SET OFF

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
91-120 z 172
@fui

Here is a very interesting article about the AmE usage of this double possessive.
Please read it, it shouldn't take you more than 7 minutes. You may find it very educational.

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/005368.html
My new bed is very big and comfortable, BUT having said that, I think it is toO high, because I have to make a small jump to get onto my 'bed' IT.

Angielski nie lubi powtórzeń:)

having said that = despite (what has just been said). 'Pomimo to' po polsku.

2) nie, tamte to już konstrukcje gramatyczne.
edytowany przez grudziu: 27 lip 2013
A tak tak. ale gdybym nie dał przecinka tylko kropke to zdanie bylo by od Having said that..
Poza tym skad wziales ze 'having said that' = despite. O ile mi wiadomo to = however, bo znaczy to to samo co jednakże, aczkolwiek.

2) Czyli niepoprawne sa te zdania?
edytowany przez VanHezz: 28 lip 2013
jednakże, aczkolwiek, pomimo to - to wszystko z pochodzi z podobnej grupy wyrażeń.

Zapisz to zdanie, gdyż nie wiem o co chodzi.

2) są prawie poprawne, brakuje przecinków, dinner bez 'a'. Mnie chodziło o to, że 'having said that' może być idiomem, może być perfect participle clause. Poczytaj o tym - wszystko będzie jasne :)
Chodziło mi po prostu o to że : Having said that I think .. However I think..

2)czyli dobrze. Wszystko jasne jest ;]

Czy mozna stosowac zamiennie anyway z anyhow oraz someway z somehow ?

Cytat: VanHezz
Czy mozna stosowac zamiennie anyway z anyhow oraz someway z somehow ?

Garner's Modern American Usage na przyklad podaje:

"anyhow (= in any way; in any manner) is a folksy CASUALISM for anyway or nevertheless.
E.g.: "I'm not sure they would anyhow [read anyway]." John Ed Pearce, "Old Age: Not for the
Unwary," Courier-J. (Louisville), 8 Jan. 1995, at D3."

Jednak nie przesadzalbym z tym uzyciem zamiennie

someway(s) - chiefly U.S. colloq. ( somehow, in some manner, by some means)
edytowany przez savagerhino: 28 lip 2013
No może faktycznie, jedna forma mi starczy ;)

1) albeit/albethey(lm) - czy ten spojnik wystepuje tylko przy przymiotnikach lub przysłówkach? np. I saw beautiful flowers, albethey evil-smelling. - Widziałem piękne kwiaty, aczkolwiek brzydko pachnące ... Czy też mozna uzyć z czasownikiem np. I had to go there, albeit I didn't want to.- Musiałem tam iść, chociaż nie chciałem. Wiadomo, że można napisac 'I had to got here, even though I didn't want to' , ale przy słówku 'albeit' napisane jest ze synonim to 'although' wiec tak jakby 'albeit' tez pasuje w zdaniach z czasownikiem.
ref.
1. I want to give you one more chance, but you have to promise you'll keep a lid on it.
2. We shouldn't have said that, even though that was our obligation.
3. I don't think I do very well in my exams, but I'm going to apply for my dreamy studies anyway.
4. I had large amount of money and plenty of time, however I turned that proposition down.
5. Smoking is very unhelathy, nonetheless lots of people still do that.
6. That wasn't such an easy task, yet we did ourselves up and made it somehow.
7. They told me to point the trees out, when we were in the forest, but they didn't consider I'm blind.
8. Like you could see, I was there with her and I enjoyed it quite well.
9. My room has been being cleaned for two hours, however it's still messy.
10. Nie ma tu twoich okularów : There are no your glasses in here czy There aren't your glasses in here.

Could you check these sentences over? Especially, please point those underlined conjunctions out, if they had been used well.
edytowany przez VanHezz: 30 lip 2013
halo?
Hello to you too;)
10. Your glasses aren't here.
@VanHezz Don't use 'albethey' -- it's just not used by anyone and is probably incorrect. 'Albeit' can follow plural nouns.
No dobrze, ale czy 'albeit' jst uzywane tylko przy okazji przymiotnikow czy wyrazen czasownikowych tez np. I had to go there, albeit I didn't want to.

i jeszcze reszta zdań, bo roi się tam od błędow, ktore sam teraz widze, lecz niestety nie moge edytowac postu :))
edytowany przez VanHezz: 03 sie 2013
Nie tylko przy okazji przymiotnikow. 'albeit' does go well before adjectives, but can also be used in place of 'though' or 'although' as in the example you used, albeit rarely. :)
To ten, na którego wiadomośc postanowilem nie odpowiadac.
This is one, on whom message I decided not to answer.
the one to whose

the one whose... not to reply to
This story is about my and my friend's trip to the seaside. On 20th July we decided to set out for some trip and I proposed the seaside. He didn't like the sea so I had to convince him and finally he agreed. We live 250 kilometres from the sea so we could get there only by a train but actually that was proposed by my friend. I asked him if he was sensible of smell, price and speed of trains in Poland and he answered there was no another way.
There arrived a day of our journey. I got out of bed at six o'clock. Having got dressed I phoned my friend whether is he ready or not. Everything was alright. I took my suitcase and went out.
My friend is a cabbage so I was afraid of our trip. I just didn't want to catch a second train and in front of him that was very possible. Fortunatelly he got the station at the same time such me. At seven o'clock we walked into to train. We shared our compartment with three other people, besides, it was very sunny and hot day so I guess I don't have to mention what was going on inside there. One was snoring, second yaking and another badly-smelling. It was the worst journey I ever had. When we arrived we realized that inspector didn't check our tickets. We got nervous seriously because we lost money futilely.

Proszę o szczegółowe sprawdzenie tej krótkiej historyjki. :)
this story is about MY ??
edytowany przez Robbertoxx: 15 sie 2013
Tak. my=mój
Cytat: VanHezz
Tak. my=mój

..już kumam,oki '' my" jak najbardziej na miejscu tutaj, ono odnosi się do ' mojej i mojego przyjaciela wyprawy
to jest ciekawy przyklad zagadnienia, ktore moze rozpoczac ciekawa debate odnosnie doboru odpowiedniej formy
Exactly :) And now could anybody read it and imply my mistakes to me?
Cytat: engee30
to jest ciekawy przyklad zagadnienia, ktore moze rozpoczac ciekawa debate odnosnie doboru odpowiedniej formy

jakiej formy znowu?
sa przyklady uzycia mine zamiast my w takim przypadku
w takim przypadku? cos mi nie wpada w ucho.
'you & me ,you & I, a friend of me, a friend of mine , my friend & I/me...pamiętam był kiedyś taki watek na forum na ten temat.
edytowany przez Robbertoxx: 15 sie 2013
co więcej był nawet w tym moim wątku. Mozliwe ze tam moze byc 'mine', ale po co komplikwoac sprawe.
Ale Twoje 'a friend of me' to juz kompletnie nie wpada w ucho
chociaż może.. nie wiem
twoje zdanie jest okay, przynajmniej jest zgodne z tym, jak ja na ten temat patrze; bo np. takie zdanie mozna spotkac rowniez:
He created a small fortune and he created it in mine and my sister's names.

gdzie normalnie w moim rozumowaniu pasuje my, a nie mine
Ja będę się utrzymywał przy 'mine', 'yours' itd, tylko w krotkich zdaniach jak That's mine i tyle mi wystarczy.

A skoro już tak daleko zaszliście (do pierwszego zdania) to moglibyście przeczytać resztę? hehe ;) Nie zajmie to wiele czasu, obiecuje ;)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
91-120 z 172

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Uniwersytet