"zatarcie skazania"

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-39 z 39
| następna
true!!
However, mis and felo...exist in Webster Dictionary which clearly explain the usage.
merix:d
Last I heard 'Webster's Dictionary' only listed American terminology.
In UK, if someone is paying a fine, they are usually guilty of a 'civil' matter which is dealt with by the Civil Courts. I suspect the writer of this thread has either been stopped 'for speeding' or 'jumping a red light' or maybe even for 'illegal parking'.
A solicitor or a barrister is not 'a prosecutor or a plaintiff'. A plaintiff is the 'guilty party' and a Solicitor will defend him in Civil matters, a Barrister in Criminal matters.
Not quite. A plaintiff is the party who initiates an action before the court. By the way, the term plaintiff has recently been replaced by the term claimant.
I don't get it.

plaintiff - a person who brings a case against another in a court of law.

(prosecutor means the same then)
Lagerkvist-
we are now straying away from the topic -
I agree, but I was trying to make the point, that in the UK we do not have felonies and misdem. and I suggested that perhaps the best best people to ask re these matters would be solicitors and barristers.
Out of interest I will check whether in the Criminal Courts we have 'claimants' as I believe in Criminal cases the action is instigated against the plaintiff.
Lagerkvist-
I've checked my 'Keenan'and you are absolutely right. A plaintiff is the instigator of an action, (he sues the other party). I believe in criminal, the prosecution prosecutes the defendant.
A defendant is the party against which an action is brought. The use of this word is not restricted to criminal cases.
>(prosecutor means the same then)

No, it does not.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-39 z 39
| następna