing, if your still bored, go ahead and spell chekc this for me and everyone else also...

I have no idea what you wrote in Polish(because I can't read polish and i'm glad I can't at this particular moment because it's probably a bunch of negative) and it doesn't matter, oh wait a minute, isn't this an English Only Forum? Maybe your English isn't so good after all.
That was for you Eva
too bad you don't know Polish. Eva was actually the only one to say you did not make any mistakes in what you wrote. The only moderately critical comment on her part was about that idiom. terri is a British English speaker who apparently did not know that it was a legitimate ASmerican English phrase.
thanks mg,
In all innocence I read it completely incorrectly. It only goes to show, how idioms can be misinterpreted and that no one should automatically assume that everyone will understand any particular idioms. But sorry, nevertheless.
and to Doug,
its obvious that there are sociocultural differences, Poles delight in criticizing others - don't take everything to heart. I, myself have been criticized for 'being wrong' on more than one occasion - but has that deterred me - I think - not.
In that case... I retract any negative I've expressed... I'm actually a VERY positive person and have a real hard time with pessimism. I'm sorry if I've offened anyone in my response. I do realize the socialcultural differences and should have been a little 'softer' in my response. With all due respect to your education Eva, I am sorry I made the mistake of being critical and impolite.
Doug, I'd say it really takes some old-fashioned good manners to make a statement like yours.
There are so many people who just slag others on Internet forums and leave.
My bestest regards :-)
By the way what r u doing in Poland? I think America has more to offer...
this is not to say that you have slagged anyone.
Thanks MG... As for America having more to offer, for the most part, you are correct... As for myself, I was a stressed out corporate salesman who turned to the bottle. Life was pretty tough and the traffic in Seattle is enough to drive anyone crazy. I came here on vacation and fell in love with the peace and quiet. I realize that it's not the same for Poles in most cases, but I'm a firm believer in "we're a product of our environment" and my environment was pretty bad. I love this country and I love to visit the local schools and encourage the kids. It's a tough(na...not so tough) job but someone has to do it, Lord knows there's enough negative running around here. Most of these kids are required to learn a language in which they will never meet anyone who speaks it naturally(I live in Pila, 3 natives total here and the other 2 are in the shadows somewhere). I never felt like I was doing anything rewarding until I came here. Now, If I only knew the language...I'd be able to find one of those beautiful Polish women and raise me a family :) You know, the American way... 2.5 children, 3 bedroom house with an above ground swimming pool, a white picket fence, a dog and a cat no one likes...(well, cats are ok if they're someone elses...lol)
Ouch. That hurts.
Take it easy, I was defending you, not criticizing. Relax (looks like you need to), have a beer or two, and enjoy those hot Polish girls ;)

>With all due respect to your education Eva, I am sorry I made the mistake of >being critical and impolite.

No problem. You sounded more stressed out than critical and impolite. Anyway, education in itself doesn't mean much. It doesn't make you better than anyone else.
I do not know why all of you try to doubt in his nationality. I do not see any reason why has to simulate a native speaker. That is our national feature - to evaluate everyone without any knowledge. Sometimes it drives me up the wall and I think a little meditation about your behaviour would make all the difference to your next judgment
hej,
dobrze zauwazylas "for over ..." - kolezanka eva najwyrazniej ma problemy z ang ... Ale coz - nobody's perfect ;)
A Amerykanie (no offence) bywaja baaardzo tepi (mieszkalam tam przez 2 lata - oni sa w wiekszoscie "nieswiadomi" swego jezyka)
You're being sarcastic, aren't you? Anyways, you still haven't answered my question. By the way, relax. That's why they're writing all that stuff for, to annoy you, so don't give them this satisfaction. To aga_kolata - your arrogance is truly astounding.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
1-30 z 106
poprzednia |

»

Pomoc językowa